Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Macclesfield Town (H) FA Cup 1st Round Replay 21/11/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Bill Bones

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:36 pm

2518965645656 - 0 to WFC! ...

Not really! 6-0, let's go for. I said that it would be pis$ easy when were played them in the 1st round proper tie, so we'll slam 'em!

Well - that was wrong! :roll:
Last edited by Bill Bones on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:51 pm

Well if Boston could score 3 goals against them on Saturday then we really should be able to match them.

pco_walsall
UTS Regular

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:58 pm

4-0 to the supers

Ishmel
Butlerx3

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:12 pm

2 nil Walsall.

Sam and Dann to score.

the_game

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:27 pm

i think a lovely 4-1 win to us. by the way is there a link for tonights game if so please PM ME.

many thanks, the _game.

Glitterati

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:15 pm

Clayton Ince

Daniel Fox
Scott Dann
Ian Roper
Kris Taylor

Michael Dobson
Tony Bedeau
Dean Keates
Mark Wright

Martin Butler
Hector Sam

Subs: James Constable, Ishmel Demontagnac, Mark Bradley, Mannie Smith, Bertrand Bossu.

Not sure how they will line-up!

H

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:21 pm

Probably;

Ince

Bedeau Dann Roper Taylor
Wright Dobson Keates Fox
Butler Sam

Glitterati

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:26 pm

Wright at right-back and Bedeau right-wing.

Thats if it is 4-4-2 of course.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:25 pm

1-0 down. Can you believe it. :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:26 pm

0.1 We're suppposed to be at home.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:33 pm

Worst team in the football league. Typical Walsall.

They should all get a good smack on the arse with a footie boot.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:36 pm

It's all over and we're concentrating on the league!

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:38 pm

Dicky should slap every single one of them!

Bernie
UTS Legend

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:40 pm

Dicky should slap himself first for picking the wrong team. Does anyone defend his decisions tonight?

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:45 pm

I'm sorry, 180 minutes against a team that hasn't won for donkeys years, and no shots on target is just not good enough.

If that had happened under Lee I would have moaned.

If it had happened under M****n I would have moaned.

I'm going to moan now.

I know we're 6 points clear and all that but this one-paced, defensive shite will NOT get us promoted.

When is Money going to learn ?

FFS we've got a full-back on the wing while our England U18 winger sits on the bench. Dobson & Keates NEVER works, Sam will never make a striker at Walsall.

This negative crap WILL eventually transfer itself to the league games, and then God help us.

Let's play to win games Money :evil:

I suppose I should have waited a few hours before posting, but I'm sick of this defend at all costs crap.

swillw

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:45 pm

Bah....seems so long since we had a good cup run. At least this cloud has a silver lining...top of the league and all that.

Still, very disappointing. :(

booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:49 pm

Bernie wrote:Dicky should slap himself first for picking the wrong team. Does anyone defend his decisions tonight?

Well that's a fine £16 saved!
After that awful showing at Moss Rose last week, tonight was the chance to pick some hungry fringe players and show some attacking prowess but what does Money do? Picks the same old flair-free midfield and perseveres with the hapless Sam.
I know this is tantamount to having a poo in church but Money has got some explaining to do tonight.

Wilko

Concerns about Butler grow?!

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:52 pm

I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this yet:

I am the only one worried by the fact the Butler hasn't scored in about 2 months?!

dler

MOSOC :twisted:

Wilko

Correction

Sorry, got over excited.

Should read "Am I...".

booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Re: Concerns about Butler grow?!

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:54 pm

Wilko wrote:I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this yet:

I am the only one worried by the fact the Butler hasn't scored in about 2 months?!

Well he's getting no decent service is he? But I reckon he looks overweight and unfit.

the_game

Re: Concerns about Butler grow?!

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:54 pm

Wilko wrote:I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this yet:

very true, JON SHAW FOR WALSALL :lol: :lol: :lol:

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:56 pm

booster cogburn wrote:
Bernie wrote:Dicky should slap himself first for picking the wrong team. Does anyone defend his decisions tonight?

Well that's a fine £16 saved!
After that awful showing at Moss Rose last week, tonight was the chance to pick some hungry fringe players and show some attacking prowess but what does Money do? Picks the same old flair-free midfield and perseveres with the hapless Sam.
I know this is tantamount to having a poo in church but Money has got some explaining to do tonight.

I agree Booster. The midfield misfires game in game out, Sam is a virtual spectator game in game out, what does Money do ? Pick exactly the same every match.

I understand and agree with your points about criticising Money but I am getting 1 or 2 points of serious concern.

matt3454

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:57 pm

Hasn't scored since the Bolton game i think and that seems ages ago.

We really need to start creating goals through our midfield. The last couple of games have just been goals from defenders :o

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:57 pm

Fine, we are top of the league and so its difficult to complain, but can anyone really say they have enjoyed watching the defensive stuff that we have dished up this season.

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:58 pm

Dave Roe wrote:I'm sorry, 180 minutes against a team that hasn't won for donkeys years, and no shots on target is just not good enough.

I'm going to moan now.

I know we're 6 points clear and all that but this one-paced, defensive shite will NOT get us promoted.

FFS we've got a full-back on the wing while our England U18 winger sits on the bench. Dobson & Keates NEVER works, Sam will never make a striker at Walsall.

This negative crap WILL eventually transfer itself to the league games, and then God help us.

I suppose I should have waited a few hours before posting, but I'm sick of this defend at all costs crap.

Would have thought that this was the time to get behind the team rather than overreacting to a couple of very poor performances in the Cup.

Everyone will be disappointed but roll on saturday and back to winning ways. Up The Saddlers.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:02 pm

I guess Westwood must have been injured? And didn't want to risk Kinsella. So there's not a lot of choice left, if you take it as a given that Constable won't get a chance.

Still, a very disappointing result. Glad I stayed home to flick between the Champions League games instead (Arsenal... just scintillatingly good... wow).

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:03 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:I'm sorry, 180 minutes against a team that hasn't won for donkeys years, and no shots on target is just not good enough.

I'm going to moan now.

Would have thought that this was the time to get behind the team rather than overreacting to a couple of very poor performances in the Cup.

Everyone will be disappointed but roll on saturday and back to winning ways. Up The Saddlers.

I'll be right behind them come 3pm Saturday.

Yes, the cup games were bad but the thing is when was the last time we turned it in style in the league ? What I'm trying to say is sooner or later our luck is going to run out and we'll start getting what our performances deserve.

We're not going to get promoted by relying on one chance a game for the rest of the season

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:13 pm

Jesus. Its like reading through a bunch of 5 year olds posting on a message board.
First, you need to ask WHY HAS BUTLER IS NOT SCORING? Well the answer to that is NOT down to Butler, it is down to the absolute ABSYMAL service he is receiving. Give him service, he will score goals. End of story.
Second you need to ask WHY WE PLAY SO NEGATIVE? Thats because we do not have enough CREATIVE players to be POSITIVE. Not rocket science is it. End of story.
To continue the story DD will need to get in a decent striker to partner Butler, a creative midfield player to partner Dobson and a couple of wingers to replace the DROSS we currently have playing on the wings.
Remember people, Rome was not built in a day. If come January DD hasnt sorterd this out, fair enough complain. But hey, give the bloke some credit. He is working with the tools he currently has available.

ws3
Glitterati

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:18 pm

Well I've just got back and can only say that what I witnessed tonight left me absolutely furious. As a season ticket holder I accept that I have to pay extra for cup games. Under those circumstances I expect a little honesty from this club of ours. If we didn't want to attempt to win this game then please tell me before I fork out any more money.

I honestly believe that we made no honest effot to win this. After Hereford I thought that we had a t last turned the corner and put the pi$$ poor Macclesfield game behind us. Oh no we hadn't, and served up another spineless, pointless load of tripe tonight and gone is the "aiming for third round" bull$h!t that I was fed.

The only league 2 team to score at Bescot this season happen to be supposedly the worst team. Ha.

Lets all hope that DD was playing cautious with his team selection and tactics and has a master stroke to pull on Saturday. I dearly, dearly hope so but after Torquay and MK Dons I won't hold my breath.

Rant well and truly over.

PS

Sid, if you saved your money tonight, good on ya.

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season