Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hartlepool United (a) League Saturday 10/2/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
ws3
Glitterati

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:16 pm

Just to clarify, it says ws3 wrote and i didn't.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:17 pm

Stu wrote:
ws3 wrote:
Stu wrote:Not so much doom and gloom, but the pressure is increasing and a new face or two to freshen things up would not hurt anyone right now. Suddenly we're under some real pressure for Friday's match at home to Lincoln.

But DD thinks that this team is capable. I am not sure I do.

Don't take everything he says as gospel, he isn't going to come out and say "this team isn't good enough to get over the finish line, I'll bring in a couple of new faces to make sure" as thats just kicking them in the knackers.

If he isn't looking for new players, I'll be very surprised and very disappointed.

I hope you are right Stu , because thats exactly whats needed .

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:21 pm

ws3 wrote:Just to clarify, it says ws3 wrote and i didn't.

When futuresobright posted it showed itself as his post, hence my reply. Sorry if you've been offended WS3, didn't realise it was being made out as your comment. I know you wouldn't have put all that!!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:23 pm

We now no longer have the highest points total in the football league (the 4 pro divisions that is) thanks to Man Ure's win. :cry:

ws3
Glitterati

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:26 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
ws3 wrote:Just to clarify, it says ws3 wrote and i didn't.

When futuresobright posted it showed itself as his post, hence my reply. Sorry if you've been offended WS3, didn't realise it was being made out as your comment. I know you wouldn't have put all that!!

No offence taken. I just don't want my his posts acredited to me.

I know how vicious you lot can be. :D

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:28 pm

Biggest surprise for me was Ishy coming on in a game where we needed to keep it tight and absorb pressure. I wouldn't have thought Ishy was the man, but will be interested to hear later on from those who were there. Did he add anything of an outlet? Didn't sound like it on Saddlers World/WM.

Deeply disappointing in the end. I had expected a defeat, was prepared for a defeat, but with 2-3 minutes to go and still level, I had totted up a valuable point in my mind, and to have it snatched away - especially 3-1 - which seems a bit cruel.

Also particularly disappointing that the first two were conceded from set pieces, AGAIN ! Same against Rochdale last week, it's getting to be a habit, and we concede far too many needless free-kicks around the box.

Agree entirely about Kinsella, we have lost something on AND off the pitch since he left, and I am certainly disapppointed that the obvious midfield weakness has not been addressed in January. Just hope DD has his eye on a loan signing, or I fear we could drop behind our rivals who are in better form. The top five are getting more and more closely-bunched week on week and we desperately need to get the quality back into our game or there is a very real danger that we shall end up in the play-offs and maybe end up disappointed at the death. That would be tragic after leading the table for so long.

London Saddler

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:36 pm

The only surprise today was how late Hartlepool left it. Considering their form recently and considering how poor we have been since early December, i thought this was a home banker. In fact i had a flutter on Hartlepool and actually increased it when i heard our team sheet

Listening to the commentary, everything sounded familar. Up front, Butler the only goal threat and apart from the goal, the Hartlepool goalie hardly had a save to make as we created virtually nothing. In midfield, outfought and out played. Unfortunately, our brilliant defense for most of the season are now buckling under the pressure of (1) having to defend most of the game due to the midfield and (2) knowing that we are unlikely to create many chances or goals so if they concede we have have it. Only attacking threat from midfield seemed to come from Wright. And sounded as if our left hand side was ripped to shreds. Like i said, all very familiar

The biggest worry is that i think we will be top for a few more weeks before letting the others overtake us and in the end will end up doing a Wycombe and scraping into the play offs. From my experience, when push comes to shove, the team that keeps it tight at the back but struggles to score goals usually loses out in a promotion battle to a team that maybe concedes a few but has no problems in creating and scoring goals. And from my experience, the team that looks like all season that it will get automatic promotion but ends up in the play offs usually does not get promotion. Wheras a team that stages a great late run and comes from nowhere to get into the play offs usually ends up winning them

Another big worry is that whilst most of our rivals have got stronger in the transfer window,(e.g. Hartlepool with Barker) we have actually got weaker. We have let the 2nd best striker at the club leave (Constable) and we have not signed the creative midfielder we needed. Promotion was not won and lost today. But who is confident that we can get something at the likes of MK or Swindon? My biggest worry is that i can see the likes of Chester and Barnet come to Bescot and put 11 men behind the ball and get results like Rochdale and Boston easily did

Someone posted (I think it was Dave Roe) in last few weeks exactly what i have been thinking since early December. I think we have been found out and teams know how to play against us and have worked us out

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:53 pm

We were beaten by a good side today , a side bang on form .
Whats more worring for me is our failure in recent weeks to beat teams such as Boston and Rochdale at home . that puts more pressure on games such as today .
Lincoln at home . Stockport away are now must win games . it will be interesting to hear the the views of fans who travelled today , listening to the radio there appeared an improvement performance wise , but again we gave the ball away at vital times and far to many free kicks.
I just hope this a wake up call , a kick up the backside .

onwards and upwards

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:19 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:We were beaten by a good side today , a side bang on form .
Whats more worring for me is our failure in recent weeks to beat teams such as Boston and Rochdale at home . that puts more pressure on games such as today .
Lincoln at home . Stockport away are now must win games . it will be interesting to hear the the views of fans who travelled today , listening to the radio there appeared an improvement performance wise , but again we gave the ball away at vital times and far to many free kicks.
I just hope this a wake up call , a kick up the backside .

onwards and upwards

We had those wake up calls at Mansfield and at home to Boston and Rochdale Dave, but what happened? Little or no response apparently, and DD's comments on WM tonight didn't strike me as those of someone who exactly knows the problems or has the answers up his sleeve and under control.

As other have said before though, he is probably reluctant to come out and be totally honest in public in case it has the wrong effect on the players. I agree with that view, but wish I knew what he has in mind that will get us back to earlier levels of performance.

Two points from the last four games, and two of those at home against poor/lowly opponents, is very discouraging to us fans and each week the top few are getting more bunched up behind us and ready to take over at the top.

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:29 pm

The last 12 results have been Won 4, Drawn 5 Lost 3 Points 17. I think most people watching WFC during that time will agree that those results are a fair reflection of how they played.

They have gained 1.41 points per game over the last 12 matches. This is far too long a bad run to be called a blip.

Looking at the league table it is easy to work out that our recent form is the about the same as the average so far this season of the teams in mid table.

There are now five teams chasing the three automatic promotion places. It must be very unlikely that Walsall would finish in the top three if they carry on playing like this.

PT
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Intersting stats Bernie and that absolutely reflects how we have played over those games.

During that time we have also gone out of the FA cup to macclesfield which in itself compounds that what he have is a statistically viable form guide. That form is poor to say the least and it is getting worse.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:47 pm

What's all this?

Hold the nerve chaps, a few minor setbacks are always to be expected. Let's roll over Lincoln and steady the ship!

Any deserters, defeatists and stragglers will be executed forthwith!

WSOne
UTS Regular

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:15 pm

London Saddler wrote:The only surprise today was how late Hartlepool left it. Considering their form recently and considering how poor we have been since early December, i thought this was a home banker. In fact i had a flutter on Hartlepool and actually increased it when i heard our team sheet

Listening to the commentary, everything sounded familar. Up front, Butler the only goal threat and apart from the goal, the Hartlepool goalie hardly had a save to make as we created virtually nothing. In midfield, outfought and out played. Unfortunately, our brilliant defense for most of the season are now buckling under the pressure of (1) having to defend most of the game due to the midfield and (2) knowing that we are unlikely to create many chances or goals so if they concede we have have it. Only attacking threat from midfield seemed to come from Wright. And sounded as if our left hand side was ripped to shreds. Like i said, all very familiar

The biggest worry is that i think we will be top for a few more weeks before letting the others overtake us and in the end will end up doing a Wycombe and scraping into the play offs. From my experience, when push comes to shove, the team that keeps it tight at the back but struggles to score goals usually loses out in a promotion battle to a team that maybe concedes a few but has no problems in creating and scoring goals. And from my experience, the team that looks like all season that it will get automatic promotion but ends up in the play offs usually does not get promotion. Wheras a team that stages a great late run and comes from nowhere to get into the play offs usually ends up winning them

Another big worry is that whilst most of our rivals have got stronger in the transfer window,(e.g. Hartlepool with Barker) we have actually got weaker. We have let the 2nd best striker at the club leave (Constable) and we have not signed the creative midfielder we needed. Promotion was not won and lost today. But who is confident that we can get something at the likes of MK or Swindon? My biggest worry is that i can see the likes of Chester and Barnet come to Bescot and put 11 men behind the ball and get results like Rochdale and Boston easily did

Someone posted (I think it was Dave Roe) in last few weeks exactly what i have been thinking since early December. I think we have been found out and teams know how to play against us and have worked us out

I agree with every word.

Not surprised to see Barker get on the scoresheet as well. I remember the thread about DD turning down the chance to sign him along with Knight. I argued we should have taken him (proven goalscorer, one of the best strikers in the division) but many disagreed. I wonder if the posters I am referring to still feel the same...

:roll:

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Bernie wrote:The last 12 results have been Won 4, Drawn 5 Lost 3 Points 17. I think most people watching WFC during that time will agree that those results are a fair reflection of how they played.

They have gained 1.41 points per game over the last 12 matches. This is far too long a bad run to be called a blip.

Looking at the league table it is easy to work out that our recent form is the about the same as the average so far this season of the teams in mid table.

There are now five teams chasing the three automatic promotion places. It must be very unlikely that Walsall would finish in the top three if they carry on playing like this.

Just to pursue this thought, although I have also written it on another thread. We have 14 games left, so continuing our 'blip' form gives us 84 points come the end of the season. Looking back over previous years, that is enough for third place the vast majority of the time. OK, so scraping over the line is not ideal, but promotion is the goal and I would take it any which way it comes.

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:32 pm

Registered Saddler wrote:Just to pursue this thought, although I have also written it on another thread. We have 14 games left, so continuing our 'blip' form gives us 84 points come the end of the season. Looking back over previous years, that is enough for third place the vast majority of the time. OK, so scraping over the line is not ideal, but promotion is the goal and I would take it any which way it comes.

I hope you are right but if the four teams below us keep up the same average points per game that they have managed over the season so far they will gain:

Swindon 89
Hartlepool 87
MK Dons 86
Lincoln 85

and if Walsall continue their form over the last 12 matches we would come 5th with 84 points.

Obviously we would be very unlucky to gain 84 points and not get automatic promotion, but my point is that we cannot assume that we will get promotion if we carry on as we have been playing.

redsaddler
UTS Regular

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:39 pm

I'm not sure 84 points will be enough for automatic promotion.

Yes, in recent seasons it has generally been good enough, but it is so competitive this year.

I think we need another 7 (maybe 8!) wins to secure automatic promotion this year.

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:41 pm

Hmm, yeah, it's an interesting promotion race if you're a neutral, not so fun being involved in it! I'm looking for the been there, seen it, done it brigade (Keates, Roper, Butler, Ince, Westwood) to grab this team by the scruff of the neck and pull us through showing some spirit in (minor) adversity. I can't make up my mind whether we've been nervy or complacent in recent weeks, but I'm sure that a clean sheet or two and back-to-back wins from somewhere will set us back on track again. Then again, I am an optimist.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Oh shite! We all expected to lose, but at 1-1 with 5 minutes left you expect a team gunning for the championship to hold on for a valuable point away from home.

I still dont understand DD. Why did he decide to "attack" away from home and change things at 1-1??? A point at Hartlepool would have kept them 6 points behind and made it difficult for them to catch us now is gamble has backfired and Hartlepool are just 3 points behind now and IMHO will now go on to win the championship.

We have been shocking since the win at Peterboro and its more signs that we will bottle it. I for one will settle for 3rd at this moment in time.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:46 pm

Just got back in, had 4 or so hours to stew over the game and still cant calm down.

A combination of strange tactics, lack of creativity and an absolutely shocking performance by the ref, concluded in our defeat.

Ince - Looked very dodgy on crosses, strange for him.

Pead - Played well i thought, defended well.
Westwood - first half was superb, but lost it second half i thought.
Dann - played well through out - what we have come to expect.
Fox - struggled all game against sweeney ? their right winger.

Wright - whats the point?
Dobson - a CAPTAINS performance, those who say he cant pass...should have been there today, he was everywhere, brilliant.
Keates - ran around but did nothing again.
Bedeau - Kept the shape and gave us width first half, but nothing special.

Cederqvist - looked good again first half I thought, but this lack of service to his feet is becoming a big big problem, did well defensively with some strogn headers as well, to note.
Butler - great finish, and worked hard, there was clear shirt pull on him in lead up to their free kick for their effective winner.

Subs:

Ishmel : Dross.
Sam: was excellent, showed willing and some great touches.

All in all, we fail time and time again with the final ball, I am not singling him out today, but mark wrights, as well as kris taylors, bedeau and ishmels crossing, was absolutely gobsmackingly awful, we have 2 strikers who are good in the air, and we cant cross - recipe for disaster.

OH well, suppose were still top tho!

sj
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Picken--- he will save us, he is the ace to be played

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:21 pm

Well I've been and seen and from what I saw this performance was not what a lot of you seem to think. My view: Excellent start, great touch by Dann on the edge of their box to put Butler in for our goal which he finished well. I had been expecting something different from Hartlepool but despite their pressure created very little, their main threat was as a result of their right winger consistantly beating Fox who by the way got very little defensive support from Bedeau, met with the usual DD defensive tactics. Every man behind the ball and outnumbering the opposition in the last third of the pitch. Most of their attacks came from the wing and their forwards showed a lot of confidence with some neat interpassing which lacked any real quality, a little over elaborate and the end result the predictable 4th division standard. What was different in this game was the performance of Dobson in midfield showing the kind of form he first displayed back in September. Butler and Per worked hard with the little service they got but as the half drew to a close Cedertree looked less likely to actually score. Scott Dann and Westwood were their usual standard but unfortunately too much was going wrong with Pead and Fox consistantly being beaten. Many people often single out Wright for his weak challenges but Pead succeeded in out wimping him time after time. I have to mention the referee who was the biggest homer I have seen this season, time after time he awarded fouls and delivered yellow cards and lectures for what would seem to be harmless challenges yet the one time he decided to speak to one of their players in the first half was when Fox was upended by an ugly challenge and the ball spun out for a throw in to Walsall. As the players gathered around the prostrate Fox I fully expected a yellow card to be shown to the midfielder who had chopped down Fox but after realising that the player he was talking to was wearing a blue shirt the referee did the only thing he was going to do all afternoon and waved him away so that he could do it again in the second half. I felt that we could possibly go on and beat them in the second half if we attacked them or at least kept possession without resorting to boot it anywhere tactics.
Second half started with Taylor coming on for Bedeau which I thought would help Fox defensively but all that happened was that we decided to sit deeper with the midfield hovering around our penalty area. Their equaliser arrived as a result of players not clearing the ball but attempting to casually wander out of defence assuming Hartlepool would stand back and admire our not so slick play. Two corners and one unmarked mutant having a free header resulted in their equaliser.
Never mind we thought, we can still sneak a win if only we could stop wasting our possession and deliver a decent pass/cross. The substitution of Per for Hector Sam was not before time and he created a number of opportunities, why he doesn't start ahead of Per only DD can answer.
5 minutes from time came the defining moment of the game, Asbo, who had come on for Wright, was presented with an open goal by Sam who had beaten the goalkeeper on the righthand side of the box and squared it to Asbo who only had to place his shot and miss the defender on the line to score what would have been the winner, he didn't, he did what I might have done, leaned back and drove the ball over the bar into the back of the stand. I've got an excuse, he hasn't - just get the ball on target!
Can't say what happened for their goal, whether it was a free kick or not, I'd stopped bothering to protest at the numerous freekicks and decisions given in favour of men in blue shirts. The free kick was just outside our box and was tapped to one side and driven into the top corner despite Ince getting his hands to it. Their last goal could have been offside but who cares when Hartlepool have won their cup final. I'm surprised that they havn't been beaten for 14 games and I expect them to come unstuck at Macclesfield :shock:
A lot of people show an unhealthy interest in the pubs and food at the ground, well the pub I attended, The Pool, sold beer stunk of fags and the poison burgers were just that, my son actually bought one at the ground but on examining the contents returned it to the kiosk, money was eventually returned after great discussion with the proprietors who were surprised at the rejection of their culinary skills and the best suggestion that they could micro wave it again!
Todays crap players:- Pead and Fox again - terrible, Keats - needs micro waving, Bedeau - bye bye, Cederqvist looks rubbish and Man of the match - Dobson[well done despite my previous slagging offs]
I suppose the only consolation I can draw is that I don't have to live there, it makes Cannock look posh.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:23 pm

Cully wrote:Well I've been and seen and from what I saw this performance was not what a lot of you seem to think. My view: Excellent start, great touch by Dann on the edge of their box to put Butler in for our goal which he finished well. I had been expecting something different from Hartlepool but despite their pressure created very little, their main threat was as a result of their right winger consistantly beating Fox who by the way got very little defensive support from Bedeau, met with the usual DD defensive tactics. Every man behind the ball and outnumbering the opposition in the last third of the pitch. Most of their attacks came from the wing and their forwards showed a lot of confidence with some neat interpassing which lacked any real quality, a little over elaborate and the end result the predictable 4th division standard. What was different in this game was the performance of Dobson in midfield showing the kind of form he first displayed back in September. Butler and Per worked hard with the little service they got but as the half drew to a close Cedertree looked less likely to actually score. Scott Dann and Westwood were their usual standard but unfortunately too much was going wrong with Pead and Fox consistantly being beaten. Many people often single out Wright for his weak challenges but Pead succeeded in out wimping him time after time. I have to mention the referee who was the biggest homer I have seen this season, time after time he awarded fouls and delivered yellow cards and lectures for what would seem to be harmless challenges yet the one time he decided to speak to one of their players in the first half was when Fox was upended by an ugly challenge and the ball spun out for a throw in to Walsall. As the players gathered around the prostrate Fox I fully expected a yellow card to be shown to the midfielder who had chopped down Fox but after realising that the player he was talking to was wearing a blue shirt the referee did the only thing he was going to do all afternoon and waved him away so that he could do it again in the second half. I felt that we could possibly go on and beat them in the second half if we attacked them or at least kept possession without resorting to boot it anywhere tactics.
Second half started with Taylor coming on for Bedeau which I thought would help Fox defensively but all that happened was that we decided to sit deeper with the midfield hovering around our penalty area. Their equaliser arrived as a result of players not clearing the ball but attempting to casually wander out of defence assuming Hartlepool would stand back and admire our not so slick play. Two corners and one unmarked mutant having a free header resulted in their equaliser.
Never mind we thought, we can still sneak a win if only we could stop wasting our possession and deliver a decent pass/cross. The substitution of Per for Hector Sam was not before time and he created a number of opportunities, why he doesn't start ahead of Per only DD can answer.
5 minutes from time came the defining moment of the game, Asbo, who had come on for Wright, was presented with an open goal by Sam who had beaten the goalkeeper on the righthand side of the box and squared it to Asbo who only had to place his shot and miss the defender on the line to score what would have been the winner, he didn't, he did what I might have done, leaned back and drove the ball over the bar into the back of the stand. I've got an excuse, he hasn't - just get the ball on target!
Can't say what happened for their goal, whether it was a free kick or not, I'd stopped bothering to protest at the numerous freekicks and decisions given in favour of men in blue shirts. The free kick was just outside our box and was tapped to one side and driven into the top corner despite Ince getting his hands to it. Their last goal could have been offside but who cares when Hartlepool have won their cup final. I'm surprised that they havn't been beaten for 14 games and I expect them to come unstuck at Macclesfield :shock:
A lot of people show an unhealthy interest in the pubs and food at the ground, well the pub I attended, The Pool, sold beer stunk of fags and the poison burgers were just that, my son actually bought one at the ground but on examining the contents returned it to the kiosk, money was eventually returned after great discussion with the proprietors who were surprised at the rejection of their culinary skills and the best suggestion that they could micro wave it again!
Todays crap players:- Pead and Fox again - terrible, Keats - needs micro waving, Bedeau - bye bye, Cederqvist looks rubbish and Man of the match - Dobson[well done despite my previous slagging offs]
I suppose the only consolation I can draw is that I don't have to live there, it makes Cannock look posh.

Im sure theres something called paragraphs??

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:33 pm

[quote="Cully"]Well I've been and seen and from what I saw this performance was not what a lot of you seem to think. My view: Excellent start, great touch by Dann on the edge of their box to put Butler in for our goal which he finished well. I had been expecting something different from Hartlepool but despite their pressure created very little, their main threat was as a result of their right winger consistantly beating Fox who by the way got very little defensive support from Bedeau, met with the usual DD defensive tactics. Every man behind the ball and outnumbering the opposition in the last third of the pitch. Most of their attacks came from the wing and their forwards showed a lot of confidence with some neat interpassing which lacked any real quality, a little over elaborate and the end result the predictable 4th division standard. What was different in this game was the performance of Dobson in midfield showing the kind of form he first displayed back in September. Butler and Per worked hard with the little service they got but as the half drew to a close Cedertree looked less likely to actually score. Scott Dann and Westwood were their usual standard but unfortunately too much was going wrong with Pead and Fox consistantly being beaten. Many people often single out Wright for his weak challenges but Pead succeeded in out wimping him time after time. I have to mention the referee who was the biggest homer I have seen this season, time after time he awarded fouls and delivered yellow cards and lectures for what would seem to be harmless challenges yet the one time he decided to speak to one of their players in the first half was when Fox was upended by an ugly challenge and the ball spun out for a throw in to Walsall. As the players gathered around the prostrate Fox I fully expected a yellow card to be shown to the midfielder who had chopped down Fox but after realising that the player he was talking to was wearing a blue shirt the referee did the only thing he was going to do all afternoon and waved him away so that he could do it again in the second half. I felt that we could possibly go on and beat them in the second half if we attacked them or at least kept possession without resorting to boot it anywhere tactics.
I suppose the only consolation I can draw is that I don't have to live there, it makes Cannock look posh.[/quote]

And monkeys never got hung in Cannock.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:36 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:Im sure theres something called paragraphs??

Feel free to add some unless it's a new disease.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Cully wrote:

It's certainly not in the pantheon of venereal diseases.....

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:00 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:

It's certainly not in the pantheon of venereal diseases.....

Wasn't that Frankie Howard in the Pantheon with Venerea L'Disease or have I got the wrong end of the stick ooh aah missus?

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:05 pm

Stu wrote:Can't complain about the result by the sounds of it, they've been the better team showing more intent throughout.

We've not really had a clear chance apart from the goal by the sounds of it.

3-1...........

how wrong you are! just goes to show how different watching a match is compared to listening to it.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:17 am

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Wright - whats the point?

Same Mark Wright that the Pools fan reckons was our best/most dangerous player, and was quite please to be subbed.

"I thought the guy who played right midfield had a great game...........name? I was very happy when he got subbed."

WM gave very different points, said Wright was very good and Fox was MOTM.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:34 am

Kiansmom wrote:
Stu wrote:Can't complain about the result by the sounds of it, they've been the better team showing more intent throughout.

3-1...........

how wrong you are! just goes to show how different watching a match is compared to listening to it.

To be honest, I've spoke to 2 people at the match who said that the better of the two teams won... Note I didn't say we played poorly, as neither WM nor the folk I spoke to said we did, they both said we played okay, however we didn't play as well as Pools.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:39 am

Stu wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:

3-1...........

To be honest, I've spoke to 2 people at the match who said that the better of the two teams won... Note I didn't say we played poorly, as neither WM nor the folk I spoke to said we did, they both said we played okay, however we didn't play as well as Pools.

so they would have told you about the clear chance when Ishy missed and open goal?

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season