Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts Co (A) League 2 Promotion party 14/04/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:23 pm

Can I just say we got promotion and THIS ONES FOR YOU OLI.

I bet the big man is having a few tins up there today.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Indeed kev.

What a glorious day, it had everything. An early start, a big contingent of friends on the train. An early pint in Nottingham, followed by more boozers before the game including Hooters then ending up at Casa which was magnificent by the river on a glorious day with lots of noisy. happy Saddlers. Then, a truly awesome following in both numbers and noise, far, far more than the official 2,500 mentioned and we all know it. So don't let that be the figure quoted in years to come.

A game which would normally be one to forget but we did what we've done all season, not played particularly well but were excellent at the important ends of the pitch. What happens in the middle is irrelevant and DD knows it.

Then more boozing in Casa after then onto Walsall until the early hours after some window dressing ;) and a balti at Planet Spice.

I love you Walsall FC and all your fans. :D

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:Can I just say we got promotion and THIS ONES FOR YOU OLI.

I bet the big man is having a few tins up there today.

Definately kev, we raised a glass to him yesterday after the game at the pub which we went to!

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 am

Kick off 2 am for me.

Could not sleep so txt Geoff t o see if he is at game. Helen fast asleep.

Geoff txts back to say he is drinking lager at a bar on the Trent with a few from UTS and that he will keep me up to date. Helen wakes on hearing txt and wonders who it is. When i say geoff she claims I must be mad.

Geoff sends regular txts during game keeping me up to date.

When final result comes in get kicked out of bed for wooo hooo ing waking Helen up. She kicks me out of bed :lol:

Go out into the garden and woo hoo some more.

Four hours later make Helen brakfast in bed as a peace offering. It works

Go to computer to get onto UTS to join in celebrations but Broadband connection down. Ring ISP who say they cannot fix until Monday at the earliest :evil:

Have to wait until Monday morning to type this

But who cares

We are up
Last edited by Jeremy Busby on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:01 am

yaa hooo

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:21 am

Jeremy Busby wrote:Four hours later make Helen brakfast in bed as a prace offering. It works

:D

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:51 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Jeremy Busby wrote:Four hours later make Helen brakfast in bed as a prace offering. It works

:D

Apart from dodgy spelling that is.

Should read breakfast and peace

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:38 am

I guessed that. It added to the humour though. :D

Video clip from Saturday's game. It's a long file so be patient waiting for it to load, it's worth it. I think so anyway. My mate couldn't go who's hardly missed a match all season so I said I'd make a bit of effort for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L4Ro8YqhY8

PS - Much more effective with sound.

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:54 pm

E&S pics , a few UTS faces on show.

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/04 ... lebrate/1/

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:05 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:E&S pics , a few UTS faces on show.

Evo doesn't like to miss out does he :D

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 pm

luv yow Evo :D

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm

I'm on the first one,

how come so many faces i've never seen before :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Kiansmom wrote:I'm on the first one,

What you're trying to say is......"where were you when we were sh|t?" :wink: :P

coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:21 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:E&S pics , a few UTS faces on show.

Evo doesn't like to miss out does he :D

He had to be on day he :lol:

sj
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:38 pm

Smiled all day- well until my engine expired on the A42. Spent the late afternoon on the bank waiting for the RAC and catching a few rays.

Didn't think about Tony Blair once-- Thank you Walsall FC :wink:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:28 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

I'm far too polite for that, although I did manage a chorus of "Where were you at Hartlepool?" :oops:

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:17 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

I'm far too polite for that, although I did manage a chorus of "Where were you at Hartlepool?" :oops:

I take your point Linda, but we, and many others, know that the bad times were in the early 90's when there were no more than 3,000 at Bescot.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:luv yow Evo :D

I can also Mr Leamore on no. 4.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:27 pm

Dave Roe wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

I take your point Linda, but we, and many others, know that the bad times were in the early 90's when there were no more than 3,000 at Bescot.

That wasn't aimed at you Dave or any of the others on here, It was more to those that acted liked total numpties on Sat (and of course you very well behaved) :D

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:37 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

That wasn't aimed at you Dave or any of the others on here, It was more to those that acted liked total numpties on Sat (and of course you very well behaved) :D

I salute you lot that go to basically all the away games, you deserve a medal. I can't afford to, and to be honest don't want to, go to every away game.

I still feel proud that I, like 3,000 others, didn't pack it all in 15 years ago, when it would have been SO VERY easy to do just that with the 5hit we were watching.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Dave Roe wrote:I salute you lot that go to basically all the away games, you deserve a medal. I can't afford to, and to be honest don't want to, go to every away game.

I still feel proud that I, like 3,000 others, didn't pack it all in 15 years ago, when it would have been SO VERY easy to do just that with the 5hit we were watching.

I really hope I've done the quoting thingy right :oops:

I've not been to every away game either, lets be honest it would have been very easy to pack it all in last season! I just get miffed that all of a sudden all these people decide to watch Walsall, why if they can make an effort to travel away can't they turn up for a match at home and boost our own funds?

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:51 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:I salute you lot that go to basically all the away games, you deserve a medal. I can't afford to, and to be honest don't want to, go to every away game.

I've not been to every away game either, lets be honest it would have been very easy to pack it all in last season! I just get miffed that all of a sudden all these people decide to watch Walsall, why if they can make an effort to travel away can't they turn up for a match at home and boost our own funds?

Exactly. Come out for the big games and never seen for another couple of seasons.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 pm

Dave Roe wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Exactly. Come out for the big games and never seen for another couple of seasons.

Every little counts, and we all support the club in our own way. I'm happy that people who would otherwise never turn up feel able to go to a match and drop some money on the doorstep to subsidise the clubs. Donor fans, I think, is the technical term for them. They get very little for it, but leave the money.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Exile wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Every little counts, and we all support the club in our own way. I'm happy that people who would otherwise never turn up feel able to go to a match and drop some money on the doorstep to subsidise the clubs. Donor fans, I think, is the technical term for them. They get very little for it, but leave the money.

Would be better if they left it at Bescot :lol: we might even get extra pies :lol:

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:02 pm

Exile wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

I'm no way questioning the loyalty of you exiles. Yes, they sometimes do turn up and spend their money. It's just when the going get's bad they go "No way am I going down Bescot and watching that crap".

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Kiansmom wrote:

You aint missed many this season

From my own perspective, how we are doing in the league, what ever league it may be, has no bearing on whether i go or not

If i have stopped going in the past, it has been because of either Working, or personal problems at home,

I tell you something, it is very easy to lose the buzz, and the urge to go, once you stop going for a while

It is expensive now, no doubt about it, i think our away support is nothing short of amazing, considering our home gates, there are premiership teams that don't take much more than us to away games.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:You aint missed many this season

From my own perspective, how we are doing in the league, what ever league it may be, has no bearing on whether i go or not

If i have stopped going in the past, it has been because of either Working, or personal problems at home,

I tell you something, it is very easy to lose the buzz, and the urge to go, once you stop going for a while

It is expensive now, no doubt about it, i think our away support is nothing short of amazing, considering our home gates, there are premiership teams that don't take much more than us to away games.

I know and I have a bank balance of 0 to prove it :D making up for lost time had a spell when I couldn't go to any/many games due to distance and family ties :cry:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Exactly

Not many peoples life goes by without having a time where it is all but impossible to make it to games, for what ever reason,

You have been to more games than me this season, and i haven't missed many, had we been struggling this year, i would still have been to the same amount of games, as my circumstances allow it now.

There will always be people who jump on the bandwagon for big games, it is the way of life, but in general, we have the same bunch of people , more or less who stick by the club, through thick and thin

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:13 am

Jeremy Busby wrote:Kick off 2 am for me.

Could not sleep so txt Geoff t o see if he is at game. Helen fast asleep.

Geoff txts back to say he is drinking lager at a bar on the Trent with a few from UTS and that he will keep me up to date. Helen wakes on hearing txt and wonders who it is. When i say geoff she claims I must be mad.

Geoff sends regular txts during game keeping me up to date.

When final result comes in get kicked out of bed for wooo hooo ing waking Helen up. She kicks me out of bed :lol:

Go out into the garden and woo hoo some more.

Four hours later make Helen brakfast in bed as a peace offering. It works

Go to computer to get onto UTS to join in celebrations but Broadband connection down. Ring ISP who say they cannot fix until Monday at the earliest :evil:

Have to wait until Monday morning to type this

But who cares

We are up

It was a fantastic day, made all the more special by the wonderful company that I enjoyed all day, from the start of the train journey to the very end of the return journey. Thanks SO MUCH to all of you, you know who you are, you are all absolutely MINT and salt of the earth as far as I am concerned, and it's a day I shall never forget thanks to you (and the team of course).

It was also very special to share these fleeting moments with Jeremy, a true Saddlers fan despite him being on the other side of the world in New Zealand. I was texting him from the time I was at the Casa Bar to the end of the game and beyond. Even though it was night-time over there he was still in touch and eager for updates. Amazing mate, don't know how you do it, but it's always a pleasure and the speed of communication by text never fails to amaze me, even though I should be used to it by now.

Looking forward to another great day out at Swindon, and if I am able to spend it with the same people, I shall be well blessed ! :D

deanonev69
Glitterati

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:10 am

Finally managed to get onto internet-i'm in Vegas!!

Saturday was just amazing-the support we took was tremendous and although we didn't play the best, it doesn't matter. Whole day was just superb! Was so happy that convinced my dad to come with me to Notts County as well as Paul!

And Planty-if you read this-was glad to share the promotion experience with you!!!

HAd three benders in Vegas to celebrate-24 hours, 23 hours and now 19 hours and counting-back to it!!!!

Up the Saddlers!!!

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season