Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Huddersfield (H) 22/04/06 Relegation Party

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Huddersfield (H) 22/04/06 Relegation Party

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:39 am

Predictions?

Walsall 0-2 Huddersfield

Relegation party starts here.

tommyhayward

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:48 am

1-1

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:50 am

Lets look at the evidence...

We are bottom
Huddersfield have a shout of automatic promotion
They are brining 3000 fans
We are going to protest

I can smell a 3-1 win for the Saddlers... :roll:

Nothing like a victory to kill the revolutionary mood...

booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:56 am

0-2
Yep, if (when) we lose and Yeovil and Rotherham each get at least a point, our fate will be sealed barring a mathematical miracle. Might as well start the party though, no point being miserable is there?

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:08 am

Like against Blackpool in '92 we'll upset their army of fans, 2-0 to Walsall

and Carol Deakins might fly

jeffsmate
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:18 am

we are down no two ways about it, but you watch on saturday i bet we bloody well beat huddersfield! :cry: :evil:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:46 am

jeffsmate wrote:we are down no two ways about it, but you watch on saturday i bet we bloody well beat huddersfield! :cry: :evil:

I bet we bl**dy-well don't !

In fact I can imagine a right old lesson for much of the game, even if Huddersfield decide to settle back and hang on grimly to a 2-0 or 3-0 !

Have to say I can't find it within me to even care very much, I'll be there to see some of you guys for a pre-match pint in the SC, and have a balti pie and a bovril, all these things having become the highlights of any home game over the last two seasons, apart from the odd few "revival" games at the end of last season.

The results no longer matter, those games are done and gone, no point in hanging on to false hopes now.

booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:49 am

Perhaps bizarrely it might be better to be put out of our misery on Saturday. I wouldn't like to be going to Gillingham with a glimmer of hope only to have it blown out by a brace from Byfield. It's a tricky place to go at the best of times.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:31 pm

booster cogburn wrote:Perhaps bizarrely it might be better to be put out of our misery on Saturday. I wouldn't like to be going to Gillingham with a glimmer of hope only to have it blown out by a brace from Byfield. It's a tricky place to go at the best of times.

I agree. As much as I hate to talk about relegation, I'd rather Hudderfield send us down than Gillingham.

sj
Site Addict

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Jorge were were never good enough for a revolution, But we have just completed our personal "Reign of Terror :twisted: "

Pedro
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:19 pm

Walsall 1 Huddesfield 4 Booth Hat trick and some other bloke

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:27 pm

booster cogburn wrote:Perhaps bizarrely it might be better to be put out of our misery on Saturday. I wouldn't like to be going to Gillingham with a glimmer of hope only to have it blown out by a brace from Byfield. It's a tricky place to go at the best of times.

I agree too, I'm sick of false hopes and abject let downs, Walsall 1 (own goal) Huddersfield 3, let's get it over with, move over and make way for Carlisle and Karl Hawley (what an embarrassment THAT is now !).

Had been hoping Grimsby would get promoted so we could enjoy the away trip, now I'm hoping they don't so I can still go there next season. Don't quite know why, maybe it's the fish and chips! :lol:

Shad

Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:28 pm

3-0 Huddesfield.. exactly the same scenario that occurred against Bristol- Goal just before half time, goal in second half and a late one to rub it in.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:24 pm

I think I've retired for this season after yesterday's shambles, was going to do the last 4 games but not now. The Albion are playing Newcastle which means my annual visit from the legendary Neil Tart (Pelsall cricket people will need no further explanation). Start in The Strawberry at bang on 11am...might even get a ticket for the match this year.

For the record 0-3, for the Walsall game that is.

London Saddler

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:39 pm

For a automatic promotion winning team, Huddersfield are struggling. They have not won in 4 games. They have just lost at home to Chesterfield(who themselves had nothing to play for and had not won in 7 games). Away from home in the last few games, Huddersfield only drew at Bournemouth and lost to both struggling Gillingham and Hartlepool

But we all know that doesnt matter when it comes to Walsall FC. Huddersfield will be looking forward to facing the worst team in the division and getting their promotion push back on track. Hope their goalkeeper remembers to bring a deckchair with him as i cant see us bettering our average of 1-2 shots on target on average per game

amazing red

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:48 pm

2-1 walsall :?

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:34 pm

not sure why i think this but i'll go for a 2-1 win. They'll do it for us :? we have to drive more then 300 miles so they can do an effort aswell not?? :roll:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 am

I find it hard to honestly care about this one... its not like we have much to fight for.

Okay, we're not mathematically down but we've thrown a soldier into battle with only one arm, one leg, and he's been stabbed in the chest. And he's blind.

I'll go for Walsall 1 - 4 Huddersfield (Early starter feeds our appetite before a 4-portion serving of humble pie for the main course.)

sean511
UTS Regular

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:53 am

Walsall 3-1 Huddersfield :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

Red Leader

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:42 am

it will be our worst performance of the season (i know its a tall order!!) but some how we will score 2 and keep a clean sheet (oakes to be a giant in goal!!) Macdonalds franchise, swindon, hartlepool, and yeovil to all loose setting up a tense 3 match last gasp surprise survival battles where Barrowman scores a hatrick, keates will smash a pile driver and roper will score of his arse to snatch 3 vital wins and clinching league 1 footy on goal difference over the Macdonalds franchise

I can dream at least

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:16 am

AC wrote:I find it hard to honestly care about this one... its not like we have much to fight for.

Okay, we're not mathematically down but we've thrown a soldier into battle with only one arm, one leg, and he's been stabbed in the chest. And he's blind.

I'll go for Walsall 1 - 4 Huddersfield (Early starter feeds our appetite before a 4-portion serving of humble pie for the main course.)

But are there any health packs lying around?

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:51 am

Seems quite obvious really. For the third game in a row we will play an 8-0-2 formation. We will hoof long balls up which neither striker will get any joy from. After 44 minutes we will concede.

After 48 minutes we will concede a second.

After 49 minutes the only outfield player doing well will be susbtituted and Demontagnac will be brought on.

After 52 minutes Demontagnac will be booked for a stupid foul.

After 87 minutes we will have our first shot on target.

After 88 minutes we will be caught on the break and concede a third. As soon as Stafflers tells us the scorer, David Bathurst will invite us to text our man of the match.

In stoppage time Demontagnac will be booked again for another stupid foul.

Pelsall_Saddler

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:07 pm

Walsall 1 - 0 Huddersfield. Please let this be the case, players and supporters alike need one last throw of the dice, lets get Bescot rocking and hopfully we can get a result. But even if we do its already too late.

amazing red

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:04 pm

last chance :roll:

Tez66

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:19 pm

2-0 to Huddersfield with goals just before and just after half time.........hold on a touch of deja vue there.............

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:39 am

4 - 3 win, with a Matty Fryatt hat-trick . . . . oh, hang on a minute . . . .

sore saddler

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:13 am

Bristol Fan wrote:Seems quite obvious really. For the third game in a row we will play an 8-0-2 formation. We will hoof long balls up which neither striker will get any joy from. After 44 minutes we will concede.

After 49 minutes the only outfield player doing well will be susbtituted and Demontagnac will be brought on.

After 88 minutes we will be caught on the break and concede a third. As soon as Stafflers tells us the scorer, David Bathurst will invite us to text our man of the match.

8-0-2 where did that come from ?

I have seen 4-0-2 where the entire midfield is either bypassed or gone missing !!

Maybe Paul Merson will make his debut for Huddersfield - that would give even our motley crew a fighting chance :P

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:30 am

sore saddler wrote:
Bristol Fan wrote:Seems quite obvious really. For the third game in a row we will play an 8-0-2 formation. We will hoof long balls up which neither striker will get any joy from. After 44 minutes we will concede.

8-0-2 where did that come from ?

I have seen 4-0-2 where the entire midfield is either bypassed or gone missing !!

The midfield have been present just on the edge of our own box. Bristol was right. 8-0-2 it is. And people wonder why we haven't been creating many chances or scoring.

Ok the strikers are not good but if we were creating 8-10 chances per game and throwing caution to the wind we would have won the last few games.

Who moved the goalposts?

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:41 am

I think we'll win on Saturday. Sneaky 1-0. Huddersfield were awful on Wednesday night at home to Chesterfield...

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:52 am

Who's the avatar WMTG?

Next
Return to 2005-06 Season