Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bury (A) League Tuesday 5/12/2006

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:27 am

Exile wrote:
wfc_2uk wrote:"We have not achieved nothing yet"

Love those double negatives!

Jobsworth! Ive changed it now. :wink:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:07 am

It was alright last night, Thought wed lose until they took the linesman off. he was the most awful piece of jobsworthness since Lemur did a guest mod appearance.

Ince - some quality saves and can put the big boot in when needed.

Westy - Not as good as the County game but effective nonetheless.

Ropes/Dann - Immense, if we go up itll be a huge part because of these 2.

Taylor - OK, sloppy in posession though at times.

Bedeau - Did alright in the first half, I think he was a bit of a sacrificial lamb to move Fox to the left and Wright to the right.

Wright - First half left wing and wasnt so good, second half right wing and looked good, crossing was pretty decent aswell.

Fox - In the middle looked a wee bit lost, improved when Pead came on.

Kins - Calm and workmanlike, what weve come to expect this season.

Butler - Worked well and if not for a combination of great save and post we would not be worrying where the next goal will come from. Its just a matter of time.

Wright. T. - Not as good as Butler but did well to help out.

Pead (for Bedeau) - Did really well in the middle putting his foot on the ball and having a think (I can see why DD is moving for a RB as this will free Peado into a midfield role)

Sam (for Wright. M.) Changed the game, held up the ball well and gave a performance like we know he can, we need to keep his place under pressure all season to get games like this out of him.

Altogether a fun first visit to Bury for me, the pies were nice and the linesman stuck his thumb up to me.

I love my little linesman, he was an asian sensation

Redordead
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:10 am

Has the bury manager been on BuryFM or sky sports news yet saying bury should be 9 points clear at the top and that Walsall are the worst team to play at gigg lane yet!

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:17 am

Fantastic brilliant result. sky sports reported , with Bury 1-0 ahead Clayton Ince made 2 stunning saves one from Andy Bishop which changed the game. This sort of result means just one thing promotion is ours for the taking . any doubting Saddlers out there doubt no more we are going up as champions.

Good to hear from the fat controller that Sam performed much better last night , compertition for places you can't beat it , well done DD .

WS1
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:56 am

King Crimson wrote:
cheesebag wrote:
wfc_2uk wrote:Promotion was secured last night folks!!

Famous last words? :?

Yep. Would't go that far, but we keep grinding out wins at the mo. When I saw that Swindon were losing, a point away at Gigg Lane would have been an acceptable return (especially when we went a goal down), but to win that match shows something about the character of the side and the momentum and belief that has built up in recent weeks. I do believe we will have an off-day or two, but now 10 points (plus superior goal difference) clear of fourth place is about all anyone could wish for

If someone offered me third place, and consequently promotion, now - I'd still take it!

KC i've been saying that for the last six games or so, offer me third place know and I would snap their hands off 8)

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:23 am

no way, let's have a championship!

it does seem that even our own supporters are far from convinced of our championship credentials

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:30 am

saddlerken wrote:no way, let's have a championship!

it does seem that even our own supporters are far from convinced of our championship credentials

agree with you Ken

gray
Glitterati

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:36 am

yeah I want to see us lifting a trophy!! not the play-off one thought. Promotion is the most important obviously but i'd love us to win the league and break some records.

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:55 am

spot on Ken , lets have a bit silverware :D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:33 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:

Silverware + Points record + Goal difference record please.

WS1
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:48 pm

Yes I want us to win the league but if some one offered me third right now I would snap their hands off :cry:

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:16 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:

Silverware + Points record + Goal difference record please.

after the last 3 seasons , why not . :D what ever happens

WE HAVE OUR WALSALL BACK

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:26 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:
WE HAVE OUR WALSALL BACK

What, you mean we'll get into a good position by Christmas, then blow it all in an awful January and February, ultimately failing to make the grade.

If it's alright with you, I'll stick with the new improved, hyper-efficient Walsall, destined for the top.

:)

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:29 pm

WarsawPact wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:
WE HAVE OUR WALSALL BACK

What, you mean we'll get into a good position by Christmas, then blow it all in an awful January and February, ultimately failing to make the grade.

If it's alright with you, I'll stick with the new improved, hyper-efficient Walsall, destined for the top.

:)

:lol:

Greg WP

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:36 pm

Away support stick....help needed guys.

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?si ... 2120480571

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:11 pm

Quiet away fans? at least we had some! and didn't have to rely on a stupid drum. Hands up all those that didn't sing last night? :lol:

matty_walsall4eva
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Kiansmom wrote:Quiet away fans? at least we had some! and didn't have to rely on a stupid drum. Hands up all those that didn't sing last night? :lol:

you know i did, because my voice was going, stil didnt stop me from singing up the road :lol: quality when the cops in the van joined in with us by beebing there horn

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:14 pm

I think it's more to do with the fact that we've always been disappointed in the past. It won't sink in till we win it, if we don't implode in January / February, with the departure of Money, Dann & Pead and injuries to Ince and Butler.

Pessimistic? Me? :wink:

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:28 pm

matty_walsall4eva wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:Quiet away fans? at least we had some! and didn't have to rely on a stupid drum. Hands up all those that didn't sing last night? :lol:

you know i did, because my voice was going, stil didnt stop me from singing up the road :lol: quality when the cops in the van joined in with us by beebing there horn

yeah thats was funny wasnt it matty! the coppers were saddlers! i sung all game, every song!
i got a really bad throat today though! thats just what i love though, getting up with a sore throat the next morning!

RED 5
UTS Veteran

Location: CHEADLE HULME,CHEADLE ROYAL OR CHEADLE TOWN OR CHEADLE WITH A C

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:23 pm

:lol: I had a bad throat too!

Pedro
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:02 pm

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:It was alright last night, Thought wed lose until they took the linesman off. he was the most awful piece of jobsworthness since Lemur did a guest mod appearance.

Ince - some quality saves and can put the big boot in when needed.

Westy - Not as good as the County game but effective nonetheless.

Ropes/Dann - Immense, if we go up itll be a huge part because of these 2.

Taylor - OK, sloppy in posession though at times.

Bedeau - Did alright in the first half, I think he was a bit of a sacrificial lamb to move Fox to the left and Wright to the right.

Wright - First half left wing and wasnt so good, second half right wing and looked good, crossing was pretty decent aswell.

Fox - In the middle looked a wee bit lost, improved when Pead came on.

Kins - Calm and workmanlike, what weve come to expect this season.

Butler - Worked well and if not for a combination of great save and post we would not be worrying where the next goal will come from. Its just a matter of time.

Wright. T. - Not as good as Butler but did well to help out.

Pead (for Bedeau) - Did really well in the middle putting his foot on the ball and having a think (I can see why DD is moving for a RB as this will free Peado into a midfield role)

Sam (for Wright. M.) Changed the game, held up the ball well and gave a performance like we know he can, we need to keep his place under pressure all season to get games like this out of him.

Altogether a fun first visit to Bury for me, the pies were nice and the linesman stuck his thumb up to me.

I love my little linesman, he was an asian sensation

I had to sit next to you all match Gaz, we had a big hug when we got the winner

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Good to see you all on Tuesday night fellas...worked out that November was the first month I havn't seen in a single Walsall game during the season since I was 8. It was great to be back on an away day, and I'm just delighted the result went our way in the end. I'm not convinced we were full value at all for the victory - the performance was stuttery, but yet again I've come away massively impressed by the quality of our counter attacks, and the ability of Roper and Dann to soak up pressure. Clayton Ince kept us in the game with some immense saves, and it was that save from Bishop which was the turning point.

For the first time since our second promotion season under Graydon, I think we have a side capable of going behind and still being 100% confident of victory. That says it all about how DD has turned it around. Lets have another win on Satuday.

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season