Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

not a good match

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
pleckred66

not a good match

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:58 pm

I dont think we played well tonight, wrighty was off his game so was butler (why take Sam off?) Pead was an idiot, Taylor not a good game, good job Dobson, Dann, Roper and keates, Ince etc were up to scratch or we would have lost I reckon :cry:

ws3
Glitterati

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Possibly the most boring game I have seen on sky for ages. The only way we will score against these is if the replay goes to penalties, and I doubt we would score then.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:06 pm

Pead was poor.
Spent most of the first half slicing the ball out and most of his clearances didn't leave the ground.
His tackle was stupid. It pissed me off even more as i'd been screaming for Ishy to come on through most of the 2nd half and he was warming up just as Pead scythed through their player.

Not a great game.

It says something when the highlight is a load of footballs being booted over the stands and onto the pitch.

BTW, when fool man reads this, you could clearly be heard in the 85th minute "You fool referee!" followed by our fans cheering. :lol:

Can't believe we had to put up with all that crap Merson was waffling on about before the game.
The only consolation was that Jeff Stelling seemed to be taking the piss out of him and Merson was unaware.

newtownal

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:18 pm

Top of the league? We're havin a laugh!
We were cr*p, Good job the opposition were too!

Malla_Saddler

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:21 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:Pead was poor.
Spent most of the first half slicing the ball out and most of his clearances didn't leave the ground.
His tackle was stupid. It pissed me off even more as i'd been screaming for Ishy to come on through most of the 2nd half and he was warming up just as Pead scythed through their player.

Not a great game.

It says something when the highlight is a load of footballs being booted over the stands and onto the pitch.

BTW, when barsteward man reads this, you could clearly be heard in the 85th minute "You barsteward referee!" followed by our fans cheering. :lol:
Can't believe we had to put up with all that crap Merson was waffling on about before the game.
The only consolation was that Jeff Stelling seemed to be taking the piss out of him and Merson was unaware.

thought that was well funny when you heard him shout that to the ref

Mozza_saddler

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:35 pm

Malla_Saddler wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:Pead was poor.

Not a great game.

BTW, when barsteward man reads this, you could clearly be heard in the 85th minute "You barsteward referee!" followed by our fans cheering. :lol:

thought that was well funny when you heard him shout that to the ref

:lol: :lol: the mans a legend

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:41 pm

I heard B@st@rd Man, too.

T'was very funny!!! :lol: :lol:

Return to 2006-07 Season