Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hartlepool (H) - 17th December 2005 - League

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:19 pm

sid swifty wrote:This thread is getting to the point where you need to be under the influence of a spliff to understand it, so here goes! yes man,i see it all now,like wow man! :shock:

I couldn't agree more. :wink:

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:30 pm

King Crimson wrote:
sid swifty wrote:This thread is getting to the point where you need to be under the influence of a spliff to understand it, so here goes! yes man,i see it all now,like wow man! :shock:

I couldn't agree more. :wink:

Sorry I thought it was the Descartes thread.

Anyway according to Saddlers World Matty's goal has just been ruled out by a very late flag.

0-0, sh!te, MERSON OUT!

sid swifty
Glitterati

Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:40 pm

O-O ? YES!!! THATS MY COUPON UP,DRINKS ALL ROUND GUYS :D OR SHOULD THAT BE SPLIFFS ALL ROUND ? :?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:47 pm

Sorry to mention the match again but thought some might be interested in these stats I've just found.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=4104

sid swifty
Glitterati

Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:51 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:Sorry to mention the match again but thought some might be interested in these stats I've just found.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=4104
WELL THEY CANT BE RIGHT MMF,CUS GEORDIE RECKONS IT WAS O-O AFTER ALL,SO IT MUST HAVE BEEN A DREAM.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:06 pm

Actually in the Sunday Sun (local North-East Sunday rag) they had the banner headline as 2-1 to us!

Saturday also saw The Pink abolished up here due to the ever-changing kick-off times, sad days.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:26 pm

Dave Gittins wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:I must start telling the ticket office which seats I DON'T want to sit in in future. The last two games I've been sititng by these 2 or 3 old blokes that do nothing but slag EVERY Fryatt touch. Non - fudge - stop. Apparently he dosn't ever release the ball, they haven't quite figured out yet that it could be because 90% of the time he receives the ball there ain't another player within 20 yards of him. Also he's not very good at controlling the balls played to him, they again fail to realise that humping 30 yard balls up to him, about 12 foot in the air isn't really playing to his strengths.

I had major satisfaction turning round to them and flicking the V's when he scored, shouting "Fourteen goals, fourteen fudge goals". Childish, but it felt good.

Put him in a team that plays little balls into his feet and clever diagonal passes and that lad will fudge clean up. He's already on course for 25 goals this season with our "lump it forward" mentality.

I heard them as well, moaning at him all match.

You must be sitting next to Percie then

Previous
Return to 2005-06 Season