Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chester City (H) League Saturday 10/3/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:34 am

moanin old git wrote:Yes, he ducks out of tackles at times, he is lazy, looses interest at times, but who dosen't, when you consider
some of Butlers performances of late, I tend to wonder which of the two should be on the pitch?

At times???? All the effin time more like

Who doesn't lose interest? Who isn't lazy? You seriously can't put those in the same sentance as Butler. Butler runs his socks off for the cause, he never ever stops running, challenges for everything. He's probably created more goals because he's chased a lost cause than Mark Wright has by crossing!

The only criticism I would have of Butts is as other people rightly point out, there are times when he picks up needless bookings for kicking out.

But I would much rather have an arrogant grafter than a lazy wimp in my team !!!

ShropsSaddler
Glitterati

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:47 am

philthesaddler wrote:
moanin old git wrote:Yes, he ducks out of tackles at times, he is lazy, looses interest at times, but who dosen't, when you consider
some of Butlers performances of late, I tend to wonder which of the two should be on the pitch?

At times???? All the effin time more like

Who doesn't lose interest? Who isn't lazy? You seriously can't put those in the same sentance as Butler. Butler runs his socks off for the cause, he never ever stops running, challenges for everything. He's probably created more goals because he's chased a lost cause than Mark Wright has by crossing!

The only criticism I would have of Butts is as other people rightly point out, there are times when he picks up needless bookings for kicking out.

But I would much rather have an arrogant grafter than a lazy wimp in my team !!!

Phil, I think we're meant to be ignoring Moanin Old Git in the hope that he goes away :wink:

Chester_Fan

Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:47 am

good predictions :lol:

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season