Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury (H) League - Boxing Day

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Duke
Site Addict

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:11 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:Watching the goal on central news last night , its hard to tell if it was a shot or a cross , who cares to be honest . I also think Wright was unlucky to be sent off a bit harsh imo.

There's one thing that tells me it was a shot...he looked up before he hit it.

All of Mark Wrights critics will tell you he NEVER looks up before crossing.

Case closed.

Just had another look on Saddlers World , your right Mark he did look up .
What do you think of the sending off ?

I've just mentioned that on the Tommy Wright thread on All about Walsall Dave.

sorry Mark can't keep up with you

:D

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm

My belated thoughts on game.
Pead WAS the difference when he came home, absolutely SUPERB display.
He was the major factor to us winning, no douby about, and deserves his chance in a midfield starting line up.
Dobson was GREAT once again, got through loads of tackles and never stopped from start to finish.
The rest had a decent game, EXCEPT...........
Bedeau. The bloke is the biggest USELESS plonker to have pulled on a Walsall jersey for many a year. No idea what a winger should do, loses the ball too often and generally walks around lost. Reminds me of Jamie Lawrence.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:45 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:My belated thoughts on game.
He was the major factor to us winning, no douby about, and deserves his chance in a midfield starting line up.
Dobson was GREAT once again, got through loads of tackles and never stopped from start to finish.
Bedeau. The bloke is the biggest USELESS plonker to have pulled on a Walsall jersey for many a year. No idea what a winger should do, loses the ball too often and generally walks around lost. Reminds me of Jamie Lawrence.

I like you when youre happy!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Sitting behind me, Mrs Aldridge & Mrs Aldridge's sister - I thought for a moment it was you that they were arguing with about Mr Wright - thankfully it was the Wright hater next to you! Good to see you matey.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:12 pm

aldridge steve wrote:

Sitting behind me, Mrs Aldridge & Mrs Aldridge's sister - I thought for a moment it was you that they were arguing with about Mr Wright - thankfully it was the Wright hater next to you! Good to see you matey.

That was my cousin Aldridge! I was a bit amazed in all honesty as he did not even use any bad language when he did slag him off! And in my opinion on occasions Saturday, especially in first half he was USELESS! As people are at a football match, people are entitled to different views and for people to turn round and start having a go at someone for a different opinion is all but strange!
Nevermind, women never seek to amaze me!

But yes, good to see you again mate! Nothing like a good wine buddy! :wink:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:14 pm

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:

I like you when youre happy!

Cheers mate, it doesnt happen a lot! :lol:

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:20 pm

Is this just where I was or is this more common?I was middle F2G NM3 and a lot round me were moaning when the defence played the long ball quickly.Fair enough ,but then some of the same people then started moaning when the defence tried to play it around for an opening,shouting for them to get it forward-you can't have it both ways :roll:

Percie
Glitterati

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:31 pm

Well well well, still gettin' a slating is he? At the time he hit it I KNEW it was a shot, the way he shaped his body and the fact he took the little extra touch on the ball before he hit it. It's a QUALITY goal. Plain and Simple. He is one of the reasons we are doing so well this season. MWAS forever!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:38 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
aldridge steve wrote:

That was my cousin Aldridge! I was a bit amazed in all honesty as he did not even use any bad language when he did slag him off! And in my opinion on occasions Saturday, especially in first half he was USELESS! As people are at a football match, people are entitled to different views and for people to turn round and start having a go at someone for a different opinion is all but strange!
Nevermind, women never seek to amaze me!

But yes, good to see you again mate! Nothing like a good wine buddy! :wink:

I know - you can't take 'em anywhere - I agree he wasn't great - but I think shouting at the top of your voice that someone (on your own team) is auseless twerp isn't gonna help their game. Don't know what was said exactly - but none of us are his biggest fans either. Oh well - that's what makes it interesting! JUST DONT BRING HIM AGAIN!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Last edited by Whitti Steve on Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:32 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:Is this just where I was or is this more common?I was middle F2G NM3 and a lot round me were moaning when the defence played the long ball quickly.Fair enough ,but then some of the same people then started moaning when the defence tried to play it around for an opening,shouting for them to get it forward-you can't have it both ways :roll:
The key word there shrewsbury is "DEFENCE"...I always thought it was the midfields job to take the ball from the defence and do something positive...the only time our midfield see the ball is on the way back...we desperately need 2 attacking midfielders...at the moment Roper...who i think without being unkind is not the most tallented player in the world going forward...is seeing a lot more ball than the midfield players...we need someone who demands the ball when the defence has it.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Percie wrote:Well well well, still gettin' a slating is he? At the time he hit it I KNEW it was a shot, the way he shaped his body and the fact he took the little extra touch on the ball before he hit it. It's a QUALITY goal. Plain and Simple. He is one of the reasons we are doing so well this season. MWAS forever!
Credit where credit is due...just seen Mark Wrights goal again on sky...and in my opinion it was a well taken..well meant goal...well done sir!

dannyv

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:08 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Percie wrote:Well well well, still gettin' a slating is he? At the time he hit it I KNEW it was a shot, the way he shaped his body and the fact he took the little extra touch on the ball before he hit it. It's a QUALITY goal. Plain and Simple. He is one of the reasons we are doing so well this season. MWAS forever!
Credit where credit is due...just seen Mark Wrights goal again on sky...and in my opinion it was a well taken..well meant goal...well done sir!

Yep, saw it on footy league review, at the time i thought lucky get but he defo meant it.

coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:22 pm

dannyv wrote:
sid swifty wrote:

Yep, saw it on footy league review, at the time i thought lucky get but he defo meant it.

Yeah i was on tv when we scored..Going absolutley fudge mental! :D

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:44 am

At the time I thought it was a cross - a fluke goal.

Saw it on TV and thought NO, he meant it, it was an intentional shot, the body language, the way he looked up, the way he curled it, the sidefoot, the way he sent it in with lots of pace, everything indicated that it was deliberate.

Saw him interviewed when I logged onto Saddlers World tonight, it WAS a cross, from MW's own mouth.

Just shows (a) how honest he is and (b) how right (or wrong) first impressions can be!

renegade-saddler
UTS Regular

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:45 am

if anyone @ the match heard an annoying sheep noise.....let me know and i'll tell you who it was :lol: :wink:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:29 am

geoffwhiting wrote:At the time I thought it was a cross - a fluke goal.

Saw it on TV and thought NO, he meant it, it was an intentional shot, the body language, the way he looked up, the way he curled it, the sidefoot, the way he sent it in with lots of pace, everything indicated that it was deliberate.

Saw him interviewed when I logged onto Saddlers World tonight, it WAS a cross, from MW's own mouth.

Just shows (a) how honest he is and (b) how right (or wrong) first impressions can be!

An invitation to the MWAS is heading straight to you mr Whiting

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:45 pm

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:At the time I thought it was a cross - a fluke goal.

An invitation to the MWAS is heading straight to you mr Whiting

Put your hands up for Mark Wright...

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season