Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wycombe (H) League - Saturday 14/10/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:20 pm

WS1 wrote:
Stan P wrote:Geoff this linesman Mr Dexter has something against Walsall few years back opening day against Rotherham which we won 3-2 Jummy saved a penalty from Mark Robbins this same linesman flagged and said Jimmy moved had to be retaken and hence Mark Robbins but we had the last laugh we won 3-2. The ref yesterday was terrible what do you expect from a clay head?

Have you calmed down yet pal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Has he still got no suntan cream

WS1
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:22 pm

Dave Roe wrote:Somebody told me that at half time one of their players went up to the linesman, shook his hand and then they hugged :shock: No wonder all decisions went their way.

I'm sure Mooney had a direct line to the referee, everytime there was a challenge the ref would look like he was about to play on until Mooney shouted and hey presto the ref blew up. Who was running the game ref, you or the bald one ?

I was speaking to UCOW at half time and couldn't believe when he said Keates was habing a mare :shock: We all have players we don't appreciate as much but come on, Keates was inspired this afternoon.

Saigon summed it up for me after the game. He said we just drag these teams on, beat them, and then shout "Next" and drag the next team on. We are getting so efficient at beating teams without really dominating the games. Fair play, let's get the job done and get out og the God forsaken league.

Also what was up with Westwood ? We saw him driving into the carpark at 2:45.

Dave he got injured at Chester but due to us using all our subs he had to hobble on up front, that did not help him and I for one was not suprised when he was not on the team sheet for the Wycombe game.

WS1
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:25 pm

Pedro wrote:
WS1 wrote:
Stan P wrote:Geoff this linesman Mr Dexter has something against Walsall few years back opening day against Rotherham which we won 3-2 Jummy saved a penalty from Mark Robbins this same linesman flagged and said Jimmy moved had to be retaken and hence Mark Robbins but we had the last laugh we won 3-2. The ref yesterday was terrible what do you expect from a clay head?

He's doing my head in :wink: ranting at the refs every game :lol:

Suntan cream has been put away with his shampoo being has he ay got that much hair !!!! :wink:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:35 pm

WS1 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
WS1 wrote:

He's doing my head in :wink: ranting at the refs every game :lol:

Suntan cream has been put away with his shampoo being has he ay got that much hair !!!! :wink:

Maybe he is getting old. He'll be taking a blanket to the matches soon :wink:

WS1
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:46 pm

No comment on that Pedro, I'm in enough trouble already :lol:

He was tempted not to take me to Chester after me taking the pee :wink:

Stan P

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:49 pm

ive got to be careful what i say coz WS1 is doing the driving this week but i aint that old but WS1 will be picking up his pension way before me :lol:

Stan P

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:50 pm

the ref was a prize master :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:44 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:One word - Machine.

Explains it all really.

It doesn't explain anything for me. :wink: :D

A good performance where most raised their game which was needed to see Wycombe off.

It was another of those home games where it was difficult to chose a MOTM because of the number of contenders but I thought Dann was awesome, and only 19. I wonder how long it is before we sell him for £50,000? :roll:

The bandwagon rolls on. Here's to another performance like that at Accy next week and we can nick a due away win. However I must say I'd be happy with a point and people should be patient up there because they're a decent side, unbeaten in 7 and it won't be easy just because of who they are.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:31 pm

Lets face it, yesterday simple proved and underlined, that Walsall FC are deserveably top of the league.
We were awesome from start to finish.
Special mention to Dann and Keates, they were both fantastic.
Cant really say a lot more, expect I look forward to watching us more and more each week.
We are nearly as good as the Chelsea :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:One word - Machine.

Explains it all really.

It doesn't explain anything for me. :wink: :D

Yeah - best add the words "well-oiled", although as we're talking Metfan, it ought to be V8, where the guts of the machine is on a lean.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:23 pm

Your all comedians on here arent you?

Theres no way im gonna even reveal any details, of the new girl, cos your all gonna have a field day. Ba*****s

sj
Site Addict

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:26 pm

METFAN-- I take it the boys on here know her then :?:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:33 pm

sj wrote:METFAN-- I take it the boys on here know her then :?:

Nope! :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:42 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Your all comedians on here arent you?

Theres no way im gonna even reveal any details, of the new girl, cos your all gonna have a field day. Ba*****s

One word. Ginger.

Does that explain it all? :lol:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:47 pm

Exile wrote:

One word. Ginger.

Does that explain it all? :lol:

6"1' man I bet

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:57 pm

You lot have to be professional comedians ? surely?

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:00 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:You lot have to be professional comedians ? surely?

Pay no attention to the nasty people, if you need a friend to lean on, let me know. :wink:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:12 pm

aldridge steve wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:You lot have to be professional comedians ? surely?

Pay no attention to the nasty people, if you need a friend to lean on, let me know. :wink:

I didn't know that you were that way inclined, Steve. :D

(Still, at least it keeps you both "in the pink", so to speak!)

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:17 pm

Get yer coats and slope off, the pair of you.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:35 pm

Hmm.....................I was trying to work in a post about our former manager, Ray Gradient.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:23 am

Leamore Saddler wrote:Hmm.....................I was trying to work in a post about our former manager, Ray Gradient.

Hm-m-m, bend over and I'll show you how to "work-in" a post, a FENCE post ! :lol:

Stu
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:55 am

Wycome fan at work emailed me this just;

"Generally we got what we deserved, without Easter and Torres we are not a particularly good or effective team.
The WW perspective is that 1st half we were slightly hard done by to go down 1-0 but Stockley goofed, and we didn’t really have the cutting edge to hurt a well organised, disciplined but not inspiring Walsall."

Quite a good description of us to be honest, "organised, disciplined but not inspiring"... It'll do me after the last two seasons.

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 am

I notice on the OS that the possesion percentages were 70/30 in Wycombe's favour???
I can believe that they had more of the play, but I didn't thing it was by that much!

Purple Stand Pigeon

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:19 am

Another one? It doesn't take long for em to find you out does it? ;)

You've gotta stop wearing those yga sweat bands, it's making them think they've got a Daffydd on the cards. :lol:

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:19 am

WarsawPact wrote:I notice on the OS that the possesion percentages were 70/30 in Wycombe's favour???
I can believe that they had more of the play, but I didn't thing it was by that much!

At half time, BBC text commentary said it was 79/21 in Wycombe's favour. Fulltime, 70/30.

Stu
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:55 am

*cough cough*

You may choose not to reveal any details, but I may choose to. I'll have to see if I've still got that pic you sent me, not the one with the legs akimbo, the 'nice' one though.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:16 pm

Stu wrote:

*cough cough*

You may choose not to reveal any details, but I may choose to. I'll have to see if I've still got that pic you sent me, not the one with the legs akimbo, the 'nice' one though.

Damn, i forgot about that! :shock:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:17 pm

Purple Stand Pigeon wrote:

Another one? It doesn't take long for em to find you out does it? ;)

You've gotta stop wearing those yga sweat bands, it's making them think they've got a Daffydd on the cards. :lol:

No its not them, its you and bloody harper talking balls! lmfao! :lol:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:38 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Dazs secret souther clunge pictures

Cannot wait!

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:51 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Stu wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:He had one little jinky run late on but a few occasions he could have really run at their full back and he opted to slow down and stop before playing the ball inside, which led to a loss if attacking impetus. Maybe he is still getting back from his surgery but I am hoping there is much more to come from him.

That's possibly a bit harsh given the context of the situation. We were 2-0 up, and they had just thrown on an extra striker. I wouldn't have thought DD would have sent Bedeau onto the pitch telling him to run at defenders, and put loads of crosses in - he was put on the pitch to preserve our 2-0 lead by keeping the ball and working hard to defend when required. I think he did both of those fairly well.

Spot on I thought, I thought Bedeau was quite clever actually. Ran into space, made himself available and slowed the game down.

Exactly, DD knew what he wanted, and Bedeau did the necessary.

Kinsella too, it was obvious we were losing the midfield and wasting too much possession, inviting pressure and probably an equaliser. So DD brought on MK, immediately the ball stuck with us much better, and the goal was the icing on the cake.

You could look at the text that I sent to Dave Dean from my mobile when MK came on, it said that DD was obviously worried about keeping the ball more, which is why that substitution happened. Dave will no doubt confirm what I've said when he returns from Wales.

So don't expect that a substitution with a winger means we are going to attack more, you have to consider the changes in the context of what is happening, and at that time we were two up and needing to consolidate.

I'd say that Bedeau followed instructions from DD, and did a decent job.

I can comfirm geoffs txt , thats exactly what he said , is also comfirms what a great manager we have in DD. how he can change a game time and time again . Another fantastic result our home record continues bring on the Dons.
Thanks geoff and Dave G. for keeping me updated on saturday. Believe it or not Mrs Dean and I were sitting on black rock beach in glourious sunshine me proudly wear my Walsall shirt, later that evening we found a spar shop that sold Banks's so we were able to celebrate in style :wink:
UTS

PreviousNext
Return to 2006-07 Season