Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts Co (A) League 2 Promotion party 14/04/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:26 am

This thread will probably end up in 'You said that then - remember to be profound!

toffo
UTS Regular

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:42 am

That was the loudest i have ever heard Walsall fans in my life!!!!!

Towards the end of the match the stand was shaking and the noise booming around the ground was phenomenal.

I did not see any trouble, the police were fairlyl tolerant and the minutes silence was 99.9% perfect.

Brilliant brilliant day.

If that stand holds 5000 plus then there were at least 3500 saddlers in attendance.

It dont get much better than this.
Well done walsall fc and well done the fans

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:09 am

toffo wrote:That was the loudest i have ever heard Walsall fans in my life!!!!!

Towards the end of the match the stand was shaking and the noise booming around the ground was phenomenal.

I did not see any trouble, the police were fairlyl tolerant and the minutes silence was 99.9% perfect.

Brilliant brilliant day.

If that stand holds 5000 plus then there were at least 3500 saddlers in attendance.

It dont get much better than this.
Well done walsall fc and well done the fans

Don't know the official away attendance. but i would say it was close on 4000 at our end. the stand did indeed shake serveral times .truely amazing away support .

The Buck

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:13 am

I asked a Steward at half-time how many he thought were in our end. He reckoned about 3500.
I can't remember a better following, or a better atmosphere at an away game.
The whole day was a dream, from starting off at 9-45 in The Butts Tavern, till I drank my last pint at about 10-00 in The Old House (I then had to go home as I was in danger of falling over). The atmosphere in Casa on Trent Bridge was brilliant, hundreds of Saddlers supping beer in the sun.
The game was far from a classic and Walsall didn't play terribly well, but you just sensed that it was going to be our day, we were destined to be promoted yesterday.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:16 am

The Casa bar , was the only pub we found that allowed away fans in , it was great though ,right on the Trent , lovely spot .

PT
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:46 am

Brilliant day. From getting off the train and seeing that we'd already taken over the Betnick(?) to getting home. tired and emotional.

Nobody should underestimate the job DD has done in turning this club around.

Another day to file alongside other greats.

Oh Yes!

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:09 am

Well what a day.

Started at 745am outside digbys caf in Walsall. Caught the 830 train to brum, then caught the 920 to nottingham, had my first [very warm and disgusting] pint at 1040 in the Fellows Morton and Clayton place, followed by another pub, hooters, the trent bridge and casa, then the game

Fantastic atmosphere, better than Stoke last year, and there were probably 3500 fans there, and the only free seats I could see were in the top and bottom corners. We probably had 50% of the attendance. And we made all the noise, it was a day to be proud to be a Saddler.

As for the match, we were pretty dire, our two best players with the ball at their feet [harper and cooper] weren't seeing enough of it, Butler and Benjamin just couldn't get in the game, Fox was being his usual self - Westwood surprisingly playing well at centre back, but we still conceded a soft goal. I think we had one attempt on goal all first half, and that flew in.

Pretty much the same story in the second half, we were struggling to get it down and play our passing game. We did start getting it going though, with some good moves involving Deano, and Butler had an oppurtunity that he seemed to scuff and it got stuck in the mud/sand.

Benjamin I thought was very poor all game, slow, cumbersome, and for his height and build, quite weak in the challenge - but who cares, he popped up with a gem of a goal, and we went wild.

Up the Saddlers

Pride of Bescot

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:19 am

Amazing day. Starting at 10 o'clock and arriving back into Walsall at about 9 because our train back into were broke. Technical difficulties supposedly. Anyway why am i complaining. It were an amazing day one i personally will never forget.

Atmosphere - Amazing

Football - Not so good, but two well taken goals

Dicky - Legend!

Roll on League One :D

UTS!

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:44 am

philthesaddler wrote:Well what a day.

Started at 745am outside digbys caf in Walsall. Caught the 830 train to brum, then caught the 920 to nottingham, had my first [very warm and disgusting] pint at 1040 in the Fellows Morton and Clayton place, followed by another pub, hooters, the trent bridge and casa, then the game

Fantastic atmosphere, better than Stoke last year, and there were probably 3500 fans there, and the only free seats I could see were in the top and bottom corners. We probably had 50% of the attendance. And we made all the noise, it was a day to be proud to be a Saddler.

As for the match, we were pretty dire, our two best players with the ball at their feet [harper and cooper] weren't seeing enough of it, Butler and Benjamin just couldn't get in the game, Fox was being his usual self - Westwood surprisingly playing well at centre back, but we still conceded a soft goal. I think we had one attempt on goal all first half, and that flew in.

Pretty much the same story in the second half, we were struggling to get it down and play our passing game. We did start getting it going though, with some good moves involving Deano, and Butler had an oppurtunity that he seemed to scuff and it got stuck in the mud/sand.

Benjamin I thought was very poor all game, slow, cumbersome, and for his height and build, quite weak in the challenge - but who cares, he popped up with a gem of a goal, and we went wild.

Up the Saddlers

On ITV teletext DD has called it the worst performance of the season.I think that's a bit harsh.for one thing the pitch was awful-especially down the right-hand side.

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:11 am

What a day!!

Our fans were truely amazing, the atmosphere was electric all day.
During the match we were brilliant, but once the Benjamin goal went in it became somewhat special.

I will never forget that feeling.

I wore my UTS T-Shirt with pride.... saw a number of others too!

Up The Saddlers!!!

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:31 am

Fantastic day! fantastic company. The Casa was great. I had a little :cry: at the end. Hugged loads of UTSers, got home at 9 and was in Walsall by 10. There were a bunch of lads in the sports bar having a great time :wink:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:36 am

Kiansmom wrote:Fantastic day! fantastic company. The Casa was great. I had a little :cry: at the end. Hugged loads of UTSers, got home at 9 and was in Walsall by 10. There were a bunch of lads in the sports bar having a great time :wink:

Sister Dora was dressed appropriateley, just in case you didnt see xx

handsworth saddler

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:38 am

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:Fantastic day! fantastic company. The Casa was great. I had a little :cry: at the end. Hugged loads of UTSers, got home at 9 and was in Walsall by 10. There were a bunch of lads in the sports bar having a great time :wink:

Did you take some pics?

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:45 am

Thank you sooo much, I didn't. after only 2 hours kip on the Friday night I'm afraid I was a bit of a lightweight.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:48 am

handsworth saddler wrote:

Did you take some pics?

Im sure theyll be on later

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:15 am

Pride of Bescot wrote:Amazing day. Starting at 10 o'clock and arriving back into Walsall at about 9 because our train back into were broke. Technical difficulties supposedly. Anyway why am i complaining. It were an amazing day one i personally will never forget.

Atmosphere - Amazing

Dicky - Legend!

UTS!

Was it? Funny that, so was ours... took us 2 hours from Nottingham to Birmingham.

Dynamo Zuffle
UTS Legend

Location: In the white room with black curtains near the station.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 am

philthesaddler wrote:
Pride of Bescot wrote:Amazing day. Starting at 10 o'clock and arriving back into Walsall at about 9 because our train back into were broke. Technical difficulties supposedly. Anyway why am i complaining. It were an amazing day one i personally will never forget.

Atmosphere - Amazing

Dicky - Legend!

UTS!

Was it? Funny that, so was ours... took us 2 hours from Nottingham to Birmingham.

I would of swapped a two-hour journey back to Brum instead of the Neanderthal man that was racially abusing one chap on the train home last night!

pco_walsall
UTS Regular

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:24 am

Kiansmom wrote:
pco_walsall wrote:
futuresobright wrote:I am delighted that we have continunued to produce embarrassing and inept performances right to the bitter end. Who knows if we had flattered to deceive and actually played some football the need to clear out the rubbish in this squad might have been missed amidst the celebrations. It is vital that we use the next home games to let Money know that if he is staying he must get rid of Butler, Pead and Dobson as well as all his failures that don't even make the team. We cheered the team today, and yes it is great to out of this awful league but Money must be told loud and clear that we will not put up with his crazy selections, signings and tactics next season... happy clappers who think staying up will be an achievement excepted.

ur utter rubbish wont ruin my night im certainly a happy clapper

F&**( ^&&*(

self moderated because I'm a lady, find another team support you aint fit to support ours!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

is that me or futureso bright your havin a go at kiansmom?

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:27 am

Great day.

Prematch in Casa was ace, especially after a sodding ridiculous 45 min treck round Nottingham looking for a licensed premesis, that wasn't either (a) closed, (b) borded up, or (c) home fans only. Loved Blazing's comment to the bloke turning us away from that pub "Wondered why you aint got no customers mate?" :lol: :lol:

Match nervy and edgy, but we nicked it, and thats all that matters. Did my best to impersonate a contestant on "The Price Is Right", by heading down a couple or three rows of seats to celebrate the winner with Dave Roe. Had to be done.

Thanks to everyone for giving us our club back. Great season.

UTS :D

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:28 am

pco_walsall wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:
pco_walsall wrote:
futuresobright wrote:I am delighted that we have continunued to produce embarrassing and inept performances right to the bitter end. Who knows if we had flattered to deceive and actually played some football the need to clear out the rubbish in this squad might have been missed amidst the celebrations. It is vital that we use the next home games to let Money know that if he is staying he must get rid of Butler, Pead and Dobson as well as all his failures that don't even make the team. We cheered the team today, and yes it is great to out of this awful league but Money must be told loud and clear that we will not put up with his crazy selections, signings and tactics next season... happy clappers who think staying up will be an achievement excepted.

ur utter rubbish wont ruin my night im certainly a happy clapper

F&**( ^&&*(

self moderated because I'm a lady, find another team support you aint fit to support ours!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

is that me or futureso bright your havin a go at kiansmom?

apologies for not making myself clear FSB not you mate :lol:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:29 am

can confirm Sister D is wearing a very nice hat ( someone has good taste!!) and scarf, unfortunately battery too low in my camera to take a pic :cry:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:38 am

Exile wrote:This thread will probably end up in 'You said that then - remember to be profound!

Just one comment then......

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:40 am

Kiansmom wrote:can confirm Sister D is wearing a very nice hat ( someone has good taste!!) and scarf, unfortunately battery too low in my camera to take a pic :cry:

great stuff :D

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:37 pm

Unable to be there, and dead jealous of all who were able to be. But very, very happy. Now, let's think about that first league title since 1960.

I LOVE YOU SADDLERS

Puddletown Tom

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:41 pm

I have had a theory about 'future so bright' for some time which I now think may well be true.

I was venting to my better half earlier in the season about what an arse FSB is. She said that he must be a fan of another side infiltrating the board. And then it came to me. The saying goes...'the future's bright, the future's orange'. Orange = colour our nearest and dearest play in. FSB must be a Dingle! Who else would write such infantile twaddle on a regular basis.

The above post must confirm that FSB is a ringer, even if they are not a Dingle. Who else would write such tripe on the day we got promoted? Yes we were pretty poor. But we got promoted with 85 points!! The league table doesn't lie. Like everyone else on this board, I have been a very happy clapper since 4.55 yesterday and remain so today!

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:46 pm

Puddletown Tom wrote:

I have had a theory about 'future so bright' for some time which I now think may well be true.
I was venting to my better half earlier in the season about what an backside FSB is. She said that he must be a fan of another side infiltrating the board. And then it came to me. The saying goes...'the future's bright, the future's orange'. Orange = colour our nearest and dearest play in. FSB must be a Dingle! Who else would write such infantile twaddle on a regular basis.

The above post must confirm that FSB is a ringer, even if they are not a Dingle. Who else would write such tripe on the day we got promoted? Yes we were pretty poor. But we got promoted with 85 points!! The league table doesn't lie. Like everyone else on this board, I have been a very happy clapper since 4.55 yesterday and remain so today!

Me too. he's a comlpete nutter :D

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:47 pm

Puddletown Tom wrote:

I was venting to my better half earlier in the season about what an backside FSB is. She said that he must be a fan of another side infiltrating the board. And then it came to me. The saying goes...'the future's bright, the future's orange'. Orange = colour our nearest and dearest play in. FSB must be a Dingle! Who else would write such infantile twaddle on a regular basis.

The above post must confirm that FSB is a ringer, even if they are not a Dingle. Who else would write such tripe on the day we got promoted?

You are joking, right? For a start the text is punctuated and is not monosyllabic in its choice of words. Name a Dingle who would be able to do that? :roll:

:D

Puddletown Tom

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:50 pm

King Crimson wrote:

You are joking, right? For a start the text is punctuated and is not monosyllabic in its choice of words. Name a Dingle who would be able to do that? :roll:

Good point, well made 8)

Pride of Bescot

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:54 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Puddletown Tom wrote:

The above post must confirm that FSB is a ringer, even if they are not a Dingle. Who else would write such tripe on the day we got promoted?

Surely there has got to be someone from 'Wowlver' ampton' who can actual spell correctly. But then surely he'd have enough sense to realise supporting Wolves is a total waste or space.

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:52 pm

What a great day!
I am absolutely over the moon today, is just starting to sunk in that we am out of this shite league!
The football played was rubbish, but other than that it was a superb day, had a few drinks in Casa with a load of other fellow saddlers.
I had to give someone a piggy back ride on the way to the ground, and ended up falling over, not mentioning any names though :roll: :wink:
Game was crap, but the atmosphere was immense, i have got a bad throat again today, but it is well worth it!
Went into town for a few celebratory drinks, and ended up having a brilliant night!

Bring on the title race now!!

UP THE SADDLERS!!!!

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season