Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Accrington Stanley (H) League 31/3/07 Oli's Match.

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
pco_walsall
UTS Regular

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:18 pm

to be fair though without martin butler we wouldnt of scored half the goals we have this season

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:22 pm

saddlerken wrote:The only thing I will add is that I feel for Butler, with no consistent or good partner, with little or no service, without a rest all season and working his bloody socks off chasing things he shouldn't be chasing (he should be in and around that 18 yard box for 90 minutes) he deserves a bloody medal

If he did play a bit cack and still score and have a hand in the other 2 then he deserves all the luck in the world, personally I think he’s been brilliant leading the line this year

I don't disagree with any of that at all but he's been knackered for at least a month and it shows in his play. He weakly went down at Wycombe when before Christmas the defenders would have been dumped on their @rse and he'd have scored and although it was a clear foul at MK I can't help thinking the same about that situation.

It's not his fault and he's done well all season, but he should have been rested at times but he hasn't.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:00 am

Is that the new skinny fit version of next seasons strip I see on your avatar MMF?! (and of course I mean strip in terms of kit, not the other way that could refer to the picture!! :lol: )

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:36 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:Is that the new skinny fit version of next seasons strip I see on your avatar MMF?! (and of course I mean strip in terms of kit, not the other way that could refer to the picture!! :lol: )

Yes it is the body painted version. The new club shop will be adding several new items to their range. :D

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season