Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Oldham (H) 18th February- League

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Jorge14
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:51 pm

sid swifty wrote:just got the star...what a difference in styles...Halsall refuses to give anything away about tomorrows team...where as merson would have already told anyone who wanted to know...his team...tictacs...and substitutions...well done mick.

There is still time, Sid, for the youth team to leak it...

sid swifty
Glitterati

Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:54 pm

Jorge14 wrote:
sid swifty wrote:just got the star...what a difference in styles...Halsall refuses to give anything away about tomorrows team...where as merson would have already told anyone who wanted to know...his team...tictacs...and substitutions...well done mick.

:lol:

Acuman

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Acuman wrote
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:41 pm
"I am worried Oldham are becomming a bit of a bogie team, so I can't see us winning but then again new fighting sprit means I can't see us losing...................must be a 1-1 draw"

Change of heart a new striker, looking at the Oldham sites they seem to be a bit arrogant with comments like "away banker", "repeat second half performance against Forest and there will be only one team in it" Things like that get right up my nose. :twisted: ..........2-0 Saddlers :wink:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:21 pm

sid swifty wrote:win 2-0...and i shall be there to witness it...thats as long as geoff does'nt buy me too many pints before the game in the saddlers club to the extent that my vision is blurred...so just buy me about 4 or 5 geoff... :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

p.s dont forget your not allowed to swear on here geoff...just off to work now... :?

Sorry Sid, been away in the Lakes for a few days r & r so only saw your post today. Should be in the Saddlers Club by about 1.45 to 3pm.

I'll PM you my mobile number mate.

Cheers

WFC4Eva

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:45 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Jorge14 wrote:

:lol:

did we actually have tactics under Merse? just 11 clueless people running round most the time,

at least in the last two games we have looked like a team and play as a team, not as individuals!

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:23 pm

3 - 2 to Walsall,
I reckon we will find our scoring boots tomorrow.

georgies best

oldham

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:52 pm

hope its the same as last time i seen oldham down here,walsall won easily and got promoted infront of MAN CITY!!!

sid swifty
Glitterati

Re: oldham

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:54 pm

georgies best wrote:hope its the same as last time i seen oldham down here,walsall won easily and got promoted infront of MAN CITY!!!
lets not get carried away,eh?...just out of the bottom 4 will do georgie... :D :D :D

jeffsmate
UTS Veteran

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:48 pm

3-1 to walsall

Glitterati

Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:35 pm

2-0 to Walsall

Pedro
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:28 pm

Jorge14 wrote:

Yes Halsall knows who the leak is. I know who the leak in the youth team is ...........

Ace

Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:06 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:
AC_Loyalist wrote:Walsall 2 - 3 Oldham FT

come on AC weres you fighting spirit
the old black country backbone

If we win tomorrow I'll hold my hands up. We won't though, take my word 8)

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:52 am

what no cactus :mrgreen:

Jorge14
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:54 am

Pedro wrote:
Jorge14 wrote:

Yes Halsall knows who the leak is. I know who the leak in the youth team is ...........

Stonnall is getting like a Mafia drama...

Stories of leaks and ex-Manager's cronies threatening our board memebers.
Soon you won't be able to drive through Stonnall without having to duck the spray of bullets from angry and vengeful youth teamers.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:53 pm

So at half-time we rise two places if everything stays the same. I'd settle for that.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:25 pm

we need a win in this game. Don't forget we have Southend next and soon after that Swansea.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:29 pm

I will settle for 1-1- now

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:31 pm

How about 2-2

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:31 pm

Firkin disaster.

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:51 pm

We are really in the poo now.

Thanks Mr Bonser for letting that tw@ ruin our club...

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:59 pm

We are , but we will get out of it. And when we do I'm going for a pint in the Swan at Stonnall after the Barnsley game.

Stay up or go down that's got to be the venue for this season's end of season party.

Anyone else coming?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:19 pm

just got back in, one of the worst performances of the season, lacklustre, boring, toothless crap, we are going down. Bonser needs to appoint a manager now, on monday.

Ace

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:27 pm

See, I knew your optimism was impulsive. A loss was always on the cards. 8)

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:34 pm

AC_Loyalist wrote:See, I knew your optimism was impulsive. A loss was always on the cards. 8)

"I knew your optimism was impulsive" That must be a Marc Almond lyric?

That accompanied by your latest avatar proves you are becoming him.

Watch yourself Andrew or you might find that the end of season cactus is a double-ender.

Ace

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:
AC_Loyalist wrote:See, I knew your optimism was impulsive. A loss was always on the cards. 8)

"I knew your optimism was impulsive" That must be a Marc Almond lyric?

That accompanied by your latest avatar proves you are becoming him.

Watch yourself Andrew or you might find that the end of season cactus is a double-ender.

:lol: :lol:

I was right about today's result (maybe not the score)

and I'll be right in saying we are down.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Chris Nicholl will save us, and 20 fans from behind the goal will celebrate in the Swan at Stonnall.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:26 pm

Abject failure today.

Why play 3-5-2 if the game plan is to play long ball? :?
If that wasn't the plan, why did we do it? 5 across the middle, yet the lack of creativity was depressing. No room for Standing in that line up? Also, I'd have had Wright as the right wing back, and not played Pead. He offered little in my view. Instead, I'd have had Wright on the right, Smith on the left and found room for Standing in the middle.

Anyone know a creative midfielder who might be available for a game? Possibly a former international with a good record for assists in this division? :wink:

The annoying part is that Oldham are up for a play-off spot, and they're nothing special at all.

We are toothless up front.

amazing red

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:32 pm

cant believe we lost today against oldham they were awfull,we were(..........) :cry:

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:42 pm

Dreadful game today. We were obviously set up to try to stop Oldham playing and maybe sneak a goal, but with no Osborn and no Timm it was impossible to see where any creativity was going to come from, and indeed it didn't. Game just passed out midfield by, Beckett strolled past about six of our players for his goal, the second was a Mersonesque calamity, nothing whatsoever up front. We're surely going down. The most worrying thing is that I don't know what team we could have put out today that would have beaten Oldham, who have a very poor away record despite their league position. Like everyone else who beats us, they were well-organised but unspectacular.

Whoever the new manager is has got one hell of a difficult job. We had five loanees today, only one of whom (Mills) looked like he gave a remote toss. I say get the others out of the team, get back to the bread and butter stuff, players who will actually fight for the club and for their teammates.

Today was not good enough and I can only dread to think what's going to happen next week at Southend.

Hamstead Red

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:47 pm

Geordie yor as obsessed with that bloody pub more than Merson himself ! , and its not the feckin Swan .

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season