Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MK Dons: predictions without protest

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:58 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
AC_Loyalist wrote:If no other positives have come from the result, at least my arse has remained in tact :D

I could make an obvious joke about wfc_2uk after that comment...but I won't. :wink: :lol:

And here was me going to help you with your protest, not anymore! :P

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:02 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
AC_Loyalist wrote:If no other positives have come from the result, at least my arse has remained in tact :D

I could make an obvious joke about wfc_2uk after that comment...but I won't. :wink: :lol:

And here was me going to help you with your protest, not anymore! :P

Yeah MMF, you can stick it up your arse now (the protest that is) :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:14 pm

:lol: :lol:

There's too many smiley's going on here, back to depressing matters.

I've just watched the highlights from Saturday on Saddlers World. How anyone can say Westwood played well after that I'll never know.

If you haven't got Saddlers World try to watch the goal on the local TV tonight. McLeod goes past him like he's not there. He was about 6 yards away from McLeod when he should have been making a tackle. If that was Roper, he may have clattered him and got booked but they wouldn't have scored. That goal as much as any highlights just how unorganised we are at the back.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:22 pm

People say he needs a big man next to him to sort out the stuff in the air, which will leave him free to sort out the stuff on the ground. I ain't see anything decent from him wherever the ball is.

Stu
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 pm

McLeod goes past 3/4 men like they're not there.

In all fairness, nobody would have got near him as McLeod had build up 20 yards of momentum. The question to be asked is where was the midfield to start with before you look at the centre halves.

Bennett had an absolute mare, so from where I was, Westwood spent most the match trying to do the role of 2 centre halves.

Stalky

Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:39 pm

Forgive me for repeating much of what has already been said.

I have watched the Saddlers for over 50 (yes 50!) years and I have difficulty in remembering a worse performance than on Saturday. I don't think it's just that my memory is not what it was!

From the moment the team was announced, it was obvious that the ultra-lightweight midfield was going to be overpowered. So it was.

Is Fryatt really worth £1m? Grab it quickly - if it is ever offered.

Pead was the worst at booting the ball wildly upfield, until he was injured.

When will someone (who?) tell Walsall goalkeepers to roll the ball out so that it can be played through the midfield, rather than hoofing it up to our midget (hope that's PC) strikers.

Has Kris Taylor played his last game for Walsall? Surely he and Kinsella are better than we saw in midfield on Saturday.

I didn't see Husbands earlier this season, (is he any good?) but he too is apparently out of favour. Has Merse lost the dressing room, as well as all the other failings?

I have been in favour of giving him a chance, but he is changing my mind for me.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:47 pm

All of the blokes at my work were goin on about how bad the England game was. They couldn't quite believe it when I said that compared to the Walsall game it was a pleasure to watch, like a breath of fresh air. :cry:

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:37 am

A mate of mine from work went to the England game and was also moaning about the standard of it. I simply told him that at least he hadn't come out of the ground very depressed like most of us.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:53 am

I was having similar conversations with Bag Ladies about how lucky they'd been to not have to watch a game at the weekend. Trouble is, one of them said some of his crowd witnessed a right load of tripe, as they went to Bescot!

Previous
Return to 2005-06 Season