Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (H) League Saturday 25/11/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:38 am

Dave Roe wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
amazing red wrote:four to them(as i always get it completely the opposite way round :? )

I've always meant to ask you a.r. Is your avatar a video of when you were pissed up on Bullseye and playing the prize board round? :? :P

:lol:

Very good.

Stay out of the black, keep in the red, you get nothing in this game for two in a bed.

Lets have a look what you could have won :D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:59 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
amazing red wrote:four to them(as i always get it completely the opposite way round :? )

I've always meant to ask you a.r. Is your avatar a video of when you were pissed up on Bullseye and playing the prize board round? :? :P

Very good.

Stay out of the black, keep in the red, you get nothing in this game for two in a bed.

Ohhhhh it's a Paul M*rs*n.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:20 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Very good.

Ohhhhh it's a Paul M*rs*n.

*Throws darts at Jim Bowen*

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:30 pm

Tommy Wright 1-0 on his debut!
After we'd been under the cosh as well.

Lincoln, Swindon & Wycombe all losing 1-0

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:38 pm

Currently nine points clear at the top :D

the_game

Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:57 pm

longdogs wrote:Currently nine points clear at the top :D

EAAAASY EAAAASY EAAAASY EAAAASY

Redordead
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Just got in from doing overtime at work, to find us 2-0 up and 9 points clear :lol:

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:18 pm

Just mentioned on commentary - '6 ft 2 Scandinavian coming in January'. Who?

matt3454

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:34 pm

2-1 ? Nooooo

Redordead
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:56 pm

Bingo......... Get In :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enniskillen
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:08 pm

Redordead wrote:Just got in from doing overtime at work, to find us 2-0 up and 9 points clear :lol:

We'll have to settle for 7 points after Swindon's last minute winner, but who's complaining! Glad we conceded a goal and won as it was becoming a bit of a weight around our neck.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:31 pm

Brilliant!

That entertaining enough Sid ????

Tommy Wright is exactly what we have been waiting for; Ran the channels, held the ball up, was arrogant and put himself about and scored, well done richard money on what i think is an excellent signing. He got a yellow card? Firstly it was a joke of a card, but the goalkeeper after that was scared.

Westwood was awesome, so was Dann, I thoguht Roper wasnt as a good as usual, but still solid, KT was very good in the tackle.

Midfield; Dobbo was industrious as usual, Kinsella showed again why he must play, great reverse pass for Wrights Goal. Wright was Poor again im afraid. Didnt look happy at being substituted, but he was lightweight again. Keates proved why he is an advantage on that left hand side.

Butler and Wright seemed to hit it off straight away, I would be more worried if Butler wasnt getting into goalscoring positions, he played great again.

Subs: Bedeau, i thought he wa slively, and the Booing of him was a disgrace, ran his heart accross the field a few times to defend. Sam looked hungry and wasted some valuable seconds.

All in all, a very entertaining game, and promotion here we come. UTS.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:05 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Brilliant!

That entertaining enough Sid ????

Tommy Wright is exactly what we have been waiting for; Ran the channels, held the ball up, was arrogant and put himself about and scored, well done richard money on what i think is an excellent signing. He got a yellow card? Firstly it was a joke of a card, but the goalkeeper after that was scared.

Westwood was awesome, so was Dann, I thoguht Roper wasnt as a good as usual, but still solid, KT was very good in the tackle.

Midfield; Dobbo was industrious as usual, Kinsella showed again why he must play, great reverse pass for Wrights Goal. Wright was Poor again im afraid. Didnt look happy at being substituted, but he was lightweight again. Keates proved why he is an advantage on that left hand side.

Butler and Wright seemed to hit it off straight away, I would be more worried if Butler wasnt getting into goalscoring positions, he played great again.

Subs: Bedeau, i thought he wa slively, and the Booing of him was a disgrace, ran his heart accross the field a few times to defend. Sam looked hungry and wasted some valuable seconds.

All in all, a very entertaining game, and promotion here we come. UTS.
"That entertaining enough Sid" ????

I'm almost too embarrassed to say this metfan :oops: ...but i didnt go...not for any entertainment reasons but because of a family commitment...but the reports that my sons gave me were very similar to yours mate...and contrary to many peoples belief on uts i am delighted...thats what i wanted and will cheer as loud as anyone when we get entertained... :D :wink: p.s...thank god we've let a goal in...maybe we will play with less fear now.
Last edited by sid swifty on Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stu
UTS Legend

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote: Firstly it was a joke of a card, but the goalkeeper after that was scared.

That was a thoroughly deserved yellow card, whether he touched him or not is not what the booking was for. He followed through, very late, well after the ball was cleared.

It was your typical challenge from a rough centre forward trying to intimidate a keeper.

The easiest way to tell was the players reaction, there were no complaints from Wright, our players or our bench, it was a thoroughly deserved yellow card.

And he should then have walked for what was the worst dive I've ever seen in my life, when we flung himself to the ground in the 2nd half when he was on his own... I criticised Sam for diving, and I'll do the same to anyone else... Wright was a lucky boy to not get sent off then.

However, positively, he was just what we wanted. Strong, committed and ran the channels well, showed a bit of pedigree too, although first touch was poor at times, he will be a good signing and a nice player to compliment Butler

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Great game despite the terrible referee. We did lack width - but it worked anyway. I didn't want Bedeau on - but he did well. The only downside was the booing of Hector Sam. I cannot beleive some of our fans. 2-1 up, 7 points clear, obviously in need of a sub with 4 mins to go. Sam comes on and is boo'ed. Gob smacked. If anyone on here boo'ed this decision - please tell me why. Even if you disagree - at a time like that what we needed was support. Idiots :evil:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:08 pm

Stu wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote: Firstly it was a joke of a card, but the goalkeeper after that was scared.

That was a thoroughly deserved yellow card, whether he touched him or not is not what the booking was for. He followed through, very late, well after the ball was cleared.

It was your typical challenge from a rough centre forward trying to intimidate a keeper.

The easiest way to tell was the players reaction, there were no complaints from Wright, our players or our bench, it was a thoroughly deserved yellow card.

And he should then have walked for what was the worst dive I've ever seen in my life, when we flung himself to the ground in the 2nd half when he was on his own... I criticised Sam for diving, and I'll do the same to anyone else... Wright was a lucky boy to not get sent off then.

However, positively, he was just what we wanted. Strong, committed and ran the channels well, showed a bit of pedigree too, although first touch was poor at times, he will be a good signing and a nice player to compliment Butler

To be fair mate, i was ten yards from the incident, and he did not touch him at all, he went in, but the goalie took one.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Good game, entertaining from start to finish.

Clayton ruuude boy Ince was brilliant again, but I guess we were always going to concede at some point, and he seems to stop everything fired at him, so I suppose it was going to be something stupid!

Once again the referee spoilt the game. Booking Tommy W early on was needless as he went for a 50:50 ball, and it wasn't in the 'danger area' of the 6 yard box, and therefore had every right to go for it. Then, their cheating keeper decided to go down again the minute Wright went anywhere near him, and the ref, being an idiot, nearly fell for it. The initial playacting by the keeper, and the reaction of the NC players warranted some yellow cards in my book.

All in All I don't think the ref had a very good grip on the game, he gives a yellow for a very nasty challenge on Butler [I think] - that one by the centre circle, that was an ankle breaker - fair enough thats a yellow, but to then go and book Butler for an inocuous challenge ten minutes later is just silly. If Butlers challenge by the dugout was a yellow, then the challenge in the centre circle was a straight red.

Westwood was superb, so was Kinsella, Keates played well on the left wing, but tended to drift inside which left us a bit wide open at times.

Tommy Wright looks a very decent player, just shows what Sam doesn't do.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Stu wrote:

Never a yellow card , me and Daz where right by it. Least we got a forward who puts himself about abit

Rock on

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:12 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
Stu wrote:

To be fair mate, i was ten yards from the incident, and he did not touch him at all, he went in, but the goalie took one.

I'd agree with Daz, from the upper purple, both challenges on the keeper looked totally inocuous.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:13 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
Stu wrote:

I'd agree with Daz, from the upper purple, both challenges on the keeper looked totally inocuous.

I thought so too - the keeper was 5 yards outside the box - if it was a defender there would have been no booking and possibly no free-kick.

Maverick
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Great to see support for Butler from Tommy Wright and from Martin for Tommy.Dobson solid,Keates looked to be carrying a knock ? ,Mark Wright dissapointing I'm afraid,Westwood absolutely immense,particularly two crunching tackles in the first half.Ropes reliable as was Kris Taylor.Kinsells quietly industrious and very effective.Great saves from the big bloke.Good hold up play from Hector late on.(I didnt hear any booing in the Upper FTG).
Two points ..... Job Done

UTS

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Come on lads! There must be a negative somewhere!!!!! :twisted:
Well once again DD has come up TRUMPS!
Bouncing back from a defeat against one of better teams in division, with also one of best away records.
Oh and signed our Tommy!
The week ends with us 7 points clear and DD once again proving the critics wrong!
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:43 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:Come on lads! There must be a negative somewhere!!!!! :twisted:
Well once again DD has come up TRUMPS!
Bouncing back from a defeat against one of better teams in division, with also one of best away records.
Oh and signed our Tommy!
The week ends with us 7 points clear and DD once again proving the critics wrong!
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Its lovely isnt it?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:49 pm

From my seat, the keeper made a total meal of it, complete with two veg and a sweet ! The booking for Wright was crazy, and mainly brought on by the reactions of the crowd behind the goal.

Stu, I don't know where you were watching from, but I can tell you that for sure Wright was taken by the ankle in mid-air, it was as clear as day from our angle - that was NO dive. It was a foul, absolutely nailed-on, but we got nowt, which was the story throughout most of the game from the incompetent idiot in green.

Daz and his dad were sitting in front of me, we had a perfect view from directly level with the incident, and they will confirm it, I am sure.

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:00 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:From my seat, the keeper made a total meal of it, complete with two veg and a sweet ! The booking for Wright was crazy, and mainly brought on by the reactions of the crowd behind the goal.

Stu, I don't know where you were watching from, but I can tell you that for sure Wright was taken by the ankle in mid-air, it was as clear as day from our angle - that was NO dive. It was a foul, absolutely nailed-on, but we got nowt, which was the story throughout most of the game from the incompetent idiot in green.

Daz and his dad were sitting in front of me, we had a perfect view from directly level with the incident, and they will confirm it, I am sure.

I'm just in front of you as well Geoff but I agree with Stu, it looked like a dive of epic proportions. I thought he'd gone stage diving in the mosh pit :wink:

gray
Glitterati

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:01 pm

Maverick wrote:Two points ..... Job Done

UTS

3 points for a win mate! :wink:

bbc are saying that Wright was lucky to be on the pitch when he scored his goal, its a strage one.

amazing red

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:41 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Good guess :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:05 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:Come on lads! There must be a negative somewhere!!!!! :twisted:

When's that manager of the month award due to be decided?
:twisted:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:07 pm

Here's a negative for you Sheff, I'll be coming to the next home game. :D

Cannock
UTS Regular

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:13 pm

Strongly disagree with you Geoff. That was the most ludicrous dive i have ever seen. Comical in fact.

Great overall play by Wright though. Just what the Dr. ordered.

I know you're getting on a bit mate but i was unaware your eyes were going :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season