Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bradford A - December 28th.

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
sj
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:25 pm

Surrey have you made that call yet

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:27 pm

Not yet SJ. It may be next week now because I am busy tomorrow and we are probably in Walsall this weekend

sj
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:33 pm

If I go for a walk/hike on Sunday would you be up for it?
Don't know as yet if its defo on but it may well be.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:34 pm

oh dear...

anyone know where this is on the radio, if not WM?

sj
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:35 pm

Don't think its on the Radio Exile . Aren't signed up for Saddler World?

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:36 pm

Both goals so far are from set pieces....

...and saddlersworld's not worth it.

sj
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:38 pm

We are poor aren't we. My boss is a Walsall fan and he thinks the football is dire at the moment. Just thought I'd share this with you. :shock:

sj
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:40 pm

It is they have left the mike on again and Kearns is going to get the tea

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:42 pm

If we are in Walsall this weekend I will let you know on Saturday at the game, SJ. Have you got a mobile. If so e mail me. By the way, my zimmer frame runs out of juice at 5 miles :D

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Exile wrote:oh dear...

anyone know where this is on the radio, if not WM?

I doubt it.... but if it is, you will find it (if you have time!) somewhere on this listing...

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:48 pm

They are playing that tune. Do you remember it at Cardiff...Rockin all over the world. What has happened to this club of ours :( :cry:

toffo
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:52 pm

How long have you got?
i'm just sick and tired of it.
I expect to lose every away game.

sj
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:53 pm

toffo-- join the bo0dy club :evil:

Acuman

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:04 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh another missed chance to climb the table, we would have been up about 8th albeit
due to games called off, this is just not good enough !!!

ITS GOOD NIGHT FROM ME

Wyrleysadler

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:07 pm

D.Taylor off Nichols on

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:08 pm

A team he has a chance against what's he do only plays one striker,result 2-0 down at 1h/t,there keeper has not had one shot to save,according to radio wm at poor poor performance.makes you want to cry,what crap. :cry: :cry:

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:10 pm

I've never felt so good in my life about not bothering to go to a game before as I did when I saw tonight's team selection. Talk about surrendering before a ball's even been kicked.

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:15 pm

I was thinking that SaddlerJim.

Bradford had lost 5 straight matches coming into tonight, their last 9 matches had a record of W1 D2 L6, so what do we do, play 1 up front.

Merson, your different class!

sj
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:17 pm

I'm seething at the moment. I'm off the watch an animal programme on the telly.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:17 pm

He's different clarse,
He can't tell his elbow from his arse,
Pauly Merson,
Pauly Merson.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:19 pm

Stu wrote:I was thinking that SaddlerJim.

Bradford had lost 5 straight matches coming into tonight, their last 9 matches had a record of W1 D2 L6, so what do we do, play 1 up front.

Come on Stu, as far as futresobright is concerned "we've never had it so good". Good old Meeeeeeerse.

Futuresoroseycoloured wrote:Merson's achievements:
Managing to keep us up last season despite losing the KEY player - Jimmy Walker. In the past the loss of key players - David Kelly, Colin Taylor, Junior - resulted in relegation.
Building a squad that genuinely excites both fans and scouts. Lets go through them again... Fox, Gerrard, Nicholls, Bennett, Gilmartin, Ishmel, Fryatt, Wright, Taylor, Taylor, Constable...to name just the ones making waves this season.
Succeeding in keeping the team well in touch of the play offs despite horrendous injuries to key players.
Raising Walsall's profile to a degree never before attained.
Replacing the over cautious approach of Graydon and Lee with a commitment to attacking, and occasionally inspirational, play.
Improving team morale so that now instead of losing games in the second half we fight to the end. The Forest performance was surely our greatest day since PM made his debut.

Geoff has been watching for 50 years. For over 40 of those we have been struggling in the bottom two divisions. Forget the myth of a glorious past. Keep the faith in PM. The future is bright.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:24 pm

had the chance to go today and didnt. Im very glad i havent, brother said it was a dosshole (his opinion) and i knew wed do something like this

whats made it worse is a forest fan mate piped up "why do you only play well against us, youre cack"

i feel like punching merson and his frigging lackeys very hard, mmf jokingly said if anyone fancies a pint down the swan one of the days. i do just to tell merson what a shite job hes doing

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:25 pm

Dave,

Where did you dig that load of tripe up from? That's got to be the biggest wind up since Ipswich Foreign Fan.

Its gets worse as well, Bristol City are winning again tonight. If memory serves me right, that gives them 10pts out of their last 12 if they win and we go there on the 2nd Jan, what great timing.

jeffsmate
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:26 pm

i,m sorry merson i was a fan but after tonight i,m sorry , i cannot support you any more, thats another supporter you lose, absolutely bloody crap.

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:31 pm

What's happened to the chat line.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:34 pm

After tonight we're going to be closer in terms of points and places to the relegation zone than the play off places.

Merson OUT.

No matter how many times people think we've turned the corner, we haven't. One step forward, one step back. If Fryatt goes along with Leitao, we'll be enjoying trips to Rochdale and Barnet next season, with Bristol City and Tranmere bound to improve and move away from the relegation zone.

While nobody could seriously have expected us to do anything other than lose tonight, it's still massively depressing. "Nine points over Christmas", promised Merson (much like last season). Well, two games down, one point achieved. So only the eight needed from the next two games, then, one of which is at the massively-improved Bristol City.

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:34 pm

Could'nt pick his nose let alone a football team Stu.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:37 pm

That's it. I going for a drink

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:38 pm

Dave Roe wrote:

Come on Stu, as far as futresobright is concerned "we've never had it so good". Good old Meeeeeeerse.

Futuresoroseycoloured wrote:Merson's achievements:
Managing to keep us up last season despite losing the KEY player - Jimmy Walker. In the past the loss of key players - David Kelly, Colin Taylor, Junior - resulted in relegation.
Building a squad that genuinely excites both fans and scouts. Lets go through them again... Fox, Gerrard, Nicholls, Bennett, Gilmartin, Ishmel, Fryatt, Wright, Taylor, Taylor, Constable...to name just the ones making waves this season.
Succeeding in keeping the team well in touch of the play offs despite horrendous injuries to key players.
Raising Walsall's profile to a degree never before attained.
Replacing the over cautious approach of Graydon and Lee with a commitment to attacking, and occasionally inspirational, play.
Improving team morale so that now instead of losing games in the second half we fight to the end. The Forest performance was surely our greatest day since PM made his debut.

Geoff has been watching for 50 years. For over 40 of those we have been struggling in the bottom two divisions. Forget the myth of a glorious past. Keep the faith in PM. The future is bright.

Christ Dave, on what thread did he write that bl**dy tripe! Even the bit about raising Walsall's profile, which I almost agreed with, was of course down to Colin Lee bringing him here ! And what is he trying to say about the time I've been watching the Saddlers, I just don't get his point. What I can say is that, yes, I've been watching them for almost that long, and I can never remember a single time when we've had a squad of this quality under-achieving their potential as badly as this lot under Merson's pathetic leadership, if that's the right word for it !

Finished 2-0, and Kearns says we've demonstrated our inconsistency away from home. Well actually Mick, NO, you are wrong, we are totally CONsistent away from home, consistently CRAP !!

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:39 pm

Although I did'nt expect much this is very disappointing. As has been pointed out elsewhere that line up was totally negative from the off, against a side on a poor run of form and with a manager under pressure.

In desperation he seems to move to 433 with 20 minutes left and we barely create a chance. If fryatt does go, it will be suicide for us.

Crap, UTTER CRAP.

MOSOC

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season