Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Lincoln City (A) League - Saturday 19/08/2006

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Harold Bishop

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:31 pm

Exile wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:What was the song we thought up for Ince? It'll come back to me.

Incey wincey keeper
Hide behind the wall
one step, two steps,
Oops, there goes a goal!

That was the preseason version.

Nice :D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:34 pm

Exile wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:What was the song we thought up for Ince? It'll come back to me.

Incey wincey keeper
Hide behind the wall
one step, two steps,
Oops, there goes a goal!

Clown. :P

Harold Bishop

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:37 pm

From what i've seen of Ince he is going to be one of the better keepers in this Division. Lincolns yesterday Marriiot is also up there , but should have done alot better we both goals

Dr Karl Kennedy

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:40 pm

Harold Bishop wrote:From what i've seen of Ince he is going to be one of the better keepers in this Division. Lincolns yesterday Marriiot is also up there , but should have done alot better we both goals

That goal keeping was awful, he must have had an injured proximal phalanx.

WS1
UTS Regular

Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:15 pm

PJD wrote:My outstanding memoey from the last game at Lincoln was the performance of Matt Gadsby. I seem to remember that he had a superb game. I really thought he had come of age as a pro. I can't believe he is at Forest Green now. It's a funny old game.

Hes at Hinkley pal :wink:

Percie
Glitterati

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:45 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Exile wrote:

Incey wincey keeper
Hide behind the wall
one step, two steps,
Oops, there goes a goal!

Wasn't it something about him coming from The West Indies? :?

Leonard

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:45 pm

Harold Bishop wrote:From what i've seen of Ince he is going to be one of the better keepers in this Division. Lincolns yesterday Marriiot is also up there , but should have done alot better we both goals

Ho, ho, bloody, ho. Lincolns GK was at fault for the first, and could have done better with the second. Bless him, though. :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:27 pm

Leonard wrote:

Ho, ho, bloody, ho. Lincolns GK was at fault for the first, and could have done better with the second. Bless him, though. :lol:

As I said earlier he only had two saves to make, and fluffed them both - thanks to that we got one point.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:45 am

Percie wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
Exile wrote:

Incey wincey keeper
Hide behind the wall
one step, two steps,
Oops, there goes a goal!

Wasn't it something about him coming from The West Indies? :?

We changed that to Hector Sam (see above), that's why I got mixed up. :P

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:True, to be honest though Ishmel has to be first choice left winger after yesterday but I can see DD using him from the bench until he proves he's learned his lesson.

I agree. Give him a decent run in the first team from the start and see what happens. He's never had a spell in the team, and deserves it. No offence to Fox, but surely he can't keep a natural winger out of the side on a permanent basis. Let him prove his worth and shed the 'Asbo Ishy' tag once and for all.

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season