Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bradford A - December 28th.

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:39 pm

Me too Surrey,sod it.

toffo
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:43 pm

jeffsmate wrote:i,m sorry merson i was a fan but after tonight i,m sorry , i cannot support you any more, thats another supporter you lose, absolutely bloody crap.

I would never have called myself a fan but i've been hesitant in my critisicm because of the young age of our squad.
Well, tonight has seriously pissed me off, we played a team devoid of confidence and wins and go there with crap negative tactics trying to nick a point.

I feel sorry for the hardy few who made the journey and froze their nuts off to follow THEIR team, spend THEIR money on a freezing midweek night up north.
They deserve more than a crap manager ruining a decent set of youngsters.

I dont blame Merson for hanging on, where else is he going to go, i even have a bit of sympathy for him because he is out of his depth.

But the time has surely come.......

Up the saddlers, out with Merson, its just gone on too long.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:44 pm

i thought wed at least get a draw from a team thats won 1 in 9 even with the boy fryatt and bennett out

thanks merson you useless lump of crap

entertaining to see zippy and honest john though later trying to play this down

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:45 pm

Come on lads, it was difficult conditions to play football in, and we missed Fryatt up front, so we had to do the 451 with the personnel who were fit and available.

We improved during the game, and were unlucky not to come away with something, especially after that second half performance where we ruled the game for long periods and just didn't get the luck to have the ball in the net.

Looked good going forward, and unlucky with two set piece goals in slippery conditions for the keeper.

(Just thought I'd get all that in before any happy clapper thought of it. :wink: )

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:46 pm

Saddler Jim wrote:Me too Surrey,sod it.

Count me in - now, where's that Stella?

As Talking Heads so eloquently put it:

"WE'RE ON A ROAD TO NOWHERE"
Last edited by BathSaddler on Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:47 pm

toffo wrote:
jeffsmate wrote:i,m sorry merson i was a fan but after tonight i,m sorry , i cannot support you any more, thats another supporter you lose, absolutely bloody crap.

I would never have called myself a fan but i've been hesitant in my critisicm because of the young age of our squad.
Well, tonight has seriously pissed me off, we played a team devoid of confidence and wins and go there with crap negative tactics trying to nick a point.

I feel sorry for the hardy few who made the journey and froze their nuts off to follow THEIR team, spend THEIR money on a freezing midweek night up north.
They deserve more than a crap manager ruining a decent set of youngsters.

I dont blame Merson for hanging on, where else is he going to go, i even have a bit of sympathy for him because he is out of his depth.

But the time has surely come.......

Up the saddlers, out with Merson, its just gone on too long.

excellent post mate

Zippy
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:50 pm

Exile wrote:Come on lads, it was difficult conditions to play football in, and we missed Fryatt up front, so we had to do the 451 with the personnel who were fit and available.

We improved during the game, and were unlucky not to come away with something, especially after that second half performance where we ruled the game for long periods and just didn't get the luck to have the ball in the net.

Looked good going forward, and unlucky with two set piece goals in slippery conditions for the keeper.

(Just thought I'd get all that in before any happy clapper thought of it. :wink: )

Thank you Exile.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:51 pm

POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:52 pm

The post by fudge is on "A New Manager Please" thread on off topic. Have a look, I've ..... erm.....put him right, slightly.

Exile, so it's you that writes Merson after match speeches :wink:

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:54 pm

Zippyzip wrote:
Exile wrote:Come on lads, it was difficult conditions to play football in, and we missed Fryatt up front, so we had to do the 451 with the personnel who were fit and available.

Thankyou Exile

Zippy, is there a time when you'll say enough is enough ? Or will you support him forever more ?

Surely there must be a breaking point ?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:07 pm

Nah, he's case-hardened, that Zippy !

Zippy
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:24 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:Nah, he's case-hardened, that Zippy !

Totally Geoff.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:28 pm

Zippyzip wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:Nah, he's case-hardened, that Zippy !

Totally Geoff.

I think a head-case is more appropriate.

I can't see how supporting the manager just for supportings sake is good :?

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:30 pm

No Fat Controller report tonight, so the match report is short and to the point. Nothing else to be said, really.

Marty

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:07 pm

People need not read these threads because they know what people are going to say. Zippy & Co. will never going to turn on Merson while Neil and co. knock him at every single available chance.

I like to think i see each situation on it's merits.

I haven't been tonight but i do know that Bradford haven't played to well latley.

I also know we aren't the hottest side on the road.

It was a game where expected us to get at least 1 point from.

It hasn't happend so lets not dwell and move on to get the next three points.

C- so far this Christmas. Must do better.

London Saddler

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:28 am

The relegation countdown starts today! Gutless, useless, pathetic, lacking any class, any spirit, any bottle. Not fit to wear the shirts of the club i love

U know what the worst thing is? Despite the fact we were playing a totally useless team with an appalling home record, i fully expected us to get beaten very easily. Bradford had won 1 in 9. Bradford were on a run of 3-4 consecutive defeats including to the mighty Kidderminster. Prior to today only Swindon had lost more home games in our league. In fact they even lost their last home game to Rotherham (who had'nt won in about 16 games). Fans were on Todd's back big time. In fact rather like Tranmere who were also low on confidence and had an under fire manager. And we have managed a grand total of 2 points from these games

We lined up 4-5-1. Usual multiple changes made by Merse. I've said it before and i'll say it again. 4-5-1 is a rubbish formation and says to the opposition from the start 'we r crap and not good enough to beat u. Our defense is not good enough so needs the extra protection in front of it. Our midfield is not good enough with 4 players so we need an extra man. We don't care if our 1 man attack scores as our ambition is a 0-0 and to bore u to death'

Defensively we were utter shambles yet again. Gerard made a stupid uneccessary challenge for the free kick which led to their first goal. This is not the first time he has made a rickett in an away game and yet looks a world beater in home games. Pead is crap enough at right back let alone the incredible decision to play hime at left back. Ropes was ok. I don't disagree with Westwood playing right back as he is slightly less crap there than at centre back. Murphy was partly at fault for 2nd goal. He is basically having 3-4 solid games followed by a crap one which i suppose is an improvement on last season when he had 2 solid games followed by a crap one

What is going on with midfield? Kinsella and Osborn. Oh my god, it was back to the shambolic latter days of Colin Lee with an ageing, slow centre midfield pair devoid of any physical presence, any pace and any invention. Osbourne gave another performance to explain why the fans were on his back last season. As for Kinsella and Standing, the sooner we get them off our wage books the better. The Demon was ok and looked the only player who was going to create anything

Up front, well the Bradford goalkeeper didn't have a decent save to make. So in 2 games against very poor struggling opposition, we have managed to create a grand total of 2 chances. No blame to Jorge, he ran as he usually does but with no support in the 1st half and no support (unless u want to classify Nicholls or Constable as 'strikers or support') in the 2nd. I don't even want to get into where Matty was but if i was hime i wud leave ASAP to save let alone further his career

We have had no problems scoring this season, so if our goals dry up we really are in the crap. If our home wins dry up starting with a failure to beat another struggling team Blackpool on Saturday we can start preparing for freezing nights at Rochdale and Macclesfield next season. We have Bristol City away after that and we arn't good enough to get even a point there even if they were on a 10 match losing run like they were on earlier on this season let alone now that they have found their form. In fact i can see Merses post match excuses for Blackpool game now 'Oh they didn't have game midweek unlike us so were fresh whilst my players are tired and leggy and the pressure of winning this league has got to them!'

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:43 am

London Saddler wrote:We lined up 4-5-1. Usual multiple changes made by Merse. I've said it before and i'll say it again. 4-5-1 is a rubbish formation and says to the opposition from the start 'we r crap and not good enough to beat u. Our defense is not good enough so needs the extra protection in front of it. Our midfield is not good enough with 4 players so we need an extra man. We don't care if our 1 man attack scores as our ambition is a 0-0 and to bore u to death'

So much for futuresobright's claim of us being an attacking and inspirational team !

4-5-1 against the most out of form team in the league ??? fudge hell Merson, you are the biggest t*at that has ever existed.

READ THIS MERSON. You are not a tactical genius, you are not a motivational guru, you're no fitness coach. When it comes to getting the maximum out of the tools available to you, you score about 10% (on a good day). You're a failure, and I no longer want you bolloxing up my club, just so you can get some beer/gambling money.

On yer bike, you fudge failure. A football manager you will NEVER make.

MOSOC.

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:01 am

Zippyzip wrote:

Thank you Exile.

As much as I like you Zippy,stop hiding behind that wall,by the way what's happened to your mate Honest John.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:56 am

If any Walsall FC member of staff reads this board tell Jeff that all of us that forked out to travel and watch that load of b*ll*cks, we want our money back. I cannot remember a game where I have left and felt so annoyed and angry.
During the game I hurled abuse at Pead & D.Taylor which is very unlike me (I normally just hurl the abuse at Merse).

I freezed my tits off to watch ALL eleven players just stand and watch. We pay to watch. they are paid to PLAY! What was the logic behind.... Pead at left back,Westwood right back, Ishmel right wing then striker,Standing left midfield???? Even when he made his subs Standing played left wing and Ishmel right!! No one could be bothered again tonight. There must have been 150 Walsall fans that travelled up and fair play to the majority of us we kept singing, I just wish that the players would once in a while think about how much we pay and how much time we give up to watch these pathetic useless bunch "play".

Chris Westwood,Craig Pead,Daryl Taylor,Michael Standing,Mark Kinsella and Paul Merson you are not proud enough to wear the red shirt so do us all a favour and F**k off!

Sorry for the amount of bad language in this post, I am just so angry.

MOSOC

Bitter Tree Hugger
Notts

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:35 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Score draw.

But at least we won't lose! :D

Wanna bet

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:01 am

Dave Roe wrote:
London Saddler wrote:We lined up 4-5-1. Usual multiple changes made by Merse. I've said it before and i'll say it again. 4-5-1 is a rubbish formation and says to the opposition from the start 'we r crap and not good enough to beat u. Our defense is not good enough so needs the extra protection in front of it. Our midfield is not good enough with 4 players so we need an extra man. We don't care if our 1 man attack scores as our ambition is a 0-0 and to bore u to death'

So much for futuresobright's claim of us being an attacking and inspirational team !

4-5-1 against the most out of form team in the league ??? fudge hell Merson, you are the biggest t*at that has ever existed.

READ THIS MERSON. You are not a tactical genius, you are not a motivational guru, you're no fitness coach. When it comes to getting the maximum out of the tools available to you, you score about 10% (on a good day). You're a failure, and I no longer want you bolloxing up my club, just so you can get some beer/gambling money.

On yer bike, you fudge failure. A football manager you will NEVER make.

MOSOC.
could'nt have put it better myself dave,i just wish he would go.....NOW!!!FOR fudge SAKE!

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:59 am

Glad i didn't go now- my son did and texted me very brief message DIRE

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:59 am

Pizza was nice,

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:39 am

cheesebag wrote:Pizza was nice,

Merson Pizza-Off would be better !

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:51 am

wfc_2uk wrote:During the game I hurled abuse at Pead & D.Taylor which is very unlike me (I normally just hurl the abuse at Merse).

MOSOC

All the other players you mention deserve what they get including Jorge always gives 100% my arse foreign twerp, he's already got his mind back in Portugal and clearly doesn't want to get injured and Westwood can f*** off right now. At least out of position he was at right back and is right footed, I don't think he made one pass all night that found a blue shirt, like too many other players.

wfc if it was you I heard shouting all match from the back then you're lucky that someone didn't come and smack you. All the others you slag off above then fair enough but consider that Pead is a right back playing on the LEFT hand f***** side, this means that he is trying to clear balls with his wrong foot so some will go out of play. You go down the park now and try kicking 100 balls with your wrong foot and see how many you kick straight. Then call Mr f***** Osborn up to come down the park with you and get him to run towards you to take a 3 yard pass but by the time said lard arse Osborn has got near you there's a defender in the way to cut out the pass. If I was Pead I'd have told Osborn to f off and tell him that I want to play the passes early to some one in a blue shirt. As for Taylor, he is clearly lacking confidence big style so you and the other idiots shouting at him is going to kill him and he'll be consigned to WFC history like so many other talented players who will come back to haunt us in the future.

If you're going to slag off player do it to the experienced ones who are there to hold things together and keep the young ones motivated. i.e Kinsella, Osborn, Westwood, Leitao. GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

If only all you Osborn fans could have watched that game and tell me he's a passing machine, and this in the 4-5-1 formation you say he's perfectly suited to and with other players around him to pass to.

I sat in four hours of solid traffic on the M6, paid £18 to sit in the freezing cold (-5 said the thermometer when we got back in the car) for more than 90 minutes then have to watch that rubbish for the umpteenth time this season and hardly see us create a chance.

Those who didn't go won't appreciate how bad it really was unless you went to Slough, Colchester, Huddersfield (last year or this), Barnsley, Oldham, etc etc etc need I say more?

And those who are still supporting Merson, I doubt you have been to more than a couple of all these atrocious away performances under him which says it all really.

MFOSOC

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:54 am

PS - There was a pitch inspection less than 30 minutes before kick off. If they'd called it off then there would have been a riot, even if it was just me.

PPS - When entering the ground they gave out vouchers entitling you to go back to a replay if the game was abandoned.

Schizo on NMFE has said that we should send them all back to the club with an SAE and ask for our money back from WFC. Of course it won't return but if sent with a letter asking why this clown is still in charge of our football team then it would make a bloody good point.

WS1
UTS Regular

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:12 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:PS - There was a pitch inspection less than 30 minutes before kick off. If they'd called it off then there would have been a riot, even if it was just me.

Wrong MMF, I was sitting in my seat at 7.05pm and we was informed by a steward at 7.pm that the game was on.

WS1
UTS Regular

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:19 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:If any Walsall FC member of staff reads this board tell Jeff that all of us that forked out to travel and watch that load of b*ll*cks, we want our money back. I cannot remember a game where I have left and felt so annoyed and angry.
During the game I hurled abuse at Pead & D.Taylor which is very unlike me (I normally just hurl the abuse at Merse).

MOSOC[/size]

Grow up pal, it was a poor performance from the Saddlers, you have two choices like I have go or stay away.

Nobody makes you go, like me you have the the option and I will be at Ashton Gate as well as being at Oakwell.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:22 pm

For the last time, will people stop trying to blame players for this mess? Pead out of position, Westwood out of position, Taylor brought back too early, Taylor playing with an injury. None of that is their fault. As for Osiie, I'm not saying he's playing well, but in that eleven, with the tactics and lack of movement and fitness, Lampard would struggle. Why do you think the best midfield display this season was Kinsella and Skora? Because Kinsella had someone in front of him wanting the bloody ball.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:23 pm

wfc if it was you I heard shouting all match from the back then you're lucky that someone didn't come and smack you

No MMF it wasnt me at the back, I know who you are on about though. Its the bloke that turns up two hours before the coach leaves and does nothing but moans at home games with his dad. I sat on the front row so when Pead and DT were around that area they got a damn good ear bashing.
I know what your trying to say about Pead, but that lad as annoyed me for far too long. He has had one or two good games since hes played for us. Also DT is very weak. You cannot play in a division like this with one inch legs and you certainly cannot back out of challenges.

I just used DT and Pead because they were so poor and were often near to myself. If Westwood had come within a foot of me I would have punched him, that guy is useless!
Surely the last line of my rant last night showed what players I feel are useless....

Chris Westwood,Craig Pead,Daryl Taylor,Michael Standing,Mark Kinsella and Paul Merson you are not proud enough to wear the red shirt so do us all a favour and F**k off!

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season