Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts Co (A) League 2 Promotion party 14/04/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:13 am

deanonev69 wrote:And Planty-if you read this-was glad to share the promotion experience with you!!!

HAd three benders in Vegas to celebrate

:shock: YGA!!!!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:15 am

geoffwhiting wrote:It was a fantastic day, made all the more special by the wonderful company that I enjoyed all day, from the start of the train journey to the very end of the return journey. Thanks SO MUCH to all of you, you know who you are, you are all absolutely MINT and salt of the earth as far as I am concerned, and it's a day I shall never forget thanks to you (and the team of course).

And that has been my point all season. If you go for the day out with your mates, family, pet sheep, whatever you'll have a much better time for it. The football is often secondary but it just so happens the last two weekends have had the lot.

Join the away day experience, see new places, meet new people and generally have a good time.

deanonev69
Glitterati

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:16 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:And Planty-if you read this-was glad to share the promotion experience with you!!!

Minute i posted that i knew i was in trouble!!!!

Drinking benders i meant to say!!!!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:17 am

deanonev69 wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

You can drink them now?

deanonev69
Glitterati

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:18 am

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

You can drink them now?

I'm going to be thoroughly ashamed i can feel it when i walk into Bescot Bar Saturday!!!!!

deanonev69
Glitterati

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:19 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:It was a fantastic day, made all the more special by the wonderful company that I enjoyed all day, from the start of the train journey to the very end of the return journey. Thanks SO MUCH to all of you, you know who you are, you are all absolutely MINT and salt of the earth as far as I am concerned, and it's a day I shall never forget thanks to you (and the team of course).

And that has been my point all season. If you go for the day out with your mates, family, pet sheep, whatever you'll have a much better time for it. The football is often secondary but it just so happens the last two weekends have had the lot.

Join the away day experience, see new places, meet new people and generally have a good time.

Echoes what i said about being with my dad and Paul. I'm so glad its done as if we had gone to play offs my dad is in Cuba and wouldn't be the same-he's reason i love this club!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:20 am

deanonev69 wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

You can drink them now?

I'm going to be thoroughly ashamed i can feel it when i walk into Bescot Bar Saturday!!!!!

Youre not feeling anything young man, youre in the YGA corner :wink:

deanonev69
Glitterati

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:21 am

Back to the bar i go!! See you saturday!!!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:23 am

deanonev69 wrote:Back to the bar i go!! See you saturday!!!

good idea, your punishment can be to get my beer!

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 am

deanonev69 wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

:shock: Man pop?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:13 am

deanonev69 wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

You can drink them now?

I might make a special visit. Image

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:21 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Can only second that. My away days this season have been fantastic,not just the football but the genuinely great people off this board have made it really special.It's great to travel to an away game and the first people you see are UTS ers. DZ at Mansfield, Even in torquay we dropped our luggage off and headed for the sea front, first pub we came to had UTS ers outside!.for me it's been the company that has made they trips what they are e.g Zola saddler who took 3 complete strangers to Bury with her (very brave) last week at Notts was just the icing on the cake, to walk into a pub and see so many familiar faces, and seeing those faces and hugging so many people at the end when we got promotion is what will stay with me for a long time. oohh i am filling up again :cry:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Can only second that. My away days this season have been fantastic,not just the football but the genuinely great people off this board have made it really special.It's great to travel to an away game and the first people you see are UTS ers. DZ at Mansfield, Even in torquay we dropped our luggage off and headed for the sea front, first pub we came to had UTS ers outside!.for me it's been the company that has made they trips what they are e.g Zola saddler who took 3 complete strangers to Bury with her (very brave) last week at Notts was just the icing on the cake, to walk into a pub and see so many familiar faces, and seeing those faces and hugging so many people at the end when we got promotion is what will stay with me for a long time. oohh i am filling up again :cry:

Your such a big softie Linda ! :lol:

Mind you, I was impressed by how quiet and well-behaved you were on Saturday - well at least for the 20 minutes you were asleep on the train back ! :lol:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:58 pm

geoffwhiting wrote: Your such a big softie Linda ! :lol:

Mind you, I was impressed by how quiet and well-behaved you were on Saturday - well at least for the 20 minutes you were asleep on the train back ! :lol:

I'm always well behaved Geoff, save me the seat next to you on the train to Swindon :lol:

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:43 pm

Kiansmom wrote:

I'm always well behaved Geoff, save me the seat next to you on the train to Swindon :lol:

Linda .... You was asleep :shock: How dare you! You no that is not allowed! :wink:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:48 pm

Saddler4Life wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Linda .... You was asleep :shock: How dare you! You no that is not allowed! :wink:

As if you was gonna notice, you was pre occupied :wink:

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Yeah singing! :lol:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Saddler4Life wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Is that what it is called, bless

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:52 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Is that what it is called, bless

What you on about, all i was doing was singing! :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:01 am

I take it the voice would be somewhat muffled?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:16 am

Saddler4Life wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Yup, and I think this must mean she slept with everyone on the train ! :lol:

Sorry, I'll get me coat !

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:37 am

geoffwhiting wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

rememebr Geoff, it's not the sleeping that gets you in troble, it's the staying awake :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:19 am

Kiansmom wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:Linda .... You was asleep :shock: How dare you! You no that is not allowed! :wink:

rememebr Geoff, it's not the sleeping that gets you in troble, it's the staying awake :wink:

There's websites for that, and this is not one of them. NO youtube videos, please!
:wink:

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:40 am

Exile wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:Linda .... You was asleep :shock: How dare you! You no that is not allowed! :wink:

There's websites for that, and this is not one of them. NO youtube videos, please!

Spoilsport!!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:20 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Indeed, Even Oldham on an Icy tuesday night can be kinda fun :?

Purple Stand Pigeon

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:47 pm

Exile wrote:I take it the voice would be somewhat muffled?

Mmm...g..g mm m m g....g....ccccchhhhh...yuk. You were supposed to say.... :shock:

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:50 pm

Exile wrote:There's websites for that, and this is not one of them. NO youtube videos, please!

I'm hoping there aren't any :oops:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:56 pm

Kiansmom wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Saddler4Life wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

Have to agree with you Linda, in fact I've often questioned this when it's been said that "so-and-so" has been sleeping with "whatsisname". What's so bad about sleeping with someone, as you say it's only those that stay awake that get up to anything? :D

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season