Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Accrington Stanley (A) League - Saturday 21/10/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:49 pm

What I like about being crap in this division is that everyone else is too, and all the managers are frustrated because of the limits within which they have to work. Accy are lucky to be in the league with facilities like theirs, and ought to be grateful that they can play games against teams like ours, slumming it for a while due to past indiscretions. Their managers bilious attack is understandable - he's jealous, as he's got no money and he's got no pitch to play decent footie on.

We might be a pub team of cloggers, but our pub team of cloggers is better than theirs, and that's all it has to be.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:02 pm

futuresobright wrote:Agreed - I hope that DD has the nous to recognise the weaknesses in the team and deal with them when we're out of the division of death. Still, I reckon that the current squad is good enough to stay upin the division above with a competent manager.

Just goes to show the managerial qualities of the previous incumbent doesn't it.[/quote]

[quote has been moderated for language]

Sad that the last paragraph sees contributors to this site yet again bring shame by association on Walsall Football Club with their ignorant bile.

Equally sad that the weaknesses referred to in the first paragraph relate almost entirely to players DD himself has recrutied. Noticeable that only two of his 'additions' started the game, and only one, Ince, finished. The fact that Ince was atrocious serves to highlight how just much our standards have dropped in recent months. Just imagine how a Walsall side including Fryatt, Leitao, Bennett, Oakes and a fully fit Wrack, Nicholls and Merson would be doing in this joke of a league. Let's hope when Bonser allows DD to stengthen the team he makes a better fist of it than he did with his close season captures.

What a load of sh!te if you dont mind me saying.
Ince - atrocious, can I ask how you actually formed this opinion? Not only today but also all seaso. The bloke has been outstanding!
And has for the last bit about DD, get a grip you stupid idiot. Martin Butler, Dobson, Ince, Sam, you telling me they have not improved Walsall FC?
I honestly wonder with posts like this, if you are just a wind up merchant, or more likely a stupid prat of the highest order.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:04 pm

[quote="futuresobright"]Agreed - I hope that DD has the nous to recognise the weaknesses in the team and deal with them when we're out of the division of death. Still, I reckon that the current squad is good enough to stay upin the division above with a competent manager.

Just goes to show the managerial qualities of the previous incumbent doesn't it.[/quote]

Sad that the last paragraph sees contributors to this site yet again bring shame by association on Walsall Football Club with their ignorant bile.

Equally sad that the weaknesses referred to in the first paragraph relate almost entirely to players DD himself has recrutied. Noticeable that only two of his 'additions' started the game, and only one, Ince, finished. The fact that Ince was atrocious serves to highlight how just much our standards have dropped in recent months. Just imagine how a Walsall side including Fryatt, Leitao, Bennett, Oakes and a fully fit Wrack, Nicholls and Merson would be doing in this joke of a league. Let's hope when Bonser allows DD to stengthen the team he makes a better fist of it than he did with his close season captures.[/quote

WHAT AN UTTER COMPLETE LOAD OF CRAP!!

RED 5
UTS Veteran

Location: CHEADLE HULME,CHEADLE ROYAL OR CHEADLE TOWN OR CHEADLE WITH A C

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:08 pm

Excellent win! :D

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:09 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:
futuresobright wrote:Agreed - I hope that DD has the nous to recognise the weaknesses in the team and deal with them when we're out of the division of death. Still, I reckon that the current squad is good enough to stay upin the division above with a competent manager.

Equally sad that the weaknesses referred to in the first paragraph relate almost entirely to players DD himself has recrutied. Noticeable that only two of his 'additions' started the game, and only one, Ince, finished. The fact that Ince was atrocious serves to highlight how just much our standards have dropped in recent months. Just imagine how a Walsall side including Fryatt, Leitao, Bennett, Oakes and a fully fit Wrack, Nicholls and Merson would be doing in this joke of a league. Let's hope when Bonser allows DD to stengthen the team he makes a better fist of it than he did with his close season captures.[/quote

WHAT AN UTTER COMPLETE LOAD OF CRAP!!

Which is all that we EVER get through futuresobright's absolutely lunatic posts ! :twisted:

kevin
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:12 pm

You won't do that trip in 100 minutes,even on a good day. The hold up was caused by a minorish shunt on the motorway.

Leaning on the breeze block wall along side the pitch,took me back to Fellows Park. Lets not all get too high and mighty,eh.

liamrowc52
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:16 pm

Equally sad that the weaknesses referred to in the first paragraph relate almost entirely to players DD himself has recrutied. Noticeable that only two of his 'additions' started the game, and only one, Ince, finished. The fact that Ince was atrocious serves to highlight how just much our standards have dropped in recent months. Just imagine how a Walsall side including Fryatt, Leitao, Bennett, Oakes and a fully fit Wrack, Nicholls and Merson would be doing in this joke of a league. Let's hope when Bonser allows DD to stengthen the team he makes a better fist of it than he did with his close season captures.
You seem to forget merson played at tamworth and wasnt good enough, i went to his debut game and he was worse than when he played at walsall, do you know why, because they didnt have the players to carry the big fat pice of cack barclays. and if you dont like the way dd is manageing the team by all means piss off and support the next club to mistakenly appoint the twerp, but by all means stay if you want to say one thing thats possative,

sorry for my language,

kevin
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:17 pm

PT wrote: you forget to mention the stick-on pen for them before our first goal.

100 percent correct.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:20 pm

liamrowc52 wrote:

You seem to forget merson played at tamworth and wasnt good enough, i went to his debut game and he was worse than when he played at walsall, do you know why, because they didnt have the players to carry the big fat pice of **** winker. and if you dont like the way dd is manageing the team by all means piss off and support the next club to mistakenly appoint the ****, but by all means stay if you want to say one thing thats possative,

sorry for my language,

No need to apologise for your language mate. Its completely understandable when you are dealing with such idiots.

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:28 pm

I've said many times on this board , you don't have to play like Brazil to win this league. What you have to be is organised , disciplined and hard to beat with 100% commitment thanks to DD thats what Walsall Football Club are now and long may it continue .

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:30 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:I've said many times on this board , you don't have to play like Brazil to win this league. What you have to be is organised , disciplined and hard to beat with 100% commitment thanks to DD thats what Walsall Football Club are now and long may it continue .

Well said that man. And also the players are fit!

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:32 pm

When we had the poll,most of you didn't think FSB was Merson.but the bloke is such a poor wind-up and useless arguer,that I think he could be the idiot himself.

mahabharatsaddler

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:36 pm

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:41 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:I've said many times on this board , you don't have to play like Brazil to win this league. What you have to be is organised , disciplined and hard to beat with 100% commitment thanks to DD thats what Walsall Football Club are now and long may it continue .

Well said that man. And also the players are fit!

spot on Sheff , they actually train now , on a pitch not in the boozer :wink:

liamrowc52
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:42 pm

The players DD has brought in are better than the ones brought in last season, even though now we are fighting for promotion insted of succsessive religation. that much is obviouse

our main weekness's on the pitch last season were in goal, and up front when merson decided to sell our two best strikers(i think for bungs). we replaced them with ince, argubly the best goal keeper since merson was appointed as full time manager, (when jimmy left), and martin butlar who has been emense,

when we havent looked good this season we kept points, accept for the grimsbury game, enfact such is the quality of the leage we are in we play crap and win!....

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:42 pm

Played awful and won, ill take that. this voctory more than any other for me underlines that we have what it takes to cruise through this league.

BJ

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:53 pm

Time and time again managers say we are 'nothing special'. Well, look at the table boys. This is a cack division and we are probably the best team in it. It's simple stuff. We have a decent squad with some talented players and DD is getting the best out of them. We might be 'nothing special' but we are just about the best team at the moment. If we weren't we would not keep winning - would we?

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:01 pm

One thing you need in this division is organisation.
And discipline...

The two things you need in this division are organisation and discipline.
And 100% commitment...

THREE things you need in this division are organisation, discipline, 100% commitment and clinical finishing in front of goal...

I'll just go out and come back in again...

NO-ONE expects Dicky Dosh's Barmy Army!
Last edited by WarsawPact on Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:19 pm

Obviously he did not see oakes on tuesday, and merson...he can even pronounce players names of sky sports news.

What a wazzock.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:35 am

I know you are a wind up, and sadly it works, cos every bit of rubbish out of your mouth , gets right up my nose.

You, just like your favourite man seem to think football management is just about signing players, not having a balanced team, tweaking things, getting the best out of the players. Oh and what is that thing they do now, erm on weekdays.... oh yeah training , forgive me i almost forgot, as it became a thing of the past last season.

Merson signed about 93 players, so sure he got a few right, well done old pal have a pat on the back.

DD signed relitavely few players, but they where players that actually fitted into the positions he felt needed strengthening.

Ince, a master stroke in my opinion, i had my doubts, and i was wrong, got to be a canditate for player of the season already surely. Also a position Merson signed umpteen players , and failed to get one half decent one to fill the goals

Dobson, Midfield general, been a while since we had one of those isn't it ?

Butler, wow rocket science, a proven striker, a player to fill the whole of Fryatt, of course not as good, but doing a sterling job for us, and signing a player of his quality last season, instead of fluttering all the fryatt money away on useless loan players, and the wheelbarrowman, may well have saved his job, but he didn't thank god

You getting the message yet ? No you will just Disappear convieniently , cos you have no answers, until another chance to pop in and have your silly little say comes about

sid swifty
Glitterati

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:37 am

I went to a family do last night and was speaking to my brother who went to accy yesterday...and he said when the crowd was announced (3.000 & whatever) they also announced how many walsall fans were there and the accy fans gave that a round of applause to...so it doesn't take much to please them does it... :D

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:46 am

What has been the norm for our away performances this season continued again yesterday and it is little wonder that when you read the oppositions comments they always feel that they have been the better team and deserved more out of the game just because we choose to get all eleven men behind the ball when they attack. It looks like this type of choking performance will continue to get results against the dross in this division and whilst we all wish for exciting extravagant football no one can complain at the relentless manner in which we continue to collect points. I was a little worried by Accringtons form upto this game and felt that we might end up losing this match but once again DD's away game plan reduced the opposition to a few scary moments and thanks to the generosity of the referee on numerous occasions an endless succession of decisions in 'their' favour. Watching Walsall I often look at the oppositions best players with a view to them being better than the equivalent players in our team and on this occasion not one of them could have replaced any in our team despite some very average displays.
As a quick aside, why do so many fans after travelling 100 plus miles prefer to queue for chips and burgers rather than watch the game, judging by the size of a few of them they could have survived at least a 90 day famine rather than the 90 minutes of the game. One other incident of note was watching some thick idiot of a policeman attempting to lecture a few of our fans infront of me who were shouting out an innocent catchphrase from a popular tv programme, although one of the fans, who resembled a Smeg fridge with a beard, did appear to be doing his best to antagonise said policeman and his Asian partner with a poor burka impression. Perhaps he should just have stuck to rutting his lookalike mate[but smaller in the fridge department] who joined him at halftime, they obviously havn't heard of shaking hands :lol:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:41 am

Gary and the magic scarf :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:43 am

Cully wrote:What has been the norm for our away performances this season continued again yesterday and it is little wonder that when you read the oppositions comments they always feel that they have been the better team and deserved more out of the game just because we choose to get all eleven men behind the ball when they attack. It looks like this type of choking performance will continue to get results against the dross in this division and whilst we all wish for exciting extravagant football no one can complain at the relentless manner in which we continue to collect points. I was a little worried by Accringtons form upto this game and felt that we might end up losing this match but once again DD's away game plan reduced the opposition to a few scary moments and thanks to the generosity of the referee on numerous occasions an endless succession of decisions in 'their' favour. Watching Walsall I often look at the oppositions best players with a view to them being better than the equivalent players in our team and on this occasion not one of them could have replaced any in our team despite some very average displays.
As a quick aside, why do so many fans after travelling 100 plus miles prefer to queue for chips and burgers rather than watch the game, judging by the size of a few of them they could have survived at least a 90 day famine rather than the 90 minutes of the game. One other incident of note was watching some thick idiot of a policeman attempting to lecture a few of our fans infront of me who were shouting out an innocent catchphrase from a popular tv programme, although one of the fans, who resembled a Smeg fridge with a beard, did appear to be doing his best to antagonise said policeman and his Asian partner with a poor burka impression. Perhaps he should just have stuck to rutting his lookalike mate[but smaller in the fridge department] who joined him at halftime, they obviously havn't heard of shaking hands :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D Ive never been called a smeg fridge

and hold the friggidy on! im not fat!

merse-iah's disciple

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:29 am

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
Cully wrote:What has been the norm for our away performances this season continued again yesterday and it is little wonder that when you read the oppositions comments they always feel that they have been the better team and deserved more out of the game just because we choose to get all eleven men behind the ball when they attack. It looks like this type of choking performance will continue to get results against the dross in this division and whilst we all wish for exciting extravagant football no one can complain at the relentless manner in which we continue to collect points. I was a little worried by Accringtons form upto this game and felt that we might end up losing this match but once again DD's away game plan reduced the opposition to a few scary moments and thanks to the generosity of the referee on numerous occasions an endless succession of decisions in 'their' favour. Watching Walsall I often look at the oppositions best players with a view to them being better than the equivalent players in our team and on this occasion not one of them could have replaced any in our team despite some very average displays.

:D :D :D :D :D :D Ive never been called a smeg fridge

and hold the friggidy on! im not fat!

I thought Ads was the Smeg frdge and you were his lookalike, smaller mate! And to think Jazz has already got a mention on UTS - albeit as Ads's "partner"!!!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:34 am

No, thatd be incest!

She should be honoured mate!

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:49 pm

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11913

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:01 pm

Cully wrote:One other incident of note was watching some thick idiot of a policeman attempting to lecture a few of our fans infront of me who were shouting out an innocent catchphrase from a popular tv programme, although one of the fans, who resembled a Smeg fridge with a beard, did appear to be doing his best to antagonise said policeman and his Asian partner with a poor burka impression. Perhaps he should just have stuck to rutting his lookalike mate[but smaller in the fridge department] who joined him at halftime, they obviously havn't heard of shaking hands :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I drunkenly mention it taken from a BBC programme enough times? You are The Hole in the Ring. :lol:

The scarf kept going up because the copper had actually said "some grounds would throw you out for wearing that". That was before it was even worn over his face.

Anyway, copy and paste my reports from any other random away game thread - Played poorly, won. 3 points, job done, one step closer to the prize.

I really expected a lot more from Accrington. I saw them on TV against Forest in the cup and they played good stuff and their home form was good.

But after the game seeing what I had seen, which as a very non league outfit, I don't know how Coleman has got the nerve to say what he did.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:03 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Cully wrote:One other incident of note was watching some thick idiot of a policeman attempting to lecture a few of our fans infront of me who were shouting out an innocent catchphrase from a popular tv programme, although one of the fans, who resembled a Smeg fridge with a beard, did appear to be doing his best to antagonise said policeman and his Asian partner with a poor burka impression. Perhaps he should just have stuck to rutting his lookalike mate[but smaller in the fridge department] who joined him at halftime, they obviously havn't heard of shaking hands :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I drunkenly mention it taken from a BBC programme enough times? You are The Hole in the Ring. :lol:

The scarf kept going up because the copper had actually said "some grounds would throw you out for wearing that". That was before it was even worn over his face.

Anyway, copy and paste my reports from any other random away game thread - Played poorly, won. 3 points, job done, one step closer to the prize.

I really expected a lot more from Accrington. I saw them on TV against Forest in the cup and they played good stuff and their home form was good.

But after the game seeing what I had seen, which as a very non league outfit, I don't know how Coleman has got the nerve to say what he did

Reading the posts this weekend, I got the impression that a lot of people thought Accy were good enough to deserve a point, and gave us a scare.

I've been wondering just what game they were watching to be honest MMF, so it's good to read that your good self saw what I saw, a very rough and ready team.

IMHO they were a rough and ready outfit, performing on an even more rough and ready pitch against a team way above them in class, and capable of raising our game to accommodate whatever they might have managed to throw at us.

Their manager is either blind, stupid, perhaps both, and a total embarrassment to come on the radio ranting and raving like that about his team that "should be top of the league"!

He is joking isn't he, tell me he isn't serious ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season