Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brentford (A) 4th February 2006 - League

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
sean511
UTS Regular

Brentford (A) 4th February 2006 - League

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:24 pm

we're dead.

68-0 to brentford.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Re: brentford v walsall

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:29 pm

sean511 wrote:we're dead.

68-0 to brentford.

Total exaggeration ! 68 - 1 at the very worst (own goal off a Keates shot, rebounds off the ref's back and the 'keeper's ar$e.

Must agree though, we're DEAD !

S.MURPHY

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:31 pm

67-0 theyve sold cambell to blues so he wont score the other1

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:37 pm

68 - 3

As I keep saying... I'm forever the optomist! :wink: :cry:

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if we play a lot better but I still suppose we'll lose.

I wonder whether it will be Smith or Leary who makes way for Keates. Actually, I suppose it will be Nicholls or Wright and we'll end up with square pegs in round holes again. It'll be OK two weeks later though when Keates is loaned out to Pelsall Villa and we bring in a WBA schoolboy who has only ever played left back as the solution to our problems up front. Despite only being 3'6" we will lump long balls up to him.

Sorry, getting carried away again. Mainly, I hope Roper returns.

coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Oh i ay sure about this one, im going for a good performance but not good enough!! I also hope roper will be back, with keates having a good game i think and getting us the goal :D
Brentford 2
Saddlers 1
:shock:

Mirek

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:54 pm

i think they will declare at 350-9

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:23 pm

2-0 to the Bees although we might scrape a goal.

Oakes will make the barclays sign at the fans again and we'll all shout at him at the same time from behind the goal and the gust from our angered voices will blow the ball to the other end of the pitch and catch their keep unaware. :roll:

sean511
UTS Regular

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:26 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:2-0 to the Bees although we might scrape a goal.

Oakes will make the barclays sign at the fans again and we'll all shout at him at the same time from behind the goal and the gust from our angered voices will blow the ball to the other end of the pitch and catch their keep unaware. :roll:

when was this?

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:30 pm

At both of our previous games.

sean511
UTS Regular

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:34 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:At both of our previous games.

i went to sjoke and didn't see that but i probably wasn't paying attention to him!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:49 pm

sean511 wrote:
Bristol Fan wrote:At both of our previous games.

i went to sjoke and didn't see that but i probably wasn't paying attention to him!

It's ok, he wasn't paying attention to any crosses that he comes to claim, that's why he never catches or punches them correctly.

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:10 pm

68-0 to brentford.

Would that be H/T or F/T Sean.

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:18 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:It's ok, he wasn't paying attention to any crosses that he comes to claim, that's why he never catches or punches them correctly.

What, he is allowed to catch or punch a ball?

Why didn't anybody tell him that then for crying out loud? What sort of supporters are we. :oops:

sean511
UTS Regular

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:18 am

Saddler Jim wrote:

68-0 to brentford.

Would that be H/T or F/T Sean.

full time, i'm optimistic!

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:24 am

Brentford Pub Guide on front page

The Uttoxeter Saddler

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:17 am

If this thread wasn't quite so funny it would be depressing...

I can see a 3 - 0 thrashing looming :(

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:38 am

Another do or die game for Merson, which I expect the players to respond and save his ass again!! :shock:

Brentford 1
Walsall 1

Colchester Saddler

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:42 am

can see a comfortable 2-0 for them....but im in the quandry (hopefully spelt right!!!) where i think that result is what i want to happen.....take the short term pain of the defeat and sliding ever closer to the bottom 4 (and possibly even in it) by sta ev.....SURELY that would be the final nail in merse`s coffin which would then give the new guy 16 games to keep us up.....no point getting draws, merse stays in his job, finally gets the sack with 5 games to go and leaving the new guy no time to rectify the situation.....so i will be there on sat but feeling as tho for the first time ever i want us to lose for the long term benefit of the club.......this is the level to which merse has dragged me to and no, i dont feel sorry for him......

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:55 am

Colchester Saddler wrote:can see a comfortable 2-0 for them....but im in the quandry (hopefully spelt right!!!) where i think that result is what i want to happen.....take the short term pain of the defeat and sliding ever closer to the bottom 4 (and possibly even in it) by sta ev.....SURELY that would be the final nail in merse`s coffin which would then give the new guy 16 games to keep us up.....no point getting draws, merse stays in his job, finally gets the sack with 5 games to go and leaving the new guy no time to rectify the situation.....so i will be there on sat but feeling as tho for the first time ever i want us to lose for the long term benefit of the club.......this is the level to which merse has dragged me to and no, i dont feel sorry for him......

Await criticism, you cant wish for your own team to lose. :shock:

Colchester Saddler

Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:01 am

wfc_2uk wrote:
Colchester Saddler wrote:can see a comfortable 2-0 for them....but im in the quandry (hopefully spelt right!!!) where i think that result is what i want to happen.....take the short term pain of the defeat and sliding ever closer to the bottom 4 (and possibly even in it) by sta ev.....SURELY that would be the final nail in merse`s coffin which would then give the new guy 16 games to keep us up.....no point getting draws, merse stays in his job, finally gets the sack with 5 games to go and leaving the new guy no time to rectify the situation.....so i will be there on sat but feeling as tho for the first time ever i want us to lose for the long term benefit of the club.......this is the level to which merse has dragged me to and no, i dont feel sorry for him......

Await criticism, you cant wish for your own team to lose. :shock:

ha, ha wfc i probably will get criticised but there is a massive context to the wish.....short term pain for long term health!!!!.....

bez

Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:14 am

Without an out and out goalscorer to call upon i think missed chances will cost us, i think we'll turn in a decent performance but a 1-0 defeat.

booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 am

wfc_2uk wrote:Await criticism, you cant wish for your own team to lose. :shock:

Yes this is where I normally climb aboard my high horse and start pontificating but I can't be bothered anymore.
Mind you Merson surely wouldn't be sacked on the strength of a defeat at high flying Brentford, unless it was a rugby score.
A home defeat to Scunthorpe would be more likely to invoke the sword of Damocles I would have thought.

Colchester Saddler

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:14 am

booster cogburn wrote:

Yes this is where I normally climb aboard my high horse and start pontificating but I can't be bothered anymore.
Mind you Merson surely wouldn't be sacked on the strength of a defeat at high flying Brentford, unless it was a rugby score.
A home defeat to Scunthorpe would be more likely to invoke the sword of Damocles I would have thought.

your probably right booster but thats another 2 games down the line, leaving only 15 to sort it out......any ideas on how many games Lee had left when he replaced Uncle Ray?????

Duke
Site Addict

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:14 am

4-0 To BRENTFORD Then Mr Bonser does what he should have done 12 months ago and sacks the manager that will do me nicely

PerStener
UTS Veteran

Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 pm

2-1 defeat

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:11 pm

Colchester Saddler wrote:
booster cogburn wrote:

your probably right booster but thats another 2 games down the line, leaving only 15 to sort it out......any ideas on how many games Lee had left when he replaced Uncle Ray?????

Don't know the number, but it was, of course, just a week before the 4th Round FA Cup tie, so around now!

Ace

Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:18 pm

Davedean's got it right I believe; 4-0 to the bumbles.

dler

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:41 pm

Brentford 0-7 Walsall

That b****** Merson will do anything to save his skin. Scum sucker!

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:07 am

We'll draw on Saturday, cream cracker Scunthorpe and Merse will be safe for another 6 weeks.

Next
Return to 2005-06 Season