Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury (A) League - Tuesday 26/09/06.

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Eli_B

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:02 pm

aldridge steve wrote:Can you say that again Eli? :lol:

If you want to Steve - maybe not with the web browser that i'm using!! :lol:

Bernie
UTS Legend

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:24 pm

Stu wrote:
Bernie wrote:Another poor performance. We may be top of the league but if we continue play like we did tonight and on Saturday we will not even be in the top half of the table at the end of the season.

£50 to a charity of your choice would say 35 more performances like that and we'll be in the automatic promotion slot.

If you really think that 35 more performances like those at Bristol and Shrewsbury would win promotion then I have to disagree with you. We were a bit better on Tuesday, but based on the two performances as a whole we would sink down the fourth division like a stone at that level of mediocrity. Do you really think that we could win automatic promotion with the level of abysmal rubbish we turned out against Bristol? We hardly made a pass all day.

Of course I would rather Walsall play badly and win than play well and lose. My point is that over the long run if you play badly you will lose more than you win.

I hope that we will return to the better level of performance we have seen this season including against Stockport, Lincoln, Peterborough, Plymouth and Bolton. In those matches we showed the ability to play well enough to gain automatic promotion.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:55 pm

Bernie wrote:
Stu wrote:
Bernie wrote:Another poor performance. We may be top of the league but if we continue play like we did tonight and on Saturday we will not even be in the top half of the table at the end of the season.

£50 to a charity of your choice would say 35 more performances like that and we'll be in the automatic promotion slot.

If you really think that 35 more performances like those at Bristol and Shrewsbury would win promotion then I have to disagree with you.

Bernie the two performances at Bristol and Shrewsbury were no better than Barnet and was a lot better than the first 45 at Lincoln.

Guess the link. We picked up at least a point in all of those games.

This division isn't good at all. It can't be, we're not playing well but still picking up points. It's all very well saying if we continue to play like this we won't do anything.........but we are continuing to play like it and still picking up points.

It keeps being repeated but no one seems to be paying attention...win at home and draw away and you get promoted. FACT. Pick up the odd away win which we are doing so there is less pressue at home and we're ahead of target.

Yes, there is room for improvement and I can understand most of the constructive critism which I'm sure Dosh will be working on and looking to improve in January, if not loan players in the mean time but I find the level of criticism on this thread bewildering considering the shite we have had to put up with for 2 years.

Truly unbelievable.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:42 pm

Bernie is a cocktwanger :D

And he twangs all day

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Dave Roe wrote:
saddlerken wrote:I agree Stu to a certain extent, they certainly adapted their game to put us under pressure by going long, although 1st half the little bloke was coming deep and and running with the ball and having plenty of success, not sure why he was so quiet 2nd half!!!!!

What I would say is, especially during the early part of the 2nd half on a few occasions I noticed when we were creeping forward both Keates and Dobson were only a few metres in front of the back four, both not venturing and leaving any gap at all. This isolated our forwards far too often, we bacame heavily reliant on Butler working his ar5e off down the flanks, not in the middle where he should be.

Anyway, I'm ecstatic with the start to this season, its an amzaing transformation from that utter dog 5h|te last season, watching Walsall is fun again.

UTS

Your posts are spot on mate. It's not being negative to point out one or two minor issues that could do with sorting. The most successful organisations are the ones that strive for improvement constantly and don't rest on their laurels because they think everything is fine.It's already been said but whatever happens this season it will still be 1000% better than last season under that prat.

Sounds like you've been to one or two of those accountants' seminars lately Dave. :lol:

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season