Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Doncaster (A) 17/04/06 League

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
ws3
Glitterati

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:38 pm

Hardly surprising though.

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:39 pm

shrewsbury saddler wrote:Dingle Franks now saying that Merson should have gone "much,much earlier".Pity he didn't say it sooner-but he had his hands full criticising the wolves manager.**** we've let one in.

TWO FACED FRANKSIE

Hednesfordred

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Can someone tell me why Ossie is not playing. Listening to the commentary, we are crying out for someone who can pass, and there is no-one to do this in the present side.
Also MR Broadhurst, thanks for dropping the only "real" goalscorer & replacing him with Barrowboy, who proceeds to miss a "sitter"

WELL DONE AGAIN

League 2 here we come

UTS

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:49 pm

How many times do we concede within 5 mins of half time? Joke.
Let's bet that after 51 mins it'll be 2-0. Come on Mr Motivation, you better do your stuff at half time or it's curtains.
Wonder if there'll be any changes or if he'll wait till 79 mins to change things.
:cry: :evil: :x

walsall_fc_matt

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:52 pm

[quote="Jolly Johnny"]How many times do we concede within 5 mins of half time? Joke.
Let's bet that after 51 mins it'll be 2-0. Come on Mr Motivation, you better do your stuff at half time or it's curtains.
Wonder if there'll be any changes or if he'll wait till 79 mins to change things.
:cry: :evil: :x[/quote

He cannot motivate them, he has proved that...........WHAT A JOKE MANAGER

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:53 pm

We've got a big second half to play.

I fear we may be as good as down if it remains the same...... :x

Come on you Saddlers!

please? :(

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:55 pm

As for Barrowman.............what a ()&**$$££! :x :shock: :x

Hednesfordred

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:06 pm

Taylor On - Standing Off.
Please Broadhurst, get Constable on - we need to score you fudge moron. We may as well lose 5-0 but at least have a go.

UTS

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:20 pm

matty_fc - I was being sarcastic / ironic. KB is anything but a motivator which is why we have done no better than with merson (i'm not saying we should have kept him). Just shows what you get when you give out peanuts, bellend bonser.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:20 pm

sorry, got wrong user name walsall_fc_matt!

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:27 pm

Hednesfordred wrote:Taylor On - Standing Off.
Please Broadhurst, get Constable on - we need to score you fudge moron. We may as well lose 5-0 but at least have a go.

UTS

And Constable misses an absolute sitter from less than six yards. Easy game, this football management isn't it?

futuresobright

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:30 pm

Pity we couldn't bring Devlin or Timm on.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:32 pm

futuresobright wrote:Pity we couldn't bring Devlin or Timm on.

Are you quite sane?

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:36 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Are you quite sane?

This is the person who is defending the indefensible Merson on another thread.
I think he needs to be committed and banned from entering Bescot ever again. :roll:

Smeg!

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:37 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Are you quite sane?

timm has got more quality in his little toe than the rest of the team have

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:38 pm

From the commentary, we've gone to pieces in midfield since we switched to two wingers, in the shape of Taylor and Demontagnac. Now getting no possession.

Casual D
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:38 pm

not difficult when the rest of the team are
PANTS!

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:40 pm

Smeg! wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Are you quite sane?

Can you actually give me a list of the positive contributions he's made on the pitch since he's been here? Shouldn't take long. All froth and no substance.

Hednesfordred

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:43 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Hednesfordred wrote:Taylor On - Standing Off.

UTS

And Constable misses an absolute sitter from less than six yards. Easy game, this football management isn't it?

Never said it was easy Neil. However, we seem to have given the job to an addict (Merson) & an incompetent (Broadhurst). I cannot believe that Constable didnt start because it was too hard to play 2 games in 3 days (doesnt apply to 40 year olds though). Also, doesnt pick Osborne, who in my opinion has been our most consistent and committed player all season.

Colin Lee must be laughing his Bollox off at the minute. It makes you very sad, and very angry to be a Walsall fan at the moment. Today is only the 3rd game ive missed all season (home & away) but i refuse to keep putting myself through this agony.

UTS

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:45 pm

And I just agree with Franks' comment that Broadhurst has an impossible task with the mess Merson left behind him. The incompetant twerp messed up completely, so we depending on, for example, a 17 year old left winger, when we all said we've needed one since the beginning of LAST season.

Hednesfordred

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:47 pm

MK Dongs scored again - were bottom

UTS

Smeg!

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:52 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Smeg! wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Are you quite sane?

Can you actually give me a list of the positive contributions he's made on the pitch since he's been here? Shouldn't take long. All froth and no substance.

what has claridge, barrowman, osborn, leary, keates given us?, hes better than them lot

walsall_fc_matt

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:54 pm

Smeg! wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Smeg! wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:

Are you quite sane?

what has claridge, barrowman, osborn, leary, keates given us?, hes better than them lot

I would rather have another 9 Claridges on the pitch than Timm

futuresobright

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:56 pm

Claridge is the worst of the forwards. He runs about...so what...his final touch is a pass to the deepest defender available. At least Barrowman and Constable miss chances. The three of them make Birch seem world class.

London Saddler

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:48 pm

Could hardly believe the team selection. The worst midfielder seen at the club since Gary Porter is Leary. So he keeps his place. Osbourne who is one of our best performers dropped for Standing when it should have been Leary. But for the coup d'etat, Ronaldo (Barrowman) selected ahead of Constable. constable who is the only player who ever remotely looks like scoring a goal and scored on Saturday. Well done again Mr Joke Nobody (Broadhurst)

Listening to the commentary, it was like a carbon copy of Mr Joke Nobodys reign so far. An opposition who didnt have any motivation yet still won. Like i said against Vale, it doesnt matter how we defend, we will not keep a clean sheet. Opposition know that they will get at least one and that will be enough for 3 points. Fox apparently was lucky not to be sent off. The ref didnt do us any favours as at least we wouldnt have had to put up with him for rest of this season. Radio also said no width, no pace, no creativity. No surprise there with team selection and what we have all been seeing on pitch for all the home games. Franksie ripped Ronaldo to shreds on radio. thanks Franksie but we already knew that as we have seen him week in and week out. Franksie called his miss the miss of the season. Claridge has worked hard but in the 4 games he has played...he has not managed 1 shot or header on target. In the whole match the opposition keeper didnt have a save to make. Now that sounds familar! So today 0 shots which the keeper had to save. We had 3 shots against Vale. 2 shots against Bournemouth. 0 against Bristol. 0 against Blackpool. 0 against Oldham. So about 5 shots on target in 5 games. I'm not talking about goals. I'm talking about shots on target!!!

So whilst we are rubbish, pathetic, gutless, shambles, garbage, useless, 3rd rate and a joke...lets compare how the others in our predictament are trying and getting on? well lets take todays results. Blackpool have been winning their home games. Today they got a great point at high flying Brentford. Gillingham a few weeks ago were similar to us. They have now won about 7 on the bounce including beating 4 of the top 6. The Franchise have just had terrific wins at Oldham and Swindon. Today they had a super win over Hartlepool(the only team who is only slightly less useless than us). Yeovil have been trying to get out of trouble and today narrowly went down to Forest(Forest have won several on the bounce). Swindon had a super win at Scunthorpe today. and Rotherham had a amazing 2-0 win away at promotion chasing Swansea. Every team bar Walsall and Hartelpool is bursting their guts to stay up and fighting for their lives. and every team except for Walsall, like today, is scoring goals regularly

As i have said in another post, i have predicted for several weeks that we are the worst team in the division and will finish bottom. Well we are now bottom. And i think this is as good as it gets. Just see how Southend and Swansea have got on this season. And see how Stockport and Swansea have got on in Div 2 this season after relegation from div 1 last season. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Its going to get worse...a lot worse

amazing red

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:49 pm

futuresobright wrote:Claridge is the worst of the forwards. He runs about...so what...his final touch is a pass to the deepest defender available. At least Barrowman and Constable miss chances. The three of them make Birch seem world class.

:lol:

London Saddler

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:03 pm

Correction - i meant to say in my above post, see how Stockport and Torquay have gone on in div 2 this season after relegation from Div 1 last season

Anyway, some guy has now phoned WM to say we should never have sacked the super clown(Merse) and are now in our predictament becuase we did!!! Where do they get these characters from? Some one give me patience. I need a drink

jimmy

london saddler you been listening to a different game ?

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:26 pm

went to the game and thought we were unlucky to loose.First half in particular we played a lot of good football but when the lucks against you!!!!!!
The supposed handball by standing was a blatant mistake by the ref and the resulting free kick for the goal was a fluke.Barrowaman did miss a first half sitter and claridge ran his........... of again.Leary was solid in midfield and had a good shot deflected in the last minute. Defense was solid i thought.Although we are almost certanly down and iam bitterly diassapointed i enjoyed the game :evil: :evil:

Tez66

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:42 pm

Listened to the match on WM right up to the 43rd minute when we conceeded. Switched the radio off as I knew that was the end of it. We've NEVER been so inept going forward in all my years supporting the Saddlers. Cheers BONER & MERSE

ToeJoe Jnr
UTS Regular

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:11 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:And I just agree with Franks' comment that Broadhurst has an impossible task with the mess Merson left behind him. The incompetant twerp messed up completely, so we depending on, for example, a 17 year old left winger, when we all said we've needed one since the beginning of LAST season.

Yes Merson was a clown, and the people who are phoning up WM saying we shouldn't have sacked him have not got a clue. However Broadhurst was NOT given an impossible task and is left with a task NOW that quite frankly he has created. We have played some of the worst football I have seen in the recent home games. So what, Ishmel is 17, but at this present time I would rather field the youth team than half of the lazy sods that we are playing with at the moment. At least we may just go down fighting.

I was watching Soccer AM on Saturday and Luther Blisssett was on. He has been made manager of Chesham Utd who are bottom of what ever league they are in. Helen Chamberlain commented that it was not his fault if they went down as they were already in a predicament. Blissett's response was that he would have to take a share of the blame as he had been given time to rectify the clubs position. Broadhurst has taken us to bottom of the league, and it is not a very good league, yet all we hear at the moment is Merson saying it is not his fault, Broadhurst saying it is not his fault and Bonser not saying anything. I would hazard a guess that regardless of who people know and what they have heard on the grapevine, none of us can begin to even comprehend just how big a mess this club is in financially, and on what we as supporters consider to be the most important, the footballing side. Mark my words, today is a black day for this club, 5 points seperates us from from Yeovil, and you can make that 6 with the goal difference, the fat lady is just about to sing the first word.

Today is the first day I have actually taken an interest in the League 2 results!!! :evil:

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season