Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Milton Keynes Dongs (H) League - Saturday 28/10/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:29 am

Stu wrote:Back down to earth with a bump... MK will come with a physical direct game, playing 100 mph, with nothing to lose.

Walsall 1-2 MK Dongs...

Think we're in for a decent crowd though, I think we'll break 7000.

Not so sure, Stu. The one thing no one seems to be taking into account is, not only do they have an extra match this week, it happens to be a massive Cup Tie against Spurs. That could take a lot out of them.

Stu
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:46 am

Can't really see that having much affect to be honest, if we'd been playing them before Spuds, then yes. But as its after Spuds, I can't see it having much of an impact.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:20 am

Well if they pick up a few knocks they only have Thursday and Friday to recover which could prove useful. To be honest I'm past caring about what the opposition have or do, its all about us, if we play to our full potential we will beat anyone in this league. Should we win on Saturday then I'm positive they won't finish above us which IMO will be one of the major threats to a top 3 place removed from the equation.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 am

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
markdon22 wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
markdon22 wrote:Walsall 1 Milton Keynes Dons 1
Butler (pen) Wilbraham

Attendance : 6500+
Away Fans : 1000+

:lol:

well we took near on that to Barnet, so for a top of the league game there is no reason why we can't bring that many.

how many does your away stand hold anyway.

1900 my friend, you going to fill it ? haha.

Ill tell you know, whatever we have , we will fill at your place.

He's already said he thinks they'll bring 1000 (I don't think they'll be far off to be honest). They couldn't have 1900 seats because they're in the Banks's stand this week and have 1100 tickets.

We haven't been anywhere near to filling their place in the past either and I don't think we will this season despite our good away followings.

a) it's too expensive
b) it's a open end and you could get pissed on
c) we've been there a lot in recent years so it won't be a new ground
d) they're a cheating, dispicable excuse for a club and a lot of people don't want to put money into their coffers on reasons of principle.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:07 am

I take reason D as my answer, although i haven't been previous seasons either because of it, so i may just go this season, if i can save enough money for some beer in london

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:25 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:We haven't been anywhere near to filling their place in the past either and I don't think we will this season despite our good away followings.

a) it's too expensive
b) it's a open end and you could get pissed on
c) we've been there a lot in recent years so it won't be a new ground
d) they're a cheating, dispicable excuse for a club and a lot of people don't want to put money into their coffers on reasons of principle.

All good reasons, especially (d). In addition, how about:

(e) If I wanted to go visit a Hockey stadium, I'd take up watching hockey
(f) They're a cheating, dispicable excuse for a club and a lot of people don't want to put money into their coffers on reasons of principle
(g) It's in Milton Keynes - apologies Stu!
(h) They're a cheating, dispicable excuse for a club and a lot of people don't want to put money into their coffers on reasons of principle
(i) Their attempt at atmosphere involves banging on corrugated iron repeatedly, and is about as plastic as the club
(j) They're a cheating, dispicable excuse for a club and a lot of people don't want to put money into their coffers on reasons of principle

I think that covers it. :twisted:

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:04 pm

Exile wrote:MK residents will embrace pretty much anything to make their tedious existence more bearable, so they'll come in their droves to spend some time away from the soulless concrete hole they inhabit. He's optimistic with the score though!

As an MK resident i'd appreciate it if you didn't lump us all in the same boat as the Dongs "fans".
We have a population of over a quarter of a million and only a measly 5 or 6k of them spend their Saturdays at the NHS.

As for the game i think we'll win but it could be a close encounter.
Their away record is better than their home one and they have a knack of coming from behind and scoring late goals.
Our games over the last few seasons have been in the main very close.

AC, i'm surprised you have to ask the question!! (although you're probably joking)

I completely agree with what has been said about the Dongs. I've never been to any match at the NHS except the Walsall ones. I can see what people say about giving them money but i'd rather our team had fans backing them and come away with 3 points.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:12 pm

MK Fries with a 1000 fans :D

Stu
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:41 pm

King Crimson wrote:

Eh... Don't go confusing my nice little market town (Hitchin) with that concrete hell hole, its a good 35 miles away from me fortunately.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:14 pm

Stu wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Eh... Don't go confusing my nice little market town (Hitchin) with that concrete hell hole, its a good 35 miles away from me fortunately.

Glad to hear it. Did I make it up, or did your location used to read 'Milton Keynes'? I knew you were in those there parts. :?

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:44 am

My abject apologies to saddlersteve. I should have been more specific, and said "residents of MK who support the Franchise will... etc.". Sorry mate. :D

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:25 am

Exile wrote:My abject apologies to saddlersteve. I should have been more specific, and said "residents of MK who support the Franchise will... etc.". Sorry mate. :D

No harm done Exile.
I just get a bit peeved when the place is ridiculed by people who have either only seen the outside of the train station and the NHS or people who haven't been here and are just trotting out the usual misconceptions!

Anyway i hope we stuff em as it'll be mine and my brothers first home game of the season and i don't wanna be labelled as a jinx! :lol:

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:29 am

SaddlerSteve wrote:
Exile wrote:My abject apologies to saddlersteve. I should have been more specific, and said "residents of MK who support the Franchise will... etc.". Sorry mate. :D

No harm done Exile.
I just get a bit peeved when the place is ridiculed by people who have either only seen the outside of the train station and the NHS or people who haven't been here and are just trotting out the usual misconceptions!

Anyway i hope we stuff em as it'll be mine and my brothers first home game of the season and i don't wanna be labelled as a jinx! :lol:

Well, I've walked around the centre, been through it by narrowboat and driven around it and think the ridicule is perfectly justified!

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:44 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:

No harm done Exile.

Well, I've walked around the centre, been through it by narrowboat and driven around it and think the ridicule is perfectly justified!

It's like many of the places in this country. There are good areas and bad area's.
Incidentally they are building their new stadium in one of the roughest area's of the city.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:37 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:AC, i'm surprised you have to ask the question!! (although you're probably joking)

Of course I was!

...wasn't I? :wink:

Pelsall_Saddler

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:56 pm

How come you have a strange liking for MK anyway AC??

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:59 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Stu wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Glad to hear it. Did I make it up, or did your location used to read 'Milton Keynes'? I knew you were in those there parts. :?

You most definitely made it up... I moved straight to Hitchin from Sheffield.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Stu wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Stu wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

You most definitely made it up... I moved straight to Hitchin from Sheffield.

Hitchin is closer to Luton than MK anyway and Luton is a right hole! :lol:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:02 pm

Stu wrote:You most definitely made it up....

No change there, then. :D

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:52 am

It is going to be a tough game i think, they had a poor result last saturday, and a tonking last night, the reporter on Five live made me smile, when he said, "They gave it a real go" Just as well then !

But they will be well up for saturday, first goal is important, as it was against wycombe.

I really think this is the week that our clean sheet record goes,

Walsall 2 We're not a real club anyway 2

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:50 am

Walsall 2
MK Dons 0 (might need to highlight this to see the MK Dons score 8) )

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:06 am

2 nil to Walsall.

Tough game, but we are top for a reason.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:42 am

Perhaps our toughest home test of the season. 1-1 draw.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:36 am

Rushall Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:17 am

2 - 1 to the Saddlers for me.

Butler returns to the scoresheet anda rare Gerrard goal.

Wilbraham for them, just because we've got the same first name! :D

matty_walsall4eva
UTS Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:23 am

2-1 to Walsall

Butler to score the winner

rugeleysaddler77

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:22 am

2-0 for me :)

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:01 pm

My eyes and ears at the Match tell me the first half was dire, with an inablility of a number of players to stay on their feet.

I also hear that Leamore is looking to join the MWAS :wink:

Come on Dickie - sort them out. Second half stormer?

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 pm

0 - 0

Damn!

Still a clean sheet though!

An afternoon playing Wizard of Oz with a 3 year old was not a bad side to the deal after all :?

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Mick Kearns seemed to think we shouldn't be too disappointed. Sounded like they had more chances.
Off the top though, same GD as Lincoln but they've scored more goals. Pity Wycombe got a late winner.

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season