Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hednesford Town (A) - 19th July

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:13 pm

I think I might have solved the left back question...

According to Soccerbase, there is a Hungarian defender called Gyorgy Kiss, he was last recorded as being at Fernebache but that was 2004.

Gyorgy would be pronounced George I reckon.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:24 pm

Stu wrote:I think I might have solved the left back question...

According to Soccerbase, there is a Hungarian defender called Gyorgy Kiss, he was last recorded as being at Fernebache but that was 2004.

It was mentioned tonight, Stu, that he was Hungarian, so it could well be him.

gazmaniandevil

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:31 pm

Leamore Saddler wrote:
Stu wrote:I think I might have solved the left back question...

It was mentioned tonight, Stu, that he was Hungarian, so it could well be him.

found this website
http://www.hlsz.hu/index.php?WG_NODE=We ... Lf_1ff5b16

if anyone can decypher hungarian we might be in luck

was this the guy? he looks familiar

gazmaniandevil

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:51 pm

ok now worked it out that he was/is at vasas who are second bottom of the hungarian top division, hes 31, 181 cm and 77 kg

i think hes made 182 appearances with 16 goals but im guessing there from looking at the stats

Can you tell us anymore Per as our local statistician?

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:08 am

gazmaniandevil wrote:ok now worked it out that he was/is at vasas who are second bottom of the hungarian top division, hes 31, 181 cm and 77 kg

i think hes made 182 appearances with 16 goals but im guessing there from looking at the stats

"LOCAL"?... :D

gazmaniandevil

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:56 am

sid swifty wrote:
gazmaniandevil wrote:ok now worked it out that he was/is at vasas who are second bottom of the hungarian top division, hes 31, 181 cm and 77 kg

"LOCAL"?... :D

well, fairly local then if you have to split hairs

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:35 am

Gyorgy Kiss indeed. I've missed having Paul Taylor around during pre-season. Reminds of the good old days of Fabio Negro and the like.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:26 am

Registered Saddler wrote:Gyorgy Kiss indeed. I've missed having Paul Taylor around during pre-season. Reminds of the good old days of Fabio Negro and the like.

Kiss is ex Ferencvaros (was a sub in their UEFA Cup game vs Millwall). Now out of contract, might be an excellent signing to bring in some experience at the back.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:29 am

To the tume of Prince.....

We all need some extra time and....................

Gyorgy Kiss!!!!

Duke
Site Addict

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:40 am

Its wonderful to see a manager actually giving players trials,
instead of handing out contracts like confetti

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:55 am

An a cappella version of the Lil Louis club classic "French Kiss" by the floors 2 go stand would be unbelievable!!!!

Will
UTS Regular

Hednesford

Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:35 am

Went along last night, not too bad.

Keates looked as committed as ever,
bit worried about Ishmael, being asked to leave the field in a pre season friendly after he took exception to a non league tackle and Keates had to pull him off before he kicked off. If he thinks that was hostile wait until he meets some league 2 defenders. Good to see Richard Money having a good talk to him afterwards though. Constable looks raw but a good goalscoring talent. Our defense was pretty average and thought Gilmartin looked very shaky at times, but to be honest he didn't have much protection - might be a cause for concern if our first team defenders get injuries this season. It's always difficult to judge things on pre season friendlies though.

One thing that did impress me was the programme sellers, quite young but very easy on the eye - Sunbad tans and micro shorts - can't argue with that - hopefully Bonser signed them up after the game - bound to increase the number of programmes sold.

Saw Cheesebag last night - looks like the diet's working (apart from nicking your kid's burger that is!)

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Re: Hednesford

Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:06 am

Will wrote:Went along last night, not too bad.

Keates looked as committed as ever,
bit worried about Ishmael, being asked to leave the field in a pre season friendly after he took exception to a non league tackle and Keates had to pull him off before he kicked off. If he thinks that was hostile wait until he meets some league 2 defenders. Good to see Richard Money having a good talk to him afterwards though. Constable looks raw but a good goalscoring talent. Our defense was pretty average and thought Gilmartin looked very shaky at times, but to be honest he didn't have much protection - might be a cause for concern if our first team defenders get injuries this season. It's always difficult to judge things on pre season friendlies though.

One thing that did impress me was the programme sellers, quite young but very easy on the eye - Sunbad tans and micro shorts - can't argue with that - hopefully Bonser signed them up after the game - bound to increase the number of programmes sold.

Saw Cheesebag last night - looks like the diet's working (apart from nicking your kid's burger that is!)

Alex gets a fiver a week pocket money if he keeps his room tidy, etc and spent £4.50 of it last night on a double cheeseburger!!!!!! :shock:

I think the programme sellers are from the IT model agency.

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:12 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Kiss is ex Ferencvaros

Yes, played for them at the same time as Zoltan Gera (wba).

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:18 am

Named as a sub in this: http://2002.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/02/e ... 19855.html World Cup match

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:51 am

Will wrote:
bit worried about Ishmael, Keates had to pull him off before he kicked off.

Interesting tactic.

I hope it diffused the situation.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:56 am

Geordiesaddler wrote:
Will wrote:
bit worried about Ishmael, Keates had to pull him off before he kicked off.

Interesting tactic.

I hope it diffused the situation.
well it always makes me tired and ready to sleep geordie...so hopefully it worked... :oops: :oops: :oops: :P

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:09 am

Suppose it could become just part of the warm up, just to calm him down before the game.

matty_walsall4eva
UTS Veteran

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:54 am

coxy_saddler wrote:
EVO wrote:Missed Constable's second due to trying to glance at a blokes teamsheet as he passed, in a bid to find out who number 8 was, and missed Hednesford's first as three female lottery ticket sellers walked past, one in the shortest pair of shorts I've ever seen :) .

Other than that, not much to add from the others.

Did say "alright mate" to Kris Taylor on the way out.

Ahh the 3 birds selling the programmes :)
The chant of..you've got the best programme sellers in the land. Them shorts though well..Hot Pants. Wish we could get them birds selling our programmes down the bescot :D We would probley sell more.

quality game, atmosphere we made in the stand was quality got a 40 minute reocrding on my phone of us singing at the hednesford fans that were stood directly to our left

the programme sellers are the best i have ever seen at a football ground. very fit :P

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:45 pm

Is Kiss right back or left back?

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:52 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:Is Kiss right back or left back?

Left, I think. His squad number at Ferencvaros was 4, but that don't mean owt.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:08 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:Suppose it could become just part of the warm up, just to calm him down before the game.
No geordie...he would just start feigning aggression to get his fix.

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 pm

cyclothymic wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:finished 3-2, thank to mr cheesybag for all the updates!

Yep - cheers Cheesebag - sorry couldn't make it to yours. Made all the worse due to my wife saying "that's so sad - the poor guy - he probably bought in loads of beer" at 5 minute intervals throughout the evening

:lol:

He did and all...

Must be honest, I thought our 'singers' mistook the idea of a 'friendly'. Still, it was funny listening to the Hednesford fans in our stand mock them. :wink: Was it Hednesford fans, or was it SaddlerScott and his Cheesebag-esque list of puns?

The Programme Sellers can be seen in the Bonser Suite at every home game. As well as at every Sportsmans Dinner.

Ishmel still needs to count to ten every now and again. But he was targetted by semi-pros who are still bitter about being released from Mansfield or someone as a 16 year old. He can expect that alot this season though - on his day he is head and shoulders above any winger at this level, word will get about though that he loses his temper. I had to laugh at Dick Dosh though. He went steaming down from the directors box, seemingly going to rip Ishmel's head off - instead he pointed at him and beckoned him off, and then made him sit in the dugout for the rest of the game. Good man management. I don't think Ishmel benefits at all from the public dressings down he got from Merson and Broadhurst.

Scott Willis was poor. Slow, one paced, and couldn't pass a ball. I lost count of the amount of times he was caught in possession or gave the ball away.

Tommy Taylor played well, I thought. He uses both feet comfortably, and he is taller than I thought. Kiss played well until his name began to be ripped to shreds by messrs Cheeseybag, Leamore, EVO, SaddlerScott and Pedro.

The announcer made Stafflers look as calm and collected as Gary Lineker at the Open. Tried to pronounce Demontagnac, but after a chat with myself, Cheesebag and Pedro at half time, he took our advice and called him 'Ishmel'.

Me and Cheese tried to catch what a stern looking Money was saying to Taylor and Bonser, instead we got a glare from Jeff Bonser. :lol:

Nice burgers too...I can understand why Alex spent 4.50 on them :lol: Pretty girl serving...though two minutes after I'd brought a burger off her, she went and had a fag. A moment in my company, and she's already on a post-sex fag. :shock: :roll:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:27 pm

Mini Cheese knows .... he was also impressed with the programme sellers

saddlerscott
UTS Regular

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:05 pm

Jorge14 wrote:
cyclothymic wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:finished 3-2, thank to mr cheesybag for all the updates!

Yep - cheers Cheesebag - sorry couldn't make it to yours. Made all the worse due to my wife saying "that's so sad - the poor guy - he probably bought in loads of beer" at 5 minute intervals throughout the evening

:lol:

He did and all...

Must be honest, I thought our 'singers' mistook the idea of a 'friendly'. Still, it was funny listening to the Hednesford fans in our stand mock them. :wink: Was it Hednesford fans, or was it SaddlerScott and his Cheesebag-esque list of puns?

The Programme Sellers can be seen in the Bonser Suite at every home game. As well as at every Sportsmans Dinner.

Ishmel still needs to count to ten every now and again. But he was targetted by semi-pros who are still bitter about being released from Mansfield or someone as a 16 year old. He can expect that alot this season though - on his day he is head and shoulders above any winger at this level, word will get about though that he loses his temper. I had to laugh at Dick Dosh though. He went steaming down from the directors box, seemingly going to rip Ishmel's head off - instead he pointed at him and beckoned him off, and then made him sit in the dugout for the rest of the game. Good man management. I don't think Ishmel benefits at all from the public dressings down he got from Merson and Broadhurst.

Scott Willis was poor. Slow, one paced, and couldn't pass a ball. I lost count of the amount of times he was caught in possession or gave the ball away.

Tommy Taylor played well, I thought. He uses both feet comfortably, and he is taller than I thought. Kiss played well until his name began to be ripped to shreds by messrs Cheeseybag, Leamore, EVO, SaddlerScott and Pedro.

The announcer made Stafflers look as calm and collected as Gary Lineker at the Open. Tried to pronounce Demontagnac, but after a chat with myself, Cheesebag and Pedro at half time, he took our advice and called him 'Ishmel'.

Me and Cheese tried to catch what a stern looking Money was saying to Taylor and Bonser, instead we got a glare from Jeff Bonser. :lol:

Nice burgers too...I can understand why Alex spent 4.50 on them :lol: Pretty girl serving...though two minutes after I'd brought a burger off her, she went and had a fag. A moment in my company, and she's already on a post-sex fag. :shock: :roll:

and you are completely innocent are you :P

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season