Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MK Dons: predictions without protest

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Ace

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:21 pm

:lol:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:23 pm

as AC is a superfan he will be glad to do the cactus-thing :lol:

Ace

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:23 pm

Oh yeah, just doing my bit for the club 8)

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:47 pm

2-2 . With us making MK look good. Bescot quiet as a morgue.
AC renamed Cactus jack.

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:52 pm

We'll win 3-1.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:42 pm

If we win - instead of chanting Merson Out - we can chant "Catcus Out" (or maybe both!) :lol:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:11 pm

2-1. Demontagnac and Husbands.

This is the team I'd play.

Ruddy

Fox
Westwood
Bennett (looks like Gerrard is out)
Pead

Gillett
Osborn
Standing
Husbands

Demontagnac
Fryatt (or Jorge if he's injured)

It was nice to see some width and pace last week in the first half and if we have Husbands on the right it would give us an attacking option all across the pitch.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:22 am

Couldnt agree more Mate

toffo
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:28 am

Metfan is your avatar a picture of wednesbury chuch?
If so why?
Are you the vicar?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:59 am

[quote="toffo"]Metfan is your avatar a picture of wednesbury chuch?
If so why?
Are you the vicar?[/quote

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah its the wednesbury church and no i am regretful in informing, I am not the vicar :lol:

toffo
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:14 am

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
toffo wrote:Metfan is your avatar a picture of wednesbury chuch?
If so why?

Yeah its the wednesbury church and no i am regretful in informing, I am not the vicar :lol:

Thats a shame as you could have said a few prayers for Merson and the team.
I think hes gonna need em if we lose today

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:26 am

toffo wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:
toffo wrote:Metfan is your avatar a picture of wednesbury chuch?
If so why?

Thats a shame as you could have said a few prayers for Merson and the team.
I think hes gonna need em if we lose today

Ill be like a 'cleric' not mentioning any social groups of course :wink: if we lose today

PerStener
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:00 pm

This is the official starting eleven.

32. John Ruddy
2. Craig Pead
5. Chris Westwood
17. Julian Bennett
3. Daniel Fox
14. Mark Wright
8. Simon Osborn
18. Joe Broad
34. Simon Gillett
12. Matt Fryatt
33. Ishmel Demontagnac

SUBS
31. Rene Gilmartin (GK)
6. Ian Roper
7. Michael Standing
16. Mark Kinsella
29. Ruben Dario Larrosa

toffo
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 pm

bloody ell joe broad :!:
if he scores today i'll take my place alongside AC, cactus in hand or maybe somewhere else

Bitter Tree Hugger
Notts

Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:56 pm

WarsawPact wrote:We'll win 3-1.

Wanna reconsider ??

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:31 pm

The level of anger and absolute disgust from that is high. very high. Zippy, ernest, percie, swallow your pride and realise the truth. Come on, you have to believe in us now, Bye Merson

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:41 pm

Abject failure. Terrible. Disgraceful. We deserved nothing from the game today. MK Dons came here with a plan (know what one of those is Paul?) and stuck to it. They did the simple things well and deserved to win the game.

We, however, appear to be unfettered by such things as plans, tactics, positional play etc. We prefer more freedom. Freedom to go wherever you feel like (especially if it's away from the ball), freedom to hide, freedom to be half-hearted in the challenge. No one really distinguished themselves today. I thought the Brentford game was about as low as we could go in terms of entertainment, but I was wrong. We hoofed the ball in the vain hope that someone would use it. MK Dons got the ball to their front two, where it stuck until the move could continue. Simple really. But effective. I'd rather have their front two than ours any day on this afternoon's performance.

Attendance scraped to 5000. Ground like a morgue. We escaped with a point against a poor team. Simply, we are going backwards.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:43 pm

Today was just a nothing performance. It was shocking. Great to grab an equaliser, but it just glosses over another complete debacle. Merson swingometer now -20. (was + before the Cheaterfield match). An another note, great to see a few members of the UTS community prematch. Good to meet duvelken and his entourage as well. Metfan, totally understand your fury. Wheres the incentive to go to Huddersfield? Oh well, better sign off. Due in Bra Sport for the England match. Can't wait :wink:

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:54 pm

I am so glad that it only cost me a fiver today because I feel robbed by even paying that much. This was a performance totally lacking in purpose and direction. When we had that free kick deep into stoppage time I turned to Leamore Saddler and said "If we salvage anything from this....."

To be totally frank I am in two minds whether or not I am glad we salvaged a point - obviously from a lifelong Saddlers fan perspective I am pleased but another defeat would have been another nail in the managerial coffin of Paul Merson.

How long before Zippy sees the light and joins the ranks of the Merson must go brigade?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:56 pm

Percie has just joined the merson out ranks, he has seen the light

fensaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:14 pm

A streaky home point against a poor side fourth from bottom. How much longer? For the first time ever, I was disappointed when we scored, because it may just have rescued Merson from the sack, at least for one more week. Just not good enough.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:52 pm

I'm glad others have mentioned their reaction to the Walsall goal. I jumped up and shouted "Yes", but part of me thought "Oh God, that's probably brought Merson another week or two". A bit of pain now may very well have been worth the immense gain of Merson leaving.

Come on Zippy, let's have the reasons why we should be looking to the future with optimism.

Even more than yesterday "WE WANT MERSON OUT".

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:52 pm

:oops:

nothing more to add

:oops:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:54 pm

yeah, zippy where are you ? :D

Ace

Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:21 pm

MK Dons were the better team today, and if their finishing was more up-to-scratch it should have been 0-2 at half time.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:38 pm

For the 2nd time in succession I decided to ring WM, I've got to vent my spleen to someone.

What an absoluted shambles, un-organised, ill-disciplined, no passion, no desire, no idea, no clue, no plan.

Bloody awful. Wake up Bonser, before you see the crowds hit 4500.

Huddersfield (A), Donny (H) and Barnsley (A) in our next 3. 1 point at best on current form.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:07 pm

Stu wrote:For the 2nd time in succession I decided to ring WM, I've got to vent my spleen to someone.

Heard you Stu. Thought you tried to make some good points, but the presenter seemed to find our situation rather amusing. He was very 'glib' and, for someone who wasn't there, seemed amazed that we ungrateful sods could possibly want rid of the legend that is his mate, Paul Merson. Why WM have a phone-in hosted by someone not at the game (and it was the only local game on) is beyond me.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:10 pm

I'm afraid a full match report was beyond me, as you'll see from the front page. Abject. There's another good word.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:19 pm

King Crimson wrote:Abject failure. Terrible. Disgraceful.

I'm glad you agree, Neil. 'Shocking' (your final line of the match report) is to my mind not true. With Merson in charge, and when we saw the first eleven (and the bench for that matter), there was nothing shocking about the performance or the result. Merson Out :(

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:28 pm

That was so boring, I nearly fell to sleep second half. Reminding me so much of the later Colin Lee era (even then we still had organisation)
Mr Merson looked a little like Sven on the sidelines today he never moved. The only movement I saw was from Kinsella.
I heard some idiot phoning in WM asking for Merson to be given til Christmas, I think if Merson is given til Christmas I think there will be alot of suicidal saddlers because they certainly wont want to watch this every week.

I thought Broad,Ruddy,Ozzie and Ishmael did OK. Why does Westwood keep playing? He looks like Rio and he certainly reminds me of him, too big headed and pi$$es about on the ball far too long.

I just hope we dont get to 5pm on Monday and there has not been a press conference from the Bescot because I cant take much more.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH!

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season