Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Southend (A) - 25/2/06 - league

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Duke
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:14 am

Great result battling performance Oakes made 3 excellent saves if we beat Bournemouth we will be on the same points as them its all to play for
but we are still lacking up front

ucow

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:25 am

a good performance by the lads and we managed to create 5 or 6 chances at goal and on another day we may have been able to take one of them but on the other hand southend created just as many chances and should of taken some of their's so a point overall was a fair result! i dint see that much difference between the two sides yesterday in ability only confidence was more showing with southend! if we can put that type of battle into our remaining 12 matches then i feel that we should be ok and safe but the next few games aginst bournmouth, yovil and bristol city at home are must win games to enable us to get out of trouble! and if we put pressure on the swansea defence then they are more than likley to conside a goal!

Greg WP

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:29 pm

Yes a win next week and we are on level points with 'play off chasing Bournemouth'.

toffo
UTS Regular

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:30 pm

Greg WP wrote:Yes a win next week and we are on level points with 'play off chasing Bournemouth'.

Yeah and we only have to beat them 9-0 to go above them in the table!

longdogs
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:02 pm

toffo wrote:Yeah and we only have to beat them 9-0 to go above them in the table!

Five would be enough.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:50 pm

Great - well done to the lads and to the new manager.

UTS forever!

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:30 pm

longdogs wrote:
toffo wrote:Yeah and we only have to beat them 9-0 to go above them in the table!

Five would be enough.

Only 5... I reckon we can do that, I know we've only scored 6 in our last 12, but next Saturday, I tell ya... :wink:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:01 am

Liek I said on another thread I couldnt make the game but after hearing reports from friends it soudned like it was a disciplined performance. I heard Kevan on WM and he said "I was pleased for the lads they defended how I want them to, then in the final 3rd they can do what they want to do". Sounds good to me, hes concentrating on the defence and told the attacking midfielders and strikers they can try anything up top. It shows that hes defence minded. Eleven 1-0's from now til the end of the season will do me.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:18 am

wfc_2uk - your "fan's view" was printed in the match programme. Did they send you a copy? I agreed with your views expressed, by the way.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 am

Leamore Saddler wrote:wfc_2uk - your "fan's view" was printed in the match programme. Did they send you a copy? I agreed with your views expressed, by the way.

balls!!! I forgot about that. I didnt go to the game so didnt buy a programme. I hope they will have some in the programme shop on Saturday, unless one of you kind people that went to the game will sell me theirs?

Stonnall_Saddler

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:30 am

wfc_2uk wrote:
Leamore Saddler wrote:wfc_2uk - your "fan's view" was printed in the match programme. Did they send you a copy? I agreed with your views expressed, by the way.

balls!!! I forgot about that. I didnt go to the game so didnt buy a programme. I hope they will have some in the programme shop on Saturday, unless one of you kind people that went to the game will sell me theirs?

Im sure Percie will do :P 8) :wink:

Previous
Return to 2005-06 Season