Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Barnsley (H) Last League 1 Match. 06/05/06

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Jorge14
UTS Legend

Wed May 03, 2006 4:13 pm

4-0 defeat

'Money Out' chants before half-time...Bonser takes the initiative and tells him he's had enough and gives him his marching orders during a half-time rant. However, he misinterprets fans singing "We want our money back", and rehires him... :?

I think we'll win on Saturday. Just to top off the season as even more of a joke.

The Tyke

Wed May 03, 2006 5:00 pm

Barnsley 3 Walsall 1

Sorry, you just dont have a chance =]

fez_the_saddler

Wed May 03, 2006 5:14 pm

The Tyke wrote:Barnsley 3 Walsall 1

Sorry, you just dont have a chance =]

we can beat barnsley we can stop them from making the play off's

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed May 03, 2006 5:18 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:I'm going for a fantastic display of free-flowing football masterminded by Money as we comfortably beat Barnsley 3-0.

You'll have a job as the O/S has already said that Kinsella will be in charge of team affairs on Saturday.

Money will just be watching from the stands.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed May 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Stu wrote:Money will just be watching from the stands.

And catching the first plane back to Oz if it's a particularly bad performance.

:roll:

Pelsall_Saddler

Wed May 03, 2006 8:45 pm

2-0 Walsall

We start winning when its too bloody late!!

amazing red

Wed May 03, 2006 8:47 pm

I think we will definatley win,the players will go out to impress the manager for next season,lots to look forward to :roll: :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 03, 2006 9:23 pm

I couldn't really give a toss, although as others have suggested there are attractions in stuffing up other's chances.

Heart : 2-1 home win
Head : 0-0

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed May 03, 2006 9:37 pm

There's still a chance of safety yet. Never say never!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Thu May 04, 2006 8:34 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:6-0 Walsall. Barrowman and Constable hat tricks.

Bonser sackes Money and appoints Kinsella. And all the fans get pissed.

I agree with only one aspect of that statement :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu May 04, 2006 10:53 am

cheesebag wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:6-0 Walsall. Barrowman and Constable hat tricks.

Bonser sackes Money and appoints Kinsella. And all the fans get pissed.

I agree with only one aspect of that statement :lol:

Didn't realise you loved Barrowboy so much :wink:

The Tyke

Thu May 04, 2006 3:34 pm

I think you're all a bit too confident for a team thats sitting at the bottom of the league :)

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Thu May 04, 2006 3:39 pm

The Tyke wrote:I think you're all a bit too confident for a team thats sitting at the bottom of the league :)

Didn't know the internet had reached barnsley ?

I heard you guys define the summer as 3 months of bad coal pickings?

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Thu May 04, 2006 4:52 pm

The Tyke wrote:I think you're all a bit too confident for a team thats sitting at the bottom of the league :)

Famous last words.......

Or maybe not... :lol:

The Tyke

Thu May 04, 2006 7:34 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Didn't know the internet had reached barnsley ?

I heard you guys define the summer as 3 months of bad coal pickings?

::)

Here we go...

sean511
UTS Regular

Fri May 05, 2006 6:19 am

I am going with my hair all red

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Fri May 05, 2006 6:57 am

Couldnt give a to$$, ill be getting pissed.

If I had to have a bet, Id say 2-0 to the saddlers. With us finishing one point from safety!! :shock:

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri May 05, 2006 10:40 am

ws4saddler

Fri May 05, 2006 12:18 pm

The fight back starts with this match. I heard , I think at Sunderland , they were singing "Always look on the bright side of life", we should sing this too. Lets hope we get a good gate seeing that Barnsley have taken up their full quota.

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Fri May 05, 2006 3:41 pm

Is Kes coming? :lol:

The Tyke

Fri May 05, 2006 9:40 pm

Kes is dead duuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Fri May 05, 2006 9:49 pm

Like your play offs hopes come 5' oclock.

Love Forest to get the play off spot instead of Barnsley , after i've not forgiven Barnsley fans for throwing coins at us a few years back

Percie
Glitterati

Fri May 05, 2006 11:15 pm

This is gonna be one of those games ain't it? One team, everything to play for and do indeed deserve a play off spot playing doomed bottom of the league, although the players will feel they have something to play for in an attept to impress the new on looking manager. But t'Barnsely players are really gonna be up for this and have 2,200 roaring yorkshiremen behind them.

Away win for me I'm afraid.

amazing red

Sat May 06, 2006 12:29 am

The Tyke wrote:Kes is dead duuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Noooooooooo :!:

sean511
UTS Regular

Sat May 06, 2006 7:13 am

I think we will win now. Lord Kinsella will pick the team to get us all three points and we will finish one point from safety again :roll:

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Sat May 06, 2006 10:25 am

The Tyke wrote:Kes is dead duuuuuuuuuuuuh.

And yet he's the best known thing from Yorkshire since Boycott retired...

:wink: :lol:

Cully
Site Addict

Sat May 06, 2006 7:45 pm

How did we play? reports please!

Bernie
UTS Legend

Sat May 06, 2006 8:22 pm

First half: absolutely abysmal, as bad as we have played all season until they scored. There were some terrible mistakes in the defence and Barnsley could have scored from three pretty easy chances. We created nothing in midfield and up front James ran around well but Barrowman was completely anonymous.

Wright seemed to hurt his foot and was take off during the first half. He was by no means our worse player. In midfield Keates was again a headless chicken and Mills was a fat centre half playing out of position with no pace or movement. Kris Taylor's comeback was useful since it reminded us why he was sent to Burton. Pead was utterly useless, skinned every time the winger went at him, passes anywhere but to a Walsall player. Gerrard made a mockery of the player of the season award with some dreadful errors. We had one shot on target a curling effort from Ishmel who had replaced Wright on the right wing. Their goal was the result of us forgetting to mark a player standing three yards from the far post at a set piece.

In the second half we had Daryl Taylor on the right and Ishmel on the left. They both showed speed and urgency, Ishmel in particular presenting problems to the opposition. It was good to see him putting in some good tackles and that he did commit a single foul (none that was seen by the useless ref). While it was a much better performance than the first half we should not be fooled into thinking that we played well in the second half. Our goal was from a penalty and we really did not look like scoring any other way. Roper was sent off for a second yellow card after an off the ball scuffle which neither I nor the referee saw. Daryl Taylor gave away a very unnecessary penalty for their winner. Constable came on and showed a lot more purpose than the weedy Barrowman who simply does not have anything to offer.
Last edited by Bernie on Sat May 06, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat May 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Thanks for that Bernie, looks like I made the right decision by going to watch Stafford Rangers.

Kevthesaddler

Sat May 06, 2006 8:45 pm

I thought we were very very poor fist half, Barnsley had all the ball & deserved there lead. One shot on goal I think all half. This came from Ish with his first touch of the ball.

Oakes 9/10 - My MOTM, made a good first half recovery save (he did spill the first save tho). " excellent saves in second half, one from a 1 on 1 & the other tipping onto the post. (Keep for next season)

Pead 6/10 - I'm not fussed if he stays or goes. A couple of decent recovery blocks but very limited when on the ball. Offers us nothin going forward. (get rid)

Fox - 6/10 - Poor nervous first half, second half a bit better but not much. (Keep for next season, first half of season proves he's good enough, just needs the confidence. Also versitle)

Roper 6/10 - God knows how he got MOTM. I stupid stupid red card, If Ishe had odne that we would have fans asking for him to be sacked!) One very good recovery tackel in first half. (Keep for next season)

Gerrard 7/10 - Solid performance but his distribution was poor. (Defo keep for next season, not the greatest of seasons but will only get better)

Kris Taylor - 5/10 - Very poor didn't get involved. I feel he was played out of position though & reports are he broke his rib but tryed to play on. (Keep for next season)

Mark Wright 5/10 - Doesn't get involved, very lightweight, not that good at dribblin, not that fast, that that good at crossin, I see not reason to keep him for next season. (Git rid)

Keates 7/10 - Worked hard all game, spread the play when option was on. Must be very frustrating playing in midfield when you have no outlet upfront. (Keep for next season)

Mills 7/10 - Shows passion & good in the air, I think he should be first choice centre half next season, if he'll stay. (Keep for next season)

Borrowman 5/10 - I do feel sorry for him & dont agree with the fans booing him but if offers nothin at all. he tries him best but is simply not good enough. (get rid)

James - 7/10 - Showed some very nice touches, one excellent very direct run second half which forced the Barnsley keeper into a great save which would have given us a 2-1 lead. Not that bothered if he went but I'd prefer him to stay. (keep for next season)

Subs -

Ishe 9/10 - Him & D.Taylor changed the game, they really did. Ishe pushed oakes for my MOTM. He showed lots of confidence, lightning pace & as put a couple of really dangerous balls across. The Barnslefy players were terrified when he got the ball. he does make me smile when he runs tho, he's so clumsey he almost always falls over! (Defo keep for next season, Money would have been very impressed today)

D.Taylor 8/10 - not quite as effective as Ishe but showed some great touches & also has lightning pace. Alot more confident than when I last saw him. Again, Money would have been very impressed & with Money saying he will play 442 I think D.talor & Ishe will feature in the early part of the season. I just hope they can perform as they did today & hopefully pay a very big part of next seasons promotion challange. (keep for next season)

Constable - 6.5-10 - Didn't do alot but won a couple of headers which is more than borrowman did. He had no chances at all though. My opinion is the same as most. With a good pre season he could be an assest next season. (Keep for next season)

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season