Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury (H) League - Boxing Day

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:16 pm

Spot on shrops saddler, I think, andi dont mean to be harsh, but non football playing or understanding people dont understand what Dobsons role is. By no means amazing, but was as good as anyone else, the people who critcise him havent got a clue.

I sat in the 2nd half with bewilderment about some of the comments put forward by these blithering idiots in the area next to me. Apparently butler was 'the worst striker ive ever seen' and he'never passes the ball forwards' - (bearing in mind of course he was the lone striker and many of these said incidents occured 40 yards from goal)

Some people just dont get it.

dannyv

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:23 pm

ShropsSaddler wrote:Geoff - spot on about the ref. He was looking to send Wright off for something.

Not quite sure what people are expecting from the team. The first half was not "unbelievably poor", it was a typical close local derby match with plenty of commitment but little composure. But we more than held our own and showed we could battle.

Second half, down to ten men, we would surely have been more than happy to take a point? Instead, Mr Money got his tactics spot on by bringing the energy of Pead into midfield and we played some superb football at times. I thought we deserved to win by 2 or 3 clear goals and we frustrated Shrewsbury to such an extent that their own fans were booing them! A perfect job done by a team who showed all the characteristics of a promotion-winning side.

Player by player;

Ince - superb as usual, The benefits of having a tall goalkeeper claiming the ball in the air are plain for all to see
Westwood - superb
Taylor - superb, some poor distribution first half but some excellent attacking play 2nd half and some solid defending
Roper and Dann - put up with all sorts of challenges from the Shrews front two, who lead with elbows more often than not
Bedeau - can't justify his inclusion at all, he was poor.
Wright - some frustrating moments but also some excellent attacking play and, despite the fact that he rarely tackles, some superb chasing after the man in possession in the 2nd half
Dobson - all these people who criticise, WATCH what his role is in the game. He's the defensive midfielder who's there to break up the opposition's play. He did it superbly today Not spectacular, no surging runs forward, just a brilliant defensive midfield display.
Fox - now I've been is biggest critic and I admit I don't like him.....but I have to eat my words this evening. I thought he was our best player first half and he played really well 2nd half as well. Showed some real passion in some of his challenges. Again, how ANYONE can criticise him today I do not know.
T Wright - hadn't done much, didn't deserve to be sent off from what I could see
Butler - an absolutely amazing display of running, graft, cunning etc etc. I only wish he'd got a goal, he deserved it.
Pead - fantastic! An inspired sub and, as someone else said, must deserve a chance to start soon.

Look at the facts, we were down to 10 men for an hour of the match, we were playing a Shrewsbury team who are no mugs......and yet we won, deserved to win, made Shrewsbury look very poor and remain top of the league.

Roll on Saturday......

"Dobson - all these people who criticise, WATCH what his role is in the game. He's the defensive midfielder who's there to break up the opposition's play. He did it superbly today Not spectacular, no surging runs forward, just a brilliant defensive midfield display"

Thank God !!!

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:Just to add another positive note, should another 6000+ gate descend on Bescot on Saturday it will be the first time since 1961 that we have achieved that for 3 successive home games in the League's bottom division.

Although futuresobright will probably claim the increasing numbers are really only there to protest at the terrible season we're having ! :lol:

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:28 pm

An excellent, battling three points today - very satisfying, especially given the opposition. Shrewsbury could have been playing against 0 men, let alone 10, and they would still have struggled to score, but we had to work hard to get the win.

We were very poor in midfield in the first half, yet again, and you could have taken off any of the four of them - Bedeau probably shaded Fox as the worst of all (I don't know how long I've seen him actually on the field of play - probably not much more than two or three hours - but I honestly can't remember him ever beating a man, or putting a cross in - Westwood did both of those far more frequently than Bedeau in the first half, and he's a centre back playing at full back). Bringing Pead on made a world of difference, he's a far, far better central midfielder than Fox, and it allowed Wright to move to his correct position where he played quite well, and also seemed to make a difference to Dobson, with him playing much better alongside Pead than he had with Fox (who was also vastly improved in the second half, when back to being wide on the left).

Butler was outstanding, particularly after the sending off - as ever, he chased everything, but it was so good to see him hold the ball up so well, sometimes against four Salop defenders at one time, and allow our midfield to catch up.

We were by far the better team, again the defending was very good (with "man of the match" Taylor the only one who made a few mistakes, but he made up for that with his excellent play which set up our goal).

The ref couldn't wait to send Tommy Wright off. Without the benefit of a replay it's difficult to say much, but to the naked eye it looked like a foul by Wright but the defender's reaction made it look far worse than it was. I really don't think it's a good idea having Premiership refs slumming it in the lower divisions on their days off from the top flight - now they're professional referees, they get paid more and are more well-known than any of the players in a division like ours, and so the temptation must always be to make themselves the centre of attention. There's a hint of arrogance about them which is beyond irritating.

Stourbridge_Andy

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Totally agree Shrops

Shrews were very physical in the first half and threw the kitchen sink at us - but we battled through despite the unbelievably harsh sending off.

We struggled with 10 men initially but DD's tactical changes worked superbly - one of the best performances from Pead for a long time that transformed the game. As others have said - start him in midfield. We could have had a hatful of goals. I thought Wrighty had a decent game - apart from the goal he seems to be starting to beat his man and putting over a few decent crosses at last. Dobson as well - did his job as a ball winning midfielder. We do need to bring in someone more creative though.

Overall a performance of immense character and determination - as you say the hallmark of a promotion winning side.

Don't see why anyone would be negative about today

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:37 pm

BTW - I consider that we are now in a position of safety (52 points) and hope we can now look to being in the top half come the end of the season :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShropsSaddler
Glitterati

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Well thank goodness some sense has returned to this board!! :D I was beginning to think we'd lost badly and were now bottom of the league!

Sorry Bristol, can't agree with your assessment of Fox on this occasion. As I say, I'm one of his biggest critics but I thought he had a superb game today.

Metfan - couldn't agree more about some of those comments made in the crowd. Someone by me blamed M Wright for EVERYTHING! A pass put astry by Taylor? "Come on Wright, don't just stand there"!! A header wide by Butler? "Where were you Wright?"!!

And, without labouring the point, the comments about Dobson..."hardly noticed him", "doesn't get forward at all"....duhhhhh!!!

As for the comment about the midfield playing too deep 2nd half, I admit I thought the same at one point....in fact Mr Money was instructing them to sit deep on the basis that Salop hadn't got a clue how to break us down if we did that....which resulted in the frustration amongst their fans and the long hoofball tactics of the team as we formed a solid line in front of them....Mr Money got his tactics spot on.

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:45 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:
We already have some new blood in Cederqvist and Lyall both of whom are available from next Monday.

Point of order Mr Chairman;

According to DD, although the transfer window opens on Jan 1st in theory, in practice it doesn't because Dec 31st falls on a Sunday and the FA/Football League can't be arsed to come into the office to accept player registrations.

New players will therefore only be able to play from Jan 2nd - assuming the registration doesn't get lost in the post/fax machine/ether etc.

Maverick
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:49 pm

What a pleasure to watch the woeful sloppies trying to break down our defence late on,in my opinion made so much easier by the fantastic handling and collecting of our Immense Clayton Ince.Great result.

UTS

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:14 pm

an excellent result for us today,

first half was a bit iffy, but what a second half! M.Wright won a header!!!!! Butler ran his socks off again, Fox and Taylor were up for it.only a couple of critisms a few wild hoofs by Roper and Dobson doesn't seem to realise yet we play in red!!

Pead what can I say? Immense I think (see it's not just his body I like him for :oops: )

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:31 pm

I thought Peads second half play was the best attacking midfield performance I have seen in a long time. He was actually breaking the defensive line with his runs :shock: and the Sloppies were frightened to death of him. Not only did he get the ball at pace he also took men on, beat them inside or out and got crosses in. this was exactly what was required , whether with 10 or 11 men , support for Butler from midfield. He did not do this at the expense of his tackling duties because his runs were pushing their midfielders back.

Start with Pead DD and let him get forward.
You know it makes sense :wink:

UTS

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:14 pm

What a great game!

I was literally dancing for joy behind the goal when we scored and making a complete tit of myself. Brilliant!

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:20 pm

I particularly enjoyed the three loud "oohs" as three quick shots were all blocked. :lol:

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:23 pm

dornansog wrote:I particularly enjoyed the three loud "oohs" as three quick shots were all blocked. :lol:

Yeah - it was like bonfire night :lol:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:31 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:What a great game!

I was literally dancing for joy behind the goal when we scored and making a complete *** of myself. Brilliant!

Absolutely understandable SS, we were the same up in the Text stand.

It was that feeling of total satisfaction that we'd scored against the odds and DESPITE the efforts of Andy Durso - such elation when that happens, you just can't help it, the joy, it's like an explosion ! :D

gray
Glitterati

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:44 pm

dornansog wrote:I particularly enjoyed the three loud "oohs" as three quick shots were all blocked. :lol:

hahahahah yes!! i liked that too!

sat up in the clouds today in the 2nd to last row in the top left corner of upper floors to go, first time i've been that high at bescot it was very weird but didnt really want to go in the lower as my mum and sister both came with me for their first ever football games. They weren't dissapointed.

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:51 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
It was that feeling of total satisfaction that we'd scored against the odds and DESPITE the efforts of Andy Durso - such elation when that happens, you just can't help it, the joy, it's like an explosion ! :D

Did you go to the game or to a lap dancing club, Geoff?

coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, That was funny..Just waiting for the net to shatter after the 2nd shot..but no another ohhh :lol:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:04 pm

Right then this is my viewy mcview

After reading all these reports from people at the match I can honestly say in the first half I only thought we were poor from the time Wright was sent off to half time. This was to be expected though wasnt it? Were always going to be kack with one man down and no thorough tactical reorganisation...

The tempo was better today and I dont think anyone had a rank bad game (even Bedeau or Dobson whove had justified abuse over the last few games) Cant really comment on the sending off as im in the peasant stand but got a text saying "never a red card" so im happy to trust that.

Half time...

Pead comes on and takes the running burden from Butler and it showed we moved the ball around better and I was happy and then of course the goal came from the man whos been shite recently SUPER MARKY WRIGHT you boys know I love him but he was back to something approaching the best of him this season.

Defensively I thought we were sound but I think Dann was a wee bit poorer than his usual self today (and the last few games)

Ince - Good catches, no amazing saves though. Needs to stop slicing at his drop kicks though.
Westy - Linked well with Wright and for most of the game was sound
Dann/Roper - Solid and composed especially when LFW came on and the physical threat was upped.
Taylor - Played OK but no more, MOTM was a wind up methinks.
Wright - Hasnt got a physical presence but when diod a winger ever have that? Scored a great goal (Daz if youd have scored it youd have said that you planned it last wick in San Diego, Valencia or the Ross Ice Shelf) and worked well with Westy who is doing very well at this full back lark imo.
Bedeau - Quiet but after TW sent off faded badly as the substitution would suggest.
Dobson - Played well, some passing was arye but Dann's is aswell and I dont see anyone moaning at the boy wonder. Improving with games.
Fox - Better winger than CM, moved over for the energy and better passing of Pead imo.
Wright, T - Cant really rate him due to his sending off.
Butler - Hes got to score soon, the work he puts in doesnt deserve a three game drought let alone a three month one! When he does get one though, the place will go up.

PS - TOP OF THE LEAGUE BY 4 POINTS AND A WIN AGAINST THE SLOPPIES

Stop moaning and get behind the lads

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:12 pm

We took advantage of our oppositions poor tactics today, which is a credit to Money. I don't understand why they kept 3 at the back when we had a striker sent off - maybe they were just scared of Butler.
Pead came on and without having a massive influence, changed the game. The simple fact that he was making himself available for the ball and putting his foot on it worked wonders. He must start on Saturday. He also allowed Dobson to concentrate on what he is good at (and what I expect he was signed for), to break up play and add steel.
I don't understand the criticism of Fox. I think people just feel uncomfortable because he plays out of position. The truth of the matter is, he uses the ball well without being spectacular, and he will put himself in where it hurts. When he moved over to the left, something fell into place - we didn't look like we were ever going to throw our lead away.
Butler - what can you say? The man is superb. Had we have had someone on the pitch to take some of the workload off him, I'm sure we would have won by more. By the end though, he was choosing which runs to make carefully, and they were very effective.
Dann and Roper were immense. It was only a matter of time before they threw on Leo 'man mountain' Fortune-West, who can't be the easiest forward to deal with, but Roper didn't give him a kick. My only complaint with Dann is that he looks for the spectacular ball far too often. Having said that, if someone in the middle of midfield would make themselves available for the ball 9as osborn used to), he wouldn't feel obliged to do that.
Westwood and Taylor were both excellent. Wright did what he is paid to do. He still frustrates the life out of me when basic control and passing lets him down, but I suppose I can put up with it if he puts balls into the box like the one he did today for the goal. I don't know how anyone can say he meant it though - there may not have been anyone in there to aim for, but it wouldn't make any difference because he always has his head down when he crosses the ball anyway.
Bedeau is another frustrating one. The thing is, I don't think his poor performances are down to lack of ability - they seem to be down to a lack of effort. Whereas Mark Wright tries but often lacks quality, i get the impression Bedeau has quality but just, for some bizarre reason, can't be bothered to use it.
Whatever the case, we need 2 midfielders in January. Money knows this already though, and I trust him to find the right players.

All in all, a good day. As a Walsall fan living in Shrewsbury, it feels great.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:22 pm

Definately a game to be at today! Typically we did our trick of playing two completely different halves of football but a result deserved in the end I feel - Shrewsbury didn't look like scoring at all, particularly second half.

Agree with a lot of what has been said before me, except the criticism of Dobson! :roll:

Ince did well in goal, calm when the ball was played through and plucked crosses out of the air all day without a problem. Only worry was a couple of duff kicks / clearances.

Defence played well overall, with Westwood fantastic again. Ropes and Dann won all they had to although I do agree about their distribution and 1 dimensional tactic of hoofing being a concern. This was more of an issue in the first half as the midfield weren't coming to get the ball and use it, giving them no options, but less of a problem second half. Taylor did okay apart from a few passing howlers first half - he links up a lot better with fox on the left than wright.

Midfield were quiet but not necessarily disasterous first half. Agreed, Bedeau was poor and wright looked uncomfortable on the left hand side but Dobson and Fox did okay in the middle. Fox won a lot of tackles, the problem he has is knowing what to do with the ball when he has won it - a sign of a full back playing in centre midfield. He was much better in second half on the left hand side, Pead came in and gave more creativity (as someone said earlier, he has 'quicker' feet) which also meant Dobson could focus on his roll more, which he did excellently. We defended the back four superbly.

Some may feel that Tommy Wright should only have had a yellow, but he went running at the player and jumped in with two feet so, in some ways, a red card shouldn't be a complete surprise. He should have controlled the ball into him better in the first place - I guess a lot of it was frustration on his part. He'd done okay up to then, some headers won and a couple of headers towards goal from crosses too. And then Martin Butler. What an absolute LEG-END. Runs his socks off all the time, had so much to do for two thirds of the game and just kept going. Won the ball, held it up, brought others into play and did everything other than score a goal. I kept thinking if only we could give him a rest towards the end, but there was no-one on the bench who would have done anywhere near what he was doing, and he just kept on going!

MOM was a surprise to me and others around me - I generally thought, Westwood, Pead, Fox or Butler were ahead of him (even Dobson too, dare i say!!) but all in all a great 3 points, a super spirited display from 10 men and real confidence boost for players and fans after a sticky patch. I just hope that we can start on Saturday as we finished today and with the same line up!! We were such a better team, shape, unit in the second 45.

UTS and roll on the brizzle!! :wink:

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:44 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Some may feel that Tommy Wright should only have had a yellow, but he went running at the player and jumped in with two feet so, in some ways, a red card shouldn't be a complete surprise. He should have controlled the ball into him better in the first place - I guess a lot of it was frustration on his part.

Agree with what you say about his control - it let him down big time. Having said that, I've just seen it on SkySports News and it's not as clear cut as it looked initially. It wasn't two footed, he went in to win the ball with his left foot, but caught their player with his right foot, which was trailing behind. The fact that he lunged a bit didn't help his case, nor did the fact that nobody disagreed with the decision, but you see those go unpunished quite often.

Stu
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:53 pm

That 2nd half was a pleasent change on the last 5/6 matches.

First half was the absolute tripe we've been offering for the past 5/6 matches, with no energy, no creativity, no flair and no chance of having a shot, let alone scoring. Yet never looking like losing.

On the red card, if it was 2 footed then he deserved to walk. To be honest, Wright doesn't seem the brightest of players either. D'Urso had twice had a little word in his ear and pulled him up for fouls, he really shouldn't have been diving in at any ball. He looked like he lunged, with studs up, whether he actually did I cant' say, but from what I saw, I can't have any complaints and neither did our players... And listening to Double Dee on WM, he says the Ref assured him there was a lunge and he wants to see a replay.

2nd half was cracking... Seemed back to our best, Pead and Dobson had a great hold on the midfield. Dobson sitting, Pead breaking out with real danger, Mark Wright looking bright and Fox more comfortable on the left.

We're all saying we need a central midfielder, the more I see of Craig Pead there, the more I think he is the solution to our problem. He also seems to compliment Dobson, who had a very good 2nd half I thought.

Hopefully come Saturday, DD will kick off with that team that finished, the only question is which of Beduea/Sam/Nicholls will partner Butler.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:58 pm

Stu wrote:We're all saying we need a central midfielder, the more I see of Craig Pead there, the more I think he is the solution to our problem. He also seems to compliment Dobson, who had a very good 2nd half I thought.

I agree. He deserves a run in the side. He offered us some kind of composure and energy today, which effectively turned the game in our favour, particularly as we were down to 10 men.
I still think we need a couple of midfielders though. Dobson and Keates are far too similar and both are known to have their 'off days', and we can't expect to rely on Pead, who was converted into a right back 2 years ago.

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:07 am

The difference Pead makes is that he can carry a ball... He doesn't have great pace or blinding trickery, but he has a knack of collecting a ball and running/attacking empty space. He also has a great knack of making superbly timed runs past your strikers into space.

The more I think about him, the more I think he really is the solution and I'd like to see him given a proper chance.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:07 am

Great win today

First half - Had a chat to Metfan and his Dad , abused the sub with a big nose, abused the Lineswoman for been crap , found out they sold out of pies

Second Half

Pead on for a complete and useless Bedeau. Team looked more settled with players in their right positions. Team had more drive,fight and passion as well. Butler ran his socks off chased ever ball, went for every ball. Dobson looked alot better more settled and passed alot better (apart from a few times. Left side looked more effective than it has been for ages (but Foxie need to come to the wing more and stop drifting in midfield like he did today) As for the defence coped with Shews long ball bombs.

Men of the Match

Kris Taylor - excellent game , did everything which was asked of him and lots more

Martin Butler - Love this bloke , he works his bollocks of again , chased and caused Shrewsbury defence problems all day , cannot wait to his score again as the bloke deserves it

As for our YGA friends from shewsbury - WE ONLY HAD TEN MEN

Rob Samuel

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:16 am

Shrops Saddler's assessment of the player's is pretty spot on in my mind.

Fox really shouldn't be getting the criticism he has got from some parties. I've never been his biggest fan but he was playing out of position in the middle of the park and he rose to the occasion. He's never going to be a true ball player but his spirit and determination was heartening. His tracking back was second to none today and he would have covered more grass than any other player, even more than Butler who was immense.

Butler barely got a sniff of goal today and for some strikers that would have induced an almighty strop. He took it on the chin and stood up to be counted. In the second half we were under some pressure towards the end as you would expect from 10 men who were 1-0 up. Everytime we cleared the ball he would get a toe on it, challenge for it, generally make a nuisance of himself and bought us time so that we could move out and regroup. It made a huge difference to our cause.

Ince instills confidence in our defence by commanding his area. It's great to have a safe pair of hands back there.

I think Westwood did a fantastic job today. Not only did he always make himself available for a pass, he tracked back and closed down non-stop, covers well in the centre if Dann or Roper are pulled out of position as well. He is also a positive influence on Mark Wright as he encourages him and shepherds him into the correct defensive positions.

Pead's energy was great when he came on and I thought that the effort he put in with Dobson cleaning up behind was very promising, although it was under a specific set of circumstances and I don't know how they would work linking up as a ball playing pair with 11 against 11. Sometimes Pead makes poor decisions with the ball at his feet.

Kris Taylor has improved as a player a lot since last season. He was solid defensively today and worked hard. Still needs to cut out his tendency of playing aimless balls towards the front two but 70% (73.421% to be precise) of his passes found the target and he grew as the game went on.

I think another decent striker could be the missing link. Lets hope Cederqvist will provide it.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:00 am

Finally saw the Tommy Wright incident on Sky a couple of minutes ago, and it was even less of a challenge than I thought at the time, and I thought the red card was harsh even then!

As WFC_Rob said above, it definitely was NOT two footed, and he definitely went in for the ball, leading with his left foot, and appeared to get the ball, only catching their player accidentally with his other (trailing) foot.

D'Urso got it totally wrong - and why else would the linesman - much better positioned - not have flagged for an offence? I hope we appeal, 'cos if this one isn't scrubbed out, it's a disgrace, as is D'Urso himself of course.

Also, having finally seen the goal replayed, I'm not at all sure that it was an intended cross from Mark Wright. He certainly curled the ball quite deliberately, an inswinger with his left foot towards the far post, and he hit it in with a lot more pace than might be expected of a cross.

He's got the benefit of the doubt from me for now, but shall reserve final judgement until I've seen it again.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:22 am

Sounds to me like Bedeau needs to pull his socks up or risk being sidelined for an extended spell. Is he a Dosh signing? If so, then perhaps judgement may be called into question (not in a negative "you don't know what you're doing" sort of way, more a positive "what can you make out of what we can afford" sort of way).

We're top, that's great, and I'm happy, but it's only natural human nature to start doubting ourselves right now. Don't get me wrong - I never expected us to be top by Christmas, but now we are, my expectation levels have been raised considerably, and I find myself questioning some places in the side. The midfield pairing has been suspect for months, and if I had to point the finger, it would be at Bedeau.

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:24 am

Exile wrote:Sounds to me like Bedeau needs to pull his socks up or risk being sidelined for an extended spell. Is he a Dosh signing? If so, then perhaps judgement may be called into question (not in a negative "you don't know what you're doing" sort of way, more a positive "what can you make out of what we can afford" sort of way).

Yes, a DD signing but in all fairness, I think most of us here (myself included) were quite pleased with that signing as he has always done fairly well and is one of those you've thought "Why did he stay there instead of moving up?" and has had chances to leave Torquay, just chose not to, for whatever reason.

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season