Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bristol City 2nd January

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
TheSaddlers
UTS Veteran

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:05 pm

Kinsella and K.Taylor off - Osborn and Standing on. Now we've used all 3 subs, so it should be interesting now.

saddla
Site Addict

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:16 pm

sounds like we're getting back into the game a bit now, probably too late.

Stu
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:17 pm

Much better 2nd half performance, apparently Osborn has turned the game around and is controlling midfield.

Mind you, as always said, so easier to play when your 2-0 down with nothing else to lose. Maybe one day we'll start to play when a match kicks off and it'll last for 90 minutes.

Valence Finstorr

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:20 pm

duvelken wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote:And people on this forum talk about play offs
PATHETIC

it looks like indeed, but if we could have won today we could do a brilliant job at the table. Chesterfield-Barnsley 0-0 and also the other scores are good to look up. But now we probably lose, we'll have a few teams getting us (almost).

Problem in my post is just one word: "if"

IF we'd have picked up slightly more than 1 point from the last 21 available away from home - we might stand a chance of the playoffs- but we don't, and we never will under merson. He's had nearly two years to try and get us playing consistently, and we still dont.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:29 pm

Valence Finstorr wrote:IF we'd have picked up slightly more than 1 point from the last 21 available away from home - we might stand a chance of the playoffs- but we don't, and we never will under merson. He's had nearly two years to try and get us playing consistently, and we still dont.

maybe it was not clear in my post but i agree with that Valence

Valence Finstorr

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:35 pm

According to WM - Walsall have "looked like maybe creating a chance", and therefore according to those two muppets, we're playing much better - God, how badly did we play in the first half?

:lol: :lol:

We'm brilliant ay we.
Last edited by Valence Finstorr on Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:37 pm

Perhaps we could arrange for the rest of our games to be played just over the second 45 minutes!

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:39 pm

Very predictable as well Valence.

Valence Finstorr

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:40 pm

duvelken wrote:
Valence Finstorr wrote:IF we'd have picked up slightly more than 1 point from the last 21 available away from home - we might stand a chance of the playoffs- but we don't, and we never will under merson. He's had nearly two years to try and get us playing consistently, and we still dont.

maybe it was not clear in my post but i agree with that Valence

You were very clear, I thought i'd add the figures from the last 7 away games. It's soon to be 1 point from the last 24 available. Quite, quite atrocious.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:42 pm

Mick Kearns sounding gloomy now.

Ian Gittins

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:43 pm

Surrey Saddler wrote:Mick Kearns sounding gloomy now.

You wouldn't mistake him for Jim Carrey at the best of times.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:44 pm

There's another

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:45 pm

3-0
God knows what we are going to be like at Barsnley next saturday.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:45 pm

Mick Kearns sounds like he's either about to burst into tears of join in with the "we want Merson out" chants that I thought I just heard. Maybe that was just my wishful thinking though. First-half rubbish again, away we get punihed at home we dont because for some reason teams give us too much respect at home. More fool them, and thanks very much to them also, thanks very much Hartlepool, Blackpool, Gillingham and Rotherham for being so utterly cack.

0-3 against the team 5th bottom absolutely disgraceful - MERSON OUT NOW, get this tosser out of our football club.
Last edited by Geordiesaddler on Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

79 SADDLER

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:46 pm

3-0 what a load of crap im afraid merson must go and bonser as well!
Last edited by 79 SADDLER on Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:48 pm

Ian Gittins wrote:
Surrey Saddler wrote:Mick Kearns sounding gloomy now.

You wouldn't mistake him for Jim Carrey at the best of times.

Wasn't he in Batman?

toffo
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:49 pm

Just to reiterate a point Geordie made, Bristol City were in 20th position before this game with a goal difference of something like -15.
Souds like we made them look like a side pushing for promotion.
How much longer is it going to go on before the MAJORITY of fans are calling for his head.

Valence Finstorr

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:51 pm

toffo wrote:Just to reiterate a point Geordie made, Bristol City were in 20th position before this game with a goal difference of something like -15.
Souds like we made them look like a side pushing for promotion.
How much longer is it going to go on before the MAJORITY of fans are calling for his head.

The majority of season ticket holders do want him out. The floating fans [ie 3000 that have dissappeared in the last 2 years] - would rather just stop watching us. Remember, the real muppets are those who employ possibly the least talented manager we've ever had.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:52 pm

Thrashed again, shyte - go Merson just for pity's sake GO you are an absolute joke. Kearns reckons he would welcome mid-table meiocrity with open arms, so would I because in a half-decent division this manager would have us relegated HE IS EFFIN CLUELESS.

asimpson
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:57 pm

im really concerned about our away form!!!. It must be one of the worst in the football leauge.

I dont think its entirley mersons fault because we have proven at home we are capable of winning matches, our home form is very good indeed. there is something wrong with the team mentality when we travel.

Its not like we are losing home and away!!!.

WSOne
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:58 pm

But he's not going anywhere unless something's done. Something big.

Like Merson's always said, it's the fans who will get him the sack...

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:59 pm

Lets face it,this could have happened on saturday if Blackpool hadn't have been so poor.

Ian Gittins

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm

Valence Finstorr wrote:
The majority of season ticket holders do want him out. The floating fans [ie 3000 that have dissappeared in the last 2 years] - would rather just stop watching us. Remember, the real muppets are those who employ possibly the least talented manager we've ever had.

Correct, Valence. I'd consider myself a floating fan nowadays - not that I float to any other teams, I just don't go to many games any more. When Colin Lee was in charge and we had purpose and direction, I happily went off to Gillingham, Watford, MK Dons, even Sunderland. My interest levels dropped severely when Lee was (stupidly) fired and Merson has done nothing to re-ignite them, to the extent that I can only just be arsed to go to the game at Brentford, which is walking distance for me. Until Merson goes, I'm no longer that bothered - and the attendance levels show that I'm far from being alone. Frankly, I'd rather we'd lost 6-0 today to get this imbecile out and get a football team re-installed at Bescot.

Valence Finstorr

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm

Why the f@ck are the muppets on wm going on about how we lost the game in the first half. Are they stupid, or just simple? We lost the first half 2-0, and lost the second half 1-0. At no point in either did we test their defence or keeper!

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:03 pm

couldnt Merse job share. A different manager when we play away. :lol:

asimpson
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:05 pm

if merson goes like the majority on hear seem to want. who would replace him!!!. he will have no money and i just cant see what he would do differently to change the team.

can someone tell me what having a new manager would achieve.

im not pro or anti merson but i really dont think having another manager will change very much atall.

Valence Finstorr

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:08 pm

asimpson wrote:if merson goes like the majority on hear seem to want. who would replace him!!!. he will have no money and i just cant see what he would do differently to change the team.

can someone tell me what having a new manager would achieve.

im not pro or anti merson but i really dont think having another manager will change very much atall.

Train properly and get the players fit and able to compete for a start!!!

Stu
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:08 pm

asimpson, any new manager doesn't need money, doesn't need new players.

They just need to be disciplined and organized, bring a level of fitness and training into the club and instill some pride in the players.

Jesus wept, it sounds as if your trying absolve Merson of any blame.

dler

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:09 pm

Merson is not a manager. He's a liability who is totally clueless. We need someone who knows how to organise, motivate and train the players. I've never been a big fan but Dave Basset is available and he would be an enormous improvement over this loser.

asimpson
UTS Regular

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:12 pm

im not by any means, you dont need a new manager to get the players fit, you have to remember they have played 4 times in 8 days by anyones standard thats alot.

Maybe on the discipline issue i would agree merson dosent seem very capable atall.

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season