Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Stoke City (A) 28/01/06- F.A Cup 4th Round

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Stu
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:39 am

I must admit, I'd be a little peeved if Devlin got in ahead of Wright. Purely because it means that a 33 year old who has come home to roost for his last pay day is going to get the nod over a 22 year lad of our own. Will that hinder Wright's development? Will it see us lose him to someone else coz he doesn't want to sit on the bench?

Espeically as Devlin isn't even definietly going to be hear next season. If he has a good spell now and then Coventry or Stoke, someone within commutable distance, come calling then we've benefitted him at a cost to ourselves.

sore saddler

Going nowhere .....fast !!

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:09 pm

Agree with Bristol and Stu.

Bristol is right about playing players out of position and Stu is right about the loan players.

Does PM (or anyone else) seriously believe that any of the loan players will be around after the end of this season ?
Is Paul Devlin going to get any better (where a younger player just might) ?

We played a load of kids and a few players committed to the club at Swansea and played much better than at Stoke.

I know its a huge risk playing kids - but the team we played at Swansea at least had their hearts in it ......... and will still be around if things go bad.
There's just a chance that if they played together for a while and got more confident that they could improve.
I see no chance of that happening with a load of uncommitted players and others playing out of position. javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
Crying or Very sad

Previous
Return to 2005-06 Season