Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chester (A) League - Friday 6/10/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:43 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:I'm all for complaining (:D you should know by now :D) but only when there is cause. I really don't see a cause at the moment.

You may remember I was critical after Barnet and Grimsby because we weren't playing well. To be honest I don't think we've improved much since then and yes there is certainly a margin for improvment. However performances only matter when results don't go your way and I've since decided that the division is that poor that we seem to able to play below par and still not lose.

If we lose or fail to beat MK Dons and Wycombe then things might be different and I would like to see how we react to a couple of losses but we'll wait until that happens.

Otherwise we are top, have remained top and as long as we don't lose too many (only one so far) then we will stay there or thereabouts and possibly improve when Wrack, Nicholls are fully fit and in the squad because Sam and Bedeau aren't up to it unless someone puts pressure on them.

To be honest Mark, I think from Barnet and Grimsby weve done well. There is always room for improvement (especially away) but I think were going in the right direction.

Cully
Site Addict

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:55 pm

Bernie wrote:
Geordiesaddler wrote:Have a moan about poor performances to your hearts content if that's what turns you on so but I can remember how counter-productive such moaning was under Lee and the consequenses of it, .

What do you mean by counter-productive? Are you saying that what is written on here has an effect on the team? Do you believe that if we criticise the team that is somehow going to make them play worse? Can you explain? Exactly how did people moaning on this board about Lee have any consequences? Are you saying that Bonser sacked Lee because of things written on this board?

Perhaps that is behind all this "stop moaning and get behind the lads" rubbish. This is just a messageboard for people to write what they want about all things WFC. Nothing we write on here is going to be counter-productive or even productive. It is just words, opinions, hot air. No reason to get all cranky about it.

:lol: Well said Bernie. It seems that we are going to have to suffer floods of tears if the reaction to this teams performance is anything other than in glowing terms. It's a pity that it produces an illogical knee jerk defensive reaction from some posters and I note that Geordie has attempted the most tortuous of arguaments involving tenuous links to booing, Colin Lee, Paul Merson and the league above non of which are remotely relavent to the performance of the team on Friday night which was poor.

There may well be many reasons for this, the weather, the opposition, the load moaning coming from the stands resulting in the mitigating circumstances claimed for the players and management team, who cares? our game was crap, the performance appalling but the result excellent.

I all look forward to the next game as always, we're top of the league, 100% home record, only one loss and we played crap at Chester, try arguing with that or to paraphrase Geordies own ditty 'why don't you stop moaning at posters and forgeting about the facts'

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:06 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote: Its not so much the moaning on here but the booing and moaning at games which is surely counter-productive??

Just to play devil's advocate for a mo. I've only heard us booed once this season - at half time against Mansfield. The result? We score 4 goals in the second half and perform significantly better. :?

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:23 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Geordiesaddler wrote:I can't honestly believe prople think this team and manager would struggle in the division above

Unbelievable isn't it?

But for me it is completely irrelevant. Who gives a cack whether we would be winning in the division above? We're not in the division above. Worry about that when we get there and not before.

After watching 2 league 1 games on sky over the weekend , we have nothing to worry about , next season :D

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:03 pm

Cully wrote:
Bernie wrote:
Geordiesaddler wrote:Have a moan about poor performances to your hearts content if that's what turns you on so but I can remember how counter-productive such moaning was under Lee and the consequenses of it, .

What do you mean by counter-productive? Are you saying that what is written on here has an effect on the team? Do you believe that if we criticise the team that is somehow going to make them play worse? Can you explain? Exactly how did people moaning on this board about Lee have any consequences? Are you saying that Bonser sacked Lee because of things written on this board?

Perhaps that is behind all this "stop moaning and get behind the lads" rubbish. This is just a messageboard for people to write what they want about all things WFC. Nothing we write on here is going to be counter-productive or even productive. It is just words, opinions, hot air. No reason to get all cranky about it.

:lol: Well said Bernie. It seems that we are going to have to suffer floods of tears if the reaction to this teams performance is anything other than in glowing terms. It's a pity that it produces an illogical knee jerk defensive reaction from some posters and I note that Geordie has attempted the most tortuous of arguaments involving tenuous links to booing, Colin Lee, Paul Merson and the league above non of which are remotely relavent to the performance of the team on Friday night which was poor.

There may well be many reasons for this, the weather, the opposition, the load moaning coming from the stands resulting in the mitigating circumstances claimed for the players and management team, who cares? our game was crap, the performance appalling but the result excellent.

I all look forward to the next game as always, we're top of the league, 100% home record, only one loss and we played crap at Chester, try arguing with that or to paraphrase Geordies own ditty 'why don't you stop moaning at posters and forgeting about the facts'

Hmmm an interesting method Cully, sort of, "if you can't convince...confuse". Really don't know what you are talking about now, but so long as your happy who am I to disagree.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:48 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:
Bernie wrote:
Geordiesaddler wrote:moaning hurt us in the past.

whatver we moan about doesn't matter

we might be crap but we won.

stuff that

Stop moaning and get behind the lads. :mrgreen:

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:25 am

Or in other words A DAB STOPED NIGGLE THEM AND SHOT INN.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:32 am

Geordiesaddler wrote:Or in other words A DAB STOPED NIGGLE THEM AND SHOT INN.

There's got to a be a good dingle anagram in there somewhere. :P

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season