Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Barnet (A) League - Saturday 02/09/06

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:43 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:Absolutely awful yesterday. Only good thing yesterday was the night out in Barnet!
And that was breath taking!

Pervert. :D I'm not surprised though judging by some of the sights down the High Street before and after the game.

Suffice to say, Sheff did get one of the barmaids numbers after the game, but it wasn't the stunner...

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:43 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Stu wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:I appreciate what you are saying, but at the present time, I am inclined to disgaree. If we average 2 points per game over the course of the season, we will go up.

Not neccessarily, because there are 4 teams above us all averaging the same or more... No reason to suggest they're less likely to do that than we are.

Maybe so, but we all have to play eachother yet. To average the 2 points per game I think we need, we would have to take points from all of those sides, which I fully exect us to. They will also take points off eachother.

And they're probably saying exactly the same thing about us.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Stu wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:Absolutely awful yesterday. Only good thing yesterday was the night out in Barnet!
And that was breath taking!

Pervert. :D I'm not surprised though judging by some of the sights down the High Street before and after the game.

Suffice to say, Sheff did get one of the barmaids numbers after the game, but it wasn't the stunner...

Got to be the one with the ears. Better not say it out loud, she'll hear from there. :P She might have had jug ears but she had other decent jugs to make up for it. :lol:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Stu wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:I appreciate what you are saying, but at the present time, I am inclined to disgaree. If we average 2 points per game over the course of the season, we will go up.

Not neccessarily, because there are 4 teams above us all averaging the same or more... No reason to suggest they're less likely to do that than we are.

My other concern is that we don't score enough goals, 9 goals in 6 matches, thats 69 a season... Automatic promotion and play offs probably needs more than that (although I haven't checked), unless we go through the season conceding less than 35 goals, which i highly doubt.

That's my concern and it's not because we don't have players capable of scoring goals, it's because we won't create enough chances if we play such a defensive formation as yesterday's first half.

Anyway swiftly changing the thread back to football, I totally agree MMF, as Stu said previously, the whole line up was too defensive yesterday, I hope DD realises that we must go to places like Barnet and take the game to them.

Cannock
UTS Regular

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:02 pm

I take it you didn't agree with some of yellow flags decisions Sheff :lol:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:18 pm

Cannock wrote:I take it you didn't agree with some of yellow flags decisions Sheff :lol:

Why you think that? :roll:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:20 pm

I must agree with Dave. I think we might just defend a little too much this season. When we heard the team line up I turned around to my mates and said "there aint no creativity and pace in the side we will struggle today" and I was right until DD decided to put WINGERS on. Heector Sam sets up goals but how many times will he fall onto the deck? DD get a striker in before Swindle get further in front of us.

Ince did what was needed, Westwood looked more comfortabke when moved inside, Gerrard and Roper need to be broken up both of them seem off the boil. Butler wasnt involved too much neither was Dobson.

I must criticise the Barnet staff. It took half an hour for any burgers, hot-dogs and any hot drinks to be served. I went to the kiosk with 15 mins gone by the time they cooked anything worth eating it was half time. Even then the baps were rock solid!!

Still undefeated but Swindon are setting the pace.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:Suffice to say, Sheff did get one of the barmaids numbers after the game, but it wasn't the stunner...

Got to be the one with the ears. Better not say it out loud, she'll hear from there. :P She might have had jug ears but she had other decent jugs to make up for it. :lol:[/quote]

Bingo... I don't think he was sober enough to introduce her to the northern loving by closing time though.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:03 pm

Stu wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:Suffice to say, Sheff did get one of the barmaids numbers after the game, but it wasn't the stunner...

Got to be the one with the ears. Better not say it out loud, she'll hear from there. :P She might have had jug ears but she had other decent jugs to make up for it. :lol:

Bingo... I don't think he was sober enough to introduce her to the northern loving by closing time though.[/quote]

The large lass?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:08 pm

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
Stu wrote:

Bingo... I don't think he was sober enough to introduce her to the northern loving by closing time though.

The large lass?[/quote]

The one with the maroony coloured top.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:09 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
Stu wrote:

The large lass?

The one with the maroony coloured top.[/quote]

Ill take the blonde lass then, mmmmm peachy

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:44 pm

The blonde barmaid was amazing very nice mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not as good as the barmiads in the pub in Chesterfield the last 2 seasons.
They would be in the champions league of barmaids there

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Pedro wrote:The blonde barmaid was amazing very nice mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are you kidding me? I didnt think Chesterfield had any nice lasses whatsoever! They must have been imported from Sheffield mate, believe me!

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:51 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Pedro wrote:The blonde barmaid was amazing very nice mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are you kidding me? I didnt think Chesterfield had any nice lasses whatsoever! They must have been imported from Sheffield mate, believe me!

Trust me sheff it was amazing , its was a home side pub so there wher no away fans in there , apart from me and a few other mates :wink:

WS1
UTS Regular

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:23 pm

Jorge14 wrote:
Bernie wrote:We have played 7 matches so far this season and DD has tried a number of different combinations in most positions, but he has never played Pead and Fox as our two full backs.

I think that is because last season we were absolutely crucified down our flanks. I'd say that at least 50% of the goals came from crosses which either Pead or Fox should have done much better with. DD has seen the videos from last season and is attempting to rectify this. It is working on the left flank in my opinion, but we are still much too exposed on the right.

Pead played at right back when we played at Spotland. :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:31 am

An away draw in difficult conditions, with homer officials and a bananaskin game, and only 134 posts on the match thread by Sunday night? Some people only come on here to have a moan :wink:
Last edited by Exile on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:18 am

Exile wrote:An away draw in difficult conditions, with homer officials and a bananaskin game, and only 134 posts on the match thread by Sunday night? Some people only come on here to have a moan :wink:

Exile, what's a bananskin ? :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:37 pm

Dunno what you mean :mrgreen:

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season