Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Huddersfield (A)- 15th October 2005

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:35 pm

I hope Merson got the idea when 400 walsall fans were singing "merson time to go". There comes a time when you really need to halt the sinking ship and getting a new face on board. Too be honest to the zips and ernests out there, fair enough if you really see Merson as a saviour but its getting more and more worrying and I dont think that he can do it. I just hopee JB realises this sooner rather than later.

According to Merse in the Sunday Mirror "Judge the performance by the reaction of our fans. They clapped us of at the end. They know our situation and appreciate the efforts we are putting in. What we need is a killer instinct."

And a manager! :lol:

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:58 pm

I went out for a pint this afternoon and from all over the place poeple who know I'm a Walsall fan were coming over and saying stuff like "Hi Davey did you see the Shearer header that went ovr the line etc...." and then within 30 seconds" Read your lot were superb yesterday according to Merson, apparently you all gave a standing ovation" its amazing the power of bullsh!t this bloke has. Even a Saddlers fan living 200+ miles away is engulfed by it, he has the Sunday red-tops eating out of his hand.
If Colin Lee had one tenth of Merson's "ability" to write his own version of reality he'd be manager of England with Ulrika washing the kit and Faria making the away trip butties.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:18 pm

We only need a killer instinct or "to start taking our chances" because we concede more goals than a blind muppett on acid.

Maybe if we didn't have to score 3/4 goals to win a match, then we'd actually get somewhere.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:22 pm

Stu wrote:We only need a killer instinct or "to start taking our chances" because we concede more goals than a blind muppett on acid.

Maybe if we didn't have to score 3/4 goals to win a match, then we'd actually get somewhere.

Yes its amazing that in the last 53 weeks we've played Huddersfield 3 times, and on one remarkable ocassion due to an amazing individual performance by Fryatt we managed to top their 3 goal output. Kept Merson in a job that one, more's the pity.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:29 pm

Stu wrote:We only need a killer instinct or "to start taking our chances" because we concede more goals than a blind muppett on acid.

Putting our defensive record aside for a minute, there's no chance of us scoring 3/4 goals too often because if you look at our goals scored in the last couple of months we've had to rely on penalties a couple of own goals and goals from free kicks including yesterday and last week. Its just as well we take good free kicks because we're hardly scoring from open play recently which is worrying.

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:43 pm

I think that the useless twerp has created an mood of apathy at the club. the fans seem to have no real desire to call for his head. I remember shouting "Barnwell out" from the Hilary Street end, and shouting for a forgotten manager to be sacked, outside the main entrance to the bescot. We've never worried about upsetting the players before, IMO these tended to be more spontaneous and were indicative of how we were feeling at the time, rather than talked through and planned via a message board. If you want to shout for him to go just do it when you want and bugger the players feelings, they may want to join in too! The players seem as apathetic to play for him, hence the fact we aren't creating chances.

steelmass

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:51 pm

the key thing for me was that westwood causes more problems that he is worth, also i have never known a levlel of disinfranchement with the whole walsall set up not that i blame them crowds will keep dropping and the usual gloryhunters crow like that villa idiot

Previous
Return to 2005-06 Season