Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hartlepool United (a) League Saturday 10/2/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:43 am

Kiansmom wrote:
Stu wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:
Stu wrote:Can't complain about the result by the sounds of it, they've been the better team showing more intent throughout.

We've not really had a clear chance apart from the goal by the sounds of it.

3-1...........

how wrong you are! just goes to show how different watching a match is compared to listening to it.

To be honest, I've spoke to 2 people at the match who said that the better of the two teams won... Note I didn't say we played poorly, as neither WM nor the folk I spoke to said we did, they both said we played okay, however we didn't play as well as Pools.

so they would have told you about the clear chance when Ishy missed and open goal?

Yes, and they also told me about Pools hitting the post at 1-1 too... Although I don't really see what difference one chance makes to be honest, all teams have chances.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that I've heard from 3 different sources that we played the best team we've seen this season yesterday and they won, and that they just about deserved to win. Other people may feel otherwise and feel we deserved to win or get a point, other folk may feel the Ref cost us the match.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:06 pm

I don't think they were the best team we have played this season, and they certainly didn't deserve the win, but then what do I know,? I only watched the game :oops:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Stu, as you have seen on the other threads, ive got my head buried in my hands and im going to bash it up several walls, some people havent got a clue. Honestly, im thinking of stopping posting on anything to do with walsall, because there is so much rubbish.

Im sitting here in disbelief.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:07 pm

Kiansmom wrote:I don't think they were the best team we have played this season, and they certainly didn't deserve the win, but then what do I know,? I only watched the game :oops:

They were the best team we have played, by a country mile in fact. :?

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:08 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:I don't think they were the best team we have played this season, and they certainly didn't deserve the win, but then what do I know,? I only watched the game :oops:

in your opinion but not in mine oh sorry forgot I'm not allowed one am I?

what did they do that was so great? nothing!

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:11 pm

Stu wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:
Stu wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:
Stu wrote:Can't complain about the result by the sounds of it, they've been the better team showing more intent throughout.

We've not really had a clear chance apart from the goal by the sounds of it.

3-1...........

how wrong you are! just goes to show how different watching a match is compared to listening to it.

To be honest, I've spoke to 2 people at the match who said that the better of the two teams won... Note I didn't say we played poorly, as neither WM nor the folk I spoke to said we did, they both said we played okay, however we didn't play as well as Pools.

so they would have told you about the clear chance when Ishy missed and open goal?

Yes, and they also told me about Pools hitting the post at 1-1 too... Although I don't really see what difference one chance makes to be honest, all teams have chances.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that I've heard from 3 different sources that we played the best team we've seen this season yesterday and they won, and that they just about deserved to win. Other people may feel otherwise and feel we deserved to win or get a point, other folk may feel the Ref cost us the match.

To be honest, yes they look like a decent team, who deserve to be up the top of the table behind us! as another one of the 277 fans who travelled up and stood in the nasty cold weather, i for one aint unhappy about the result, im just upset at the manner of the referee!, i also now for one many other fans who went, actually blame the referee! There 3rd goal was offside, and the referee just liked getting his cards out out of his pockets and showing them to walsall players!
Did any Pool players actually get booked? No they did not! And you cant tell me that they did anything wrong! Jus that the ref was a Geordie Wannabe!
If the ref did nothing wrong then, why on earth, was most/if not all of the traveling faithful going mad at the referee, and why did DD and all the staff go up and surround the ref and his officials at the edn of the game? If it was a fair loss then im sure DD would of just taken it on the chin and walk off!!!

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:14 pm

Calm down Rach, I've said nowt about the Ref, as everyone I've spoken to says he was pretty poor throughout, even the Pools fans. Barking up the wrong tree there.

Linda, you sort of see the point I'm saying. Its all down to different opinions, doesn't mean anyone is wrong or right.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:14 pm

Kiansmom wrote:

They beat the league leaders 3 - 1, yes thats THREE - one.

Had countless attacks, swarmed all over us, were solid in defence, produced great set pieces, great wing play, full backs bombed forward - Humphries was amazing. Barker won headers, monkhouse ran at us and played accross the park, Brown ran at us all game, they were brilliant, and deserved the win.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:16 pm

Stu wrote:Calm down Rach, I've said nowt about the Ref, as everyone I've spoken to says he was pretty poor throughout, even the Pools fans. Barking up the wrong tree there.

Linda, you sort of see the point I'm saying. Its all down to different opinions, doesn't mean anyone is wrong or right.

yes but my opinion is my own from watching the game, not from what other people have told me

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:18 pm

And that person was me! :lol:

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:20 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:And that person was me! :lol:
It says it all then dont it1 No wonder yours and stus post sounds near enough the same!

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:21 pm

well obviously....

Stu said 2 or 3 people, and experienced professionall mick kerans learns, and a journalist lol...

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:27 pm

Kiansmom wrote:yes but my opinion is my own from watching the game, not from what other people have told me

So does that automatically mean my opinion is wrong then?

I've heard 3 different folks, one is Daz, one is someone who doesn't post on UTS and one is WM. They've all said fairly similar and they were there at the match like you.

I know that WM aren't really that different to my own views when I watch a match, so I've an element of trust in what they say. Sometimes I disagree with Daz's viewpoints, sometimes not, and I often agree with the other fella. So therefore I'm inclined to take a bit of trust in their judgement, thats reasonable isn't it?

I've seen enough matches, both home and away, to know how we play, what style we play and what our tactics are like. You put that together with someone else's opinion, who was there and whom you trust, and I think its fair that your then allowed to have an opinion.

Or are you going to do what you were doing the other week, and say that I'm not allowed to have an opinion without being told I'm wrong? Which is what you said the other week and you said was why you didn't post as often on the All About Walsall forum. Basically, if I disagree with your opinion, I'm wrong. Thats what your trying to say, espeically as I wasn't there.

If I'd seen it with my own eyes and still disagreed, would I still be wrong?

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:41 pm

Agree with what Bath Saddler said a few pages ago, we had our chance to address problems and weaknesses in January, and like in 2003, Bonser gave no support whatsoever.

If we give this away, which unless we turn things around pretty sharpish we will do, Bonser will be culpable.

At the start of the season he was bleating on about how our sole aim was to win this league. Dicky showed what he could do up to December [just like Lee did 4 years ago], we got money for kinsella, losing not only an influencial player but also an influencial coach, then results start to fade, and we don't act.

Like others have said, the pressure is starting to mount. We still have to play lincoln, swindon and mk dons, not to mention the games where teams will come to Bescot and put everyone behind the ball and frustrate us.

January/February has been a massive wake up call - yet the club haven't woken up.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:53 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Agree with what Bath Saddler said a few pages ago, we had our chance to address problems and weaknesses in January, and like in 2003, Bonser gave no support whatsoever.

If we give this away, which unless we turn things around pretty sharpish we will do, Bonser will be culpable.

Two major flaw in those comments Phil, DD has already turned around and publically said that (i) he has money to spend and (ii) he believes this squad is capable of getting promotion without any additions.

If we balls this up, which I highly doubt, then Bonser is not in the slightest bit culpable. The money is there, waiting to be spent, the manager doesn't feel he needs to, yet, or he hasn't found the right player to spend it on.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:00 pm

I give up! Obviously there's no pint going to watch any more Hartleppol are brilliant so goes without saying they will win this league, my team are no good the manager doesn't buy players just for the sake of it. Can't read this drivel anymore UTS

adios all it's been fun

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:03 pm

Stu wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Agree with what Bath Saddler said a few pages ago, we had our chance to address problems and weaknesses in January, and like in 2003, Bonser gave no support whatsoever.

Two major flaw in those comments Phil, DD has already turned around and publically said that (i) he has money to spend and (ii) he believes this squad is capable of getting promotion without any additions.

If we balls this up, which I highly doubt, then Bonser is not in the slightest bit culpable. The money is there, waiting to be spent, the manager doesn't feel he needs to, yet, or he hasn't found the right player to spend it on.

well it suppose it comes down to PR Stu, as we know, managers, chairman and football are very good at it. Its not like DD would come out and say he has had no money etc. Would be very interesting to find out if it was a face tho.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Kiansmom wrote:I give up! Obviously there's no pint going to watch any more Hartleppol are brilliant so goes without saying they will win this league, my team are no good the manager doesn't buy players just for the sake of it. Can't read this drivel anymore UTS

adios all it's been fun

Talk about an over-reaction... Someone doesn't share your opinion and its a load of drivel that you can't read anymore... Exactly what you criticised others for last week, when folk were talking attendances with Sid.
Last edited by Stu on Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:10 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:well it suppose it comes down to PR Stu, as we know, managers, chairman and football are very good at it. Its not like DD would come out and say he has had no money etc. Would be very interesting to find out if it was a face tho.

So because he hasn't signed anyone, we have to automatically assume its because he has got no money and therefore its all Bonser's fault.

If DD had no money, he just didn't have to say anything, instead, he actually admitted that he did have money. If he didn't have it, he didn't have to say anything, and definitely didn't have to say he does have money to spend.

Sorry, but Phil's post is just a Bonser bashing post.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:39 pm

I wonderd how long it would take , the Bonser to blame posts to start .

How many times as DD said the money is there , he is still well within budget

WFCNIL

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:02 pm

At the start of the season he was bleating on about how our sole aim was to win this league. Dicky showed what he could do up to December [just like Lee did 4 years ago], we got money for kinsella, losing not only an influencial player but also an influencial coach, then results start to fade, and we don't act.

Like others have said, the pressure is starting to mount. We still have to play lincoln, swindon and mk dons, not to mention the games where teams will come to Bescot and put everyone behind the ball and frustrate us.

January/February has been a massive wake up call - yet the club haven't woken up.

Just got up Phil ???. Your slipping mate I thought your anti Bonser postings would have been online much earlier.

By the way what position did he play yesterday and what did you think of his team selection and tactics

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:23 pm

"and slides the ball to Ishy who must surely score and win it for the Saddlers...."

Draw would have been a fair result yesterday without doubt, we could and should have pinched all 3 points at the end which would have been tough on Hartlepool, just as them being gifted two late goals was tough on us.

The ref was awful, and they are most certainly not the best team we have played this season, that's my opinion having watched the game.

Also can people please get the distinction between a geordie and someone from Teeside, its like calling someone from Derby a Brummie.

WFCNIL

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:"and slides the ball to Ishy who must surely score and win it for the Saddlers...."

Draw would have been a fair result yesterday without doubt, we could and should have pinched all 3 points at the end which would have been tough on Hartlepool, just as them being gifted two late goals was tough on us.

The ref was awful, and they are most certainly not the best team we have played this season, that's my opinion having watched the game.

Also can people please get the distinction between a geordie and someone from Teeside, its like calling someone from Derby a Brummie.

Or from Walsall !!!

:twisted: :twisted:

Guest Saddler

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Stu wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:yes but my opinion is my own from watching the game, not from what other people have told me

So does that automatically mean my opinion is wrong then?

I've heard 3 different folks, one is Daz, one is someone who doesn't post on UTS and one is WM. They've all said fairly similar and they were there at the match like you.

I know that WM aren't really that different to my own views when I watch a match, so I've an element of trust in what they say. Sometimes I disagree with Daz's viewpoints, sometimes not, and I often agree with the other fella. So therefore I'm inclined to take a bit of trust in their judgement, thats reasonable isn't it?

I've seen enough matches, both home and away, to know how we play, what style we play and what our tactics are like. You put that together with someone else's opinion, who was there and whom you trust, and I think its fair that your then allowed to have an opinion.

Or are you going to do what you were doing the other week, and say that I'm not allowed to have an opinion without being told I'm wrong? Which is what you said the other week and you said was why you didn't post as often on the All About Walsall forum. Basically, if I disagree with your opinion, I'm wrong. Thats what your trying to say, espeically as I wasn't there.

If I'd seen it with my own eyes and still disagreed, would I still be wrong?

Kiansmom - I totally agree - this one in particular notched up a massive 100% on the Drivelometer :?

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:24 pm

Stu wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:I give up! Obviously there's no pint going to watch any more Hartleppol are brilliant so goes without saying they will win this league, my team are no good the manager doesn't buy players just for the sake of it. Can't read this drivel anymore UTS

adios all it's been fun

Talk about an over-reaction... Someone doesn't share your opinion and its a load of drivel that you can't read anymore... Exactly what you criticised others for last week, when folk were talking attendances with Sid.

Its not an over reaction actually, i underdstand exactly how Linda is feeling, you lot dont accept others opinions unless they agree with your own! You critises people with what they say! Not fair, like you said stu everyone has there own opinions, jus so happens, people who didnt go to the game, have different opinions on the game to those that did go, with the exception of few who are so blinded by the so- called good or bad performnces of players!!

So i for one do not want Linda to stop posting on the board, just over this! is so silly, petty little arguments the last few weeks just because we are slipping up a little bit in our performances!, WHAT IS THE fudge POINT!

dinkydotsaddler
UTS Regular

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Here here!!! I have been saying for a while that Bonser was behind the lack of signings. Lee, Merson and Money have all said the same thing, that they have money to spend but will not sign any player that is not better than they already have (or words to that effect). I wonder if the common denominator is Bonser. That they have to say that they have money but maybe the reality is that Bonser will not allow any signings. I for one will not forgive Bonser anything just because we are doing OK this season. Yesterday was not a shock - we have not been performing - too many people are prepared to gloss over the performances by saying we are top of the league - what will these people be saying when we aren't? My worry is that once we lose top spot we will slide into oblivion.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:52 pm

Its blame bonser time :roll:

How you can blame bonser is beyond me, there is money, DD hasnt spent it. Bonsers fault surely.

WFCNIL

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:55 pm

dinkydotsaddler wrote:

Here here!!! I have been saying for a while that Bonser was behind the lack of signings. Lee, Merson and Money have all said the same thing, that they have money to spend but will not sign any player that is not better than they already have (or words to that effect). I wonder if the common denominator is Bonser. That they have to say that they have money but maybe the reality is that Bonser will not allow any signings. I for one will not forgive Bonser anything just because we are doing OK this season. Yesterday was not a shock - we have not been performing - too many people are prepared to gloss over the performances by saying we are top of the league - what will these people be saying when we aren't? My worry is that once we lose top spot we will slide into oblivion.

I do respect your right to have an opinion and to voice it on here but "OBLIVION" :shock: :shock:

Look at the league now and at the end of the season when it realy matters. There is so farrrrrrrrrr to go and loads of points to win or loose. We will loose again before the end of the season and we will win more though for sure.

Ps
When we do get promotion I hope you Bonser critics will applaud our chairman :wink:
Oh forgot it will be the team and manager then who gets the plaudits :lol:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:05 pm

Kiansmom wrote:

They beat the league leaders 3 - 1, yes thats THREE - one.

Had countless attacks, swarmed all over us, were solid in defence, produced great set pieces, great wing play, full backs bombed forward - Humphries was amazing. Barker won headers, monkhouse ran at us and played accross the park, Brown ran at us all game, they were brilliant, and deserved the win.

Agree Daz, they where the best team we have played this season by along way. As you say solid all over the park. Their winger killed out full backs and Humphries is something we lack, a player who can go forward and pass a ball

Who would you say is the best team we have played this season Kiansmom then ?

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:20 pm

Saddler4Life wrote:[
Its not an over reaction actually, i underdstand exactly how Linda is feeling, you lot dont accept others opinions unless they agree with your own! You critises people with what they say! Not fair, like you said stu everyone has there own opinions, jus so happens, people who didnt go to the game, have different opinions on the game to those that did go, with the exception of few who are so blinded by the so- called good or bad performnces of players!!

Rach, I'd agree with you, if she wasn't doing exactly the same thing in completely dismissing my opinion just because I didn't see it, completely ignoring the fact that its based on the views of 3 different people, none of whom know each other, who were at the game.

Its the hypocrisy that made me get my goat up. The opinion being that what i was saying was completely wrong and dismissing that. Its hypocritical.

Everyone should have an opinion, and everyone can argue that opinion, but its never wrong. Not once did I say her opinion was wrong.

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season