Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Redditch United (A) B'ham Snr Cup Semi - Tuesday 20/03/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:19 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Well done Par.

Yes well done Par for scoring two goals against a team that my mate was playing for two years ago despite having to only training once a week.

Still, should help his confidence and I hope he scores the winner on Sunday.

Do you understand the word juxtaposition ?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:21 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Yes well done Par for scoring two goals against a team that my mate was playing for two years ago despite having to only training once a week.

And a team in the same division as Vauxhall Motors, against whom James 'Goal Machine' Constable notched three of his oft-quoted thirteen goals for Kiddie. If they count, they count.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:22 am

King Crimson wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

And a team in the same division as Vauxhall Motors, against whom James 'Goal Machine' Constable notched three of his oft-quoted thirteen goals for Kiddie. If they count, they count.

what does this lad have to do, to get some praise?! he scores 2 goals, plays well by all accounts, and still gets critiscism! its ridiculous.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:24 am

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

what does this lad have to do, to get some praise?! he scores 2 goals, plays well by all accounts, and still gets critiscism! its ridiculous.

Have you highlighted my post for a reason, Metfan? :?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:26 am

Yeah I'm agreeing with you ? :?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:27 am

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Yeah I'm agreeing with you ? :?

Oh. That's fine. Carry on! :D

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:27 am

King Crimson wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Yeah I'm agreeing with you ? :?

Oh. That's fine. Carry on! :D

:D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:14 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Right, and James Constable has the benefit of playing of having chances created for him on a weekly basis from League players such as: Wright, Wrack, Bradley (Capt) Demontagnac who played behind Par last night?

Bit of a difference KC.

Well done to Par. I want players to do well for us, because it helps the team to do well.

However, I have the benefit of seeing him in every minute he's been on the pitch for the first team and he's not good enough, not yet anyway. JC was, he proved it by getting into scoring positions and scoring goals in far less of a run in the team than Par has had, at a lower level.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
King Crimson wrote:And a team in the same division as Vauxhall Motors, against whom James 'Goal Machine' Constable notched three of his oft-quoted thirteen goals for Kiddie. If they count, they count.

Right, and James Constable has the benefit of playing of having chances created for him on a weekly basis from League players such as: Wright, Wrack, Bradley (Capt) Demontagnac who played behind Par last night?

Bit of a difference KC.

Point taken, and it IS encouraging that Par scored. Hopefully, that will be the tonic needed to kick start his Walsall career.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:31 pm

King Crimson wrote:Point taken, and it IS encouraging that Par scored. Hopefully, that will be the tonic needed to kick start his Walsall career.

Finally, my positive outlook is rubbing off on you

:wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:36 pm

saddlerken wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Point taken, and it IS encouraging that Par scored. Hopefully, that will be the tonic needed to kick start his Walsall career.

Finally, my positive outlook is rubbing off on you

:wink:

:D

I want to be just like you, ken. How am I doing? :?:

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Not bad, needs work, you're too polite :P

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:53 pm

saddlerken wrote:Not bad, needs work, you're too polite :P

What would you know about it?

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Much better :D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:54 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
King Crimson wrote:And a team in the same division as Vauxhall Motors, against whom James 'Goal Machine' Constable notched three of his oft-quoted thirteen goals for Kiddie. If they count, they count.

Bit of a difference KC.

Point taken, and it IS encouraging that Par scored. Hopefully, that will be the tonic needed to kick start his Walsall career.

Fingers crossed. We need someone to notch consistently for the next couple of months.

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season