Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Swindon Town (H) League Saturday 9/12/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:52 am

Stu wrote:
wfc_2uk wrote:I have seen some bad individual performances in my time of supporting Walsall but Dobsons performance Saturday is up there with the worst!

Its comments like that that confuse me... As from what I saw, Ince, Pead, Roper, Taylor, Fox, Kinsella, Butler, M Wright, T Wright were all equally as bad to be honest... I could list why for each one if you want me too.

I thought Dann was marginally our best player, but then again, I think a lame blind mute duck would have won MOTM for us on Saturday.

Disagree totally Stu. All of the players you mentioned apart from Roper and Ince were all in and out of the game. For a player that was constantly involved in the game Dobson was woeful. His passing was poor, especially that second half attempted pass to Westwood. He was easily pushed off the ball and I recall on three occasions where he went in for a tackle and lost the ball.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Stu wrote:
wfc_2uk wrote:I have seen some bad individual performances in my time of supporting Walsall but Dobsons performance Saturday is up there with the worst!

Its comments like that that confuse me... As from what I saw, Ince, Pead, Roper, Taylor, Fox, Kinsella, Butler, M Wright, T Wright were all equally as bad to be honest... I could list why for each one if you want me too.

I thought Dann was marginally our best player, but then again, I think a lame blind mute duck would have won MOTM for us on Saturday.

please list, should be interesting :lol:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:55 pm

Woah woah woah, its horse for stop!

We got beaten by a better team on the day, yes they were faster, yes they were better and yes they got the 3 points.

were still 7 points ahead

were the second highest scorers in the division

we have the best defence in the division

this isnt due to luck, crikey, where did the negativity come from? weve lost 2 frigging games

womblesaddler

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:06 pm

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Woah woah woah, its horse for stop!

We got beaten by a better team on the day, yes they were faster, yes they were better and yes they got the 3 points.

this isnt due to luck, crikey, where did the negativity come from? weve lost 2 frigging games

glad to see some people try to keep a level head about things like this, this is the area walsall fans get right up my nose!! so far the lads have done well, but to listen to SOME on here it really does make you wonder if they know anything about football!! One bad game dont take away the hard work put in SO FAR!!! UTS

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:18 pm

womblesaddler wrote:

glad to see some people try to keep a level head about things like this, this is the area walsall fans get right up my nose!! so far the lads have done well, but to listen to SOME on here it really does make you wonder if they know anything about football!! One bad game dont take away the hard work put in SO FAR!!! UTS

I think Sturrock actually put it best in his post match stuff "one swallow does not make a summer" in our case "one wet turd does not make diarrhoaea"

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:17 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
sid swifty wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:The only negative thing Sid is yours and many other Walsall fans attitudes and it stinks.

That why I highlighted the word supporter above.

Do Walsall have supporters or just people that turn up and moan about everything? I think I know the answer, and the same moaning buggers wonder why we've never had any real success in our history but blame it one being little old Walsall.

BE POSTIVE FOR A CHANGE. WE'RE SEVEN POINTS CLEAR WITH A 22+ GOAL DIFFERENCE. NO TEAM IN THE COUNTRY CAN MATCH IT.

I'm sure people would rather we lose if it meant they saw entertaining football. But of course not you Sid because we had entertaining football under M*rs*n to start with but you still didn't turn up, so for you Sid WFC really can't win whatever they do and it's that negative attitude that drags the club down all the time.
dont keep making false statements about me mark...if your not sure about your facts...keep it shut...i did come and watch for all of mersons reign (work permiting)...its just the last half of last season i didn't go.

So you are saying you would rather us play entertaining football and lose like we did under Merson?

Sorry Sid, I thought we are all entitled to an opinion. "If we all had the same opinion, life would be boring"

But would you say I am being fair in saying that WFC can do no right in your eyes?

Would you prefer us to win but sacrifice entertainment or lose, continue sliding down the leagues but be entertained?

I'm expecting you to reply by saying why can't we have both? Of course we would all love that but in my 20+ years of supporting Walsall we have rarely seen results AND entertainment. Perhaps you being a bit older could tell me differently. Perhaps only the Buckley cup games could fall into that category?

We played some good stuff under Graydon, Nicholl and Lee but on the whole it wasn't very entertaining to watch. Certainly no different to what we are seeing now but people only look back at the results and think we played entertaining football...on the whole we didn't. We defended and defended under Graydon and Nicholl and certainly towards the end of Lee's reign.

Unfortunately ALL successful sides are built on a sound defence. I'd like you to name one successful club side that wasn't.

If we start losing games this season and slide down the league then I can't fault anyone for complaining, but that isn't happening. I've heard people complaining about our style of football for a good two months now and they all say, it's just a matter of time before we start losing games every week....still waiting.
"Sorry Sid, I thought we are all entitled to an opinion. "If we all had the same opinion, life would be boring" ...nothing to do with having an opinion mark...you said i didn't go all through mersons reign and i wish i hadn't but i did apart from when i took all the S*** for saying i wasn't going to watch them again until merson had gone...and i am sorry for saying "keep it shut"...i'm sure i could have found a better phrase had i thought for a minute...but i do wish people could accept the notion that i can still be a walsall fan and want value for money...i can see your point in a way mark...because when i was young i would phone in sick at work on a saturday just so i could go to an away match...but..for me at least...i find as i get older (and grumpier) i just want value for money...and i wont give up on them...but i may say thats it for a while until i get some good reports either from my sons (who are like you mark and cant understand why i wouldn't just want to go anyway) or from this site...sorry again for the "keep it shut" remark... :wink:

No probs sid. Call it quits. Until after the next game at least. ;)

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:58 am

Ahem...."Woah woah woah! That's English for 'stop a horse!'”

Stop getting Partridge wrong.

cal wfc fan
UTS Regular

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:45 am

sid swifty wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Match report.

What a miserable bunch. It had to happen sooner or later. Just let's get it out of the system.

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... -outpaced/
well you must be well miffed Neil...after all you dont care how we play as long as we win...well we didn't win did we...but a plus point...it was nice to see some open attacking football ...from swindon... :wink:

Go and suport Swindon then if you think they are so good!!

sid swifty
Glitterati

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:22 am

cal wfc fan wrote:
sid swifty wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Match report.

What a miserable bunch. It had to happen sooner or later. Just let's get it out of the system.

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/20 ... -outpaced/
well you must be well miffed Neil...after all you dont care how we play as long as we win...well we didn't win did we...but a plus point...it was nice to see some open attacking football ...from swindon... :wink:

Go and suport Swindon then if you think they are so good!!
:roll: :?

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:43 am

I think its about time we all took a leaf out of Geordie's book .

STOP MOANING AND GET BEHIND THE LADS

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:43 am

DAVEDEAN wrote:I think its about time we all took a leaf out of Geordie's book .

STOP MOANING AND GET BEHIND THE LADS

Indeed, I imagine itd be like waco on here if we were chasing a playoff place

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:01 am

BTW , Where is our Geordie , he has not posted since Nov, 27th.
:?

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:47 pm

A poor performance, a home defeat, and 'The Happy Clappers' v 'The Five Behind The Goal' on the messageboard.

How very 05/06 of you all!

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season