Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Darlington (A) League - Saturday 03/03/2007

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
tinned
Site Addict

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:11 pm

aldridge steve wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:I know one thing for a fact. JC would have ATTEMPTED that shot towardst the end, inside the box when it all opened up, that Lazerquest bottled and laid off so the chance was missed. JC didn't have a lot to his game but he would shoot on sight and often accurately which gives him one trait more than the foreign, brown envelope one.
That last minute effort could have given us a very welcome 3 points.

Is there something you are not telling us? :wink:

If I'm on the right track, then I thought it was only hot, sunny countries :twisted:

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:10 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:I know one thing for a fact. JC would have ATTEMPTED that shot towardst the end, inside the box when it all opened up, that Lazerquest bottled and laid off so the chance was missed. JC didn't have a lot to his game but he would shoot on sight and often accurately which gives him one trait more than the foreign, brown envelope one.

I must have missed that one - I mostly remember him scuffing shots from the edge of the area whilst looking like a frightened rabbit.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:46 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

I must have missed that one - I mostly remember him scuffing shots from the edge of the area whilst looking like a frightened rabbit.

Never again will I take any notice when you say I have a closed mind to certain players :roll:

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:05 am

Dave Roe wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Never again will I take any notice when you say I have a closed mind to certain players :roll:

I shall just say Michael Dobson (with far, far less justification), kettle, teapot, black.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:39 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Like this Neil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cp59ZbXAI

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:24 pm

This argument is silly. JC Was NEVER going to be a first teamer, because he simply was not good enough. End of story.

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:25 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:This argument is silly. JC Was NEVER going to be a first teamer, because he simply was not good enough. End of story.

It's that sort of disparaging remark that means this argument just won't rest.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:41 pm

Registered Saddler wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:This argument is silly. JC Was NEVER going to be a first teamer, because he simply was not good enough. End of story.

It's that sort of disparaging remark that means this argument just won't rest.

It's also the fact that the person making the remark (and Neil) continue to slate JC while supporting the obviously far worse Lazerquest making their comments look ridiculous.

If someone can honestly say they've seen pieces of play that JC shows on the link I have posted above (that Neil continually ignores) from Lazerquest then I will drop the case, but I haven't, not in a single minute he's been on the pitch home or away.

He was bought in to replace JC, clearly a better player on evidence shown so far because it suited the agent and everyone concerned that bought him in.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:14 pm

Constable was a natural goalscorer, sure there where bits that needed ironing out in his game, but hey, that is why he was at walsall, not a better team.

I honestly believe, had he played as many games as Butler, he would have been top scorer this season.

I really hope Ciderfest proves me wrong, but it is hard to see where his goals come from, got to give him time to settle of course, but he hasn't impressed me one bit

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:34 pm

He has done nothing to earn a place on the bench yet alone an extension to his contract. If we do get promotion his departure will surely be a no-brainer. Why do I get the feeling that Hector Sam will be out the door before Laserquest?

Wish him no ill and hope he proves me wrong with half a dozen goals to help us to promotion, but right now he is a complete hindrance to our chances, and his repeated and premature cameos in place of the on-form Sam are painful to watch unless you are supporting the opposition, whose supporters must be as bemused as anyone. Sam's substitution against Lincoln in particular was an absolute joke.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:44 pm

I don't honestly know how you work that one out, sorry.. Have you seen any evidence our scandinavian mule is going to score goals ?

People forget easily, Some quality finishes from Constable last season, he never had a run in the team this season, would have scored more than Butler in my opinion given the same , never be dropped or taken off privilage that Martin has.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Can people just leave this completely pointless argument now? If Constable amounts to something, come back and gloat, but this sort of thging is just getting silly, as is Mark finding a bit of video of him doing something good. It's not as if people would keep film of the opposite, is it? People will just have to agree to differ on him.

As for Blazing's comment, I don't see any reference to Cedrqvist in Metfan's post, so why the comparison anyway?

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Can we stop talking about this now. Neil is right. End of. *Fingers in ears* Nah, nah, nah, nah, I can't hear you, nah, nah, nah, nah.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:19 pm

Dave Roe wrote:Can we stop talking about this now. Neil is right. End of. *Fingers in ears* Nah, nah, nah, nah, I can't hear you, nah, nah, nah, nah.

You can hear me, you goit :wink:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
As for Blazing's comment, I don't see any reference to Cedrqvist in Metfan's post, so why the comparison anyway?

I was just about to post the exact same Neil. Where did I mention Cederqvist ?

Its all the same with the Mark Wright arguments, justify it with Tony bleedin' Bedeau!

Look at the facts - he was not good enough. he has gone - end of story. Jesus!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:06 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Can people just leave this completely pointless argument now? If Constable amounts to something, come back and gloat, but this sort of thging is just getting silly, as is Mark finding a bit of video of him doing something good. It's not as if people would keep film of the opposite, is it? People will just have to agree to differ on him.

The fact is Neil. He scored goals in League One. The video proved he has the touch, the finishing ability and knew which runs to make. I'd be surprised if Cederquist knows how to wipe his arse and doesn't look likely to get into a position to score in a poor Division Four against dreadful defences.

We are comparing the two because DD saw fit to get rid of JC to allow him to bring Cederquist in. He clearly made the wrong decision.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:26 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Can people just leave this completely pointless argument now? If Constable amounts to something, come back and gloat, but this sort of thging is just getting silly, as is Mark finding a bit of video of him doing something good. It's not as if people would keep film of the opposite, is it? People will just have to agree to differ on him.

The fact is Neil. He scored goals in League One. The video proved he has the touch, the finishing ability and knew which runs to make. I'd be surprised if Cederquist knows how to wipe his backside and doesn't look likely to get into a position to score in a poor Division Four against dreadful defences.

We are comparing the two because DD saw fit to get rid of JC to allow him to bring Cederquist in. He clearly made the wrong decision.

Mark, just leave it. If we had a video of every game, I could find plenty of examples of his poor touch, poor decision making and poor off the ball running. In the meantime, you criticise the manager for letting him go without giving him a chance while slagging off a player who has had fewer opportunities than him. It's just time to drop the subject.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:14 pm

Oh MMF, Site Admin has spoken, please do as you're told and drop the subject.

Neil has been proven right, you have been proven wrong. Accept it and move on.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:05 am

Dave Roe wrote:Oh MMF, Site Admin has spoken, please do as you're told and drop the subject.

Yes, I hope that means I have spoken as well! :D

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:06 am

Dave Roe wrote:Oh MMF, Site Admin has spoken, please do as you're told and drop the subject.

No Dave, one of us will be proved right, but it'll be in a year or two at least. That's why the argument is quite pointless.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:57 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:No Dave, one of us will be proved right, but it'll be in a year or two at least. That's why the argument is quite pointless.

Since when have arguments proving pointless stopped any of us?

For the record, I think we were totally wrong to sack Colin Lee.

:D

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:38 am

King Crimson wrote:For the record, I think we were totally wrong to sack Colin Lee.
:D

Wrong thread - I haven't set up the 'Colin vs Clown' forum yet. :wink:

(and I agree, but he had to go)

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:13 am

Exile wrote:Wrong thread - I haven't set up the 'Colin vs Clown' forum yet. :wink:

Alongside the "Why Build a Hotel When We Need to Strengthen the Squad?" forum? :roll:
Last edited by King Crimson on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:28 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

The fact is Neil. He scored goals in League One. The video proved he has the touch, the finishing ability and knew which runs to make. I'd be surprised if Cederquist knows how to wipe his backside and doesn't look likely to get into a position to score in a poor Division Four against dreadful defences.

Mark, just leave it. If we had a video of every game, I could find plenty of examples of his poor touch, poor decision making and poor off the ball running. In the meantime, you criticise the manager for letting him go without giving him a chance while slagging off a player who has had fewer opportunities than him. It's just time to drop the subject.

Yes of course, now i understand.. how dare anyone criticise DD

Sorry Daz, wasn't having a go at you, just wondered what you base your opinion on,

I don't take Richard Money as right in everything he does, seem he doesn't fancy Ciderquest much now anyway, although he isn't that keen on Hector Sam who has been our best striker for some time now, really baffled me him not starting saturday

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:52 am

I'll put my two pence worth in...

I don't think people are seeing this the way I see it. Regardless of how good Constable is, I think it came down to money at the end of the day. We brought someone in on a free, and got rid of someone for £20k, result: £20k hard cash.

I think that was the crucial factor in Constable leaving, not his quality.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:56 am

philthesaddler wrote:I think it came down to money at the end of the day. We brought someone in on a free, and got rid of someone for £20k, result: £20k hard cash.

Sorry Phil, absolute rubbish

Like Constable who was also rubbish and like Ceder Tree who appears to be....well.....rubbish

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 am

philthesaddler wrote:I'll put my two pence worth in...

I don't think people are seeing this the way I see it. Regardless of how good Constable is, I think it came down to money at the end of the day. We brought someone in on a free, and got rid of someone for £20k, result: £20k hard cash.

Didn't Constable cost us £4k? So, profit of £16k.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 am

Why is that rubbish?

We got hard cash for a player that wasn't featuring in the first team. We replaced him with a foreign import on a free who doesn't really feature in the first team. Footballing wise we are in no stronger a position [hence why i tend to agree with Mark and co on this], but cash flow wise, we are.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:06 am

philthesaddler wrote:Why is that rubbish?

We got hard cash for a player that wasn't featuring in the first team. We replaced him with a foreign import on a free who doesn't really feature in the first team. Footballing wise we are in no stronger a position [hence why i tend to agree with Mark and co on this], but cash flow wise, we are.

£16k being a crucial factor in him leaving? That is rubbish

The cash was only a minor bonus that we were able to offload the one dimensional donkey

The only problem I have with teh whole scenario is that we have replaced him with anotrher donkey so it seems

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:07 am

I would aslo imagine that constable was on a lot less money in wages

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season