Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Yeovil Town- 10th September 05 (a)

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:24 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
SACK SVEN wrote:SACK SVEN

Will you please piss off and stop infiltrating EVERY bloody thread on this site, you nauseating nob!

SACK WHITING.

no discipline. :wink:

aldridge sadler

yoevil

Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:28 pm

team 4-5-1
oakes
pead gerrard westwood fox
osborn
wright standing merson k taylor
leitao

subs gilmartin roper kinsella fryatt wrack

another clean sheet (3 in a row) gerrard will score from a merson corner

one-nil to the saddlers :lol: :lol:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:11 pm

derbysaddler wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
SACK SVEN wrote:SACK SVEN

Will you please piss off and stop infiltrating EVERY bloody thread on this site, you nauseating nob!

SACK WHITING.

no discipline. :wink:

Thank you derby. I'll get me coat ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu
UTS Legend

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Derby, no no no. No more Merson and Standing in the same team, its obvious to a blind man in a 100ft hole that Standing's performances always dip when Merson plays. The sooner Merse realises it ,the better.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:32 am

AC_Loyalist wrote:Oh, for the benefit of non-attenders and overseas Saddlers i'll be doing a picture showcase for Saturday's game 8)

Great idea AC :!: Let me know saturday (or sunday) where i can find them!!

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:39 pm

How brilliant is this, to get on here in the early hours of Monday morning and it's just like Saturday at Yeovil had never happened.

Maybe it was just a nightmare, and I'll wake-up soon to find that we didn't really throw the game away to the worst side in the division, but really won 5-1.

I feel sure the news will be good in the E&S later today! :D

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:41 pm

Oh, I see the clock hasn't been put right during site repairs. That was posted at 00.39am, NOT 11.39pm! :?

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:35 am

Second half shambles at Yeovil. How can a team that dominated the first half and was sitting pretty come out after the break and just roll over?

toffo
UTS Regular

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:42 am

Surrey Saddler wrote:Second half shambles at Yeovil. How can a team that dominated the first half and was sitting pretty come out after the break and just roll over?

Should have been all over in the first half. We had plenty of chances.

Yeovil were poor in first half and must have had a right bollocking at half time. They were much more aggressive in second half and we didnt match this aggressive approach.

Were the players affected by Darrens injury? You never know, but you hope that they were professional enough to keep their mind on the game.

Tackle on Darren looked a bit rash to me, the guy didnt even get a yellow.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:23 am

Having had the journey home and then the weekend to reflect, and see the goals on t.v., I thought there were few positives to take from the game. Yes, we did dominate first half and like others I thought Wrack looked up for it. I don't think there is a case for both Ossie and Kinsella in a 4-4-2. There was no real penetration from midfield. Much of their attacking in the second half came down the right, and when Kris Taylor went walkabout we looked very vulnerable. Oh, for a genuine left winger!

Main plus for me was Husbands. Looked quick and committed, with good feet. Could do well, if stays fit.

Hard luck the lads. Thought they were kicked around the park at times too. We rarely meet the physical challenge of teams well. Thought this was the case again on Saturday. :(

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:11 am

Doesn't matter anyway - we played well but lost.

I would much rather see us play well and lose.

In fact, Merson is such a great manager that he some how manages to create an illusion. He makes long term loyal football fans look stupid.

"We lost, but we played well"

Merson hasn't learnt, and will not learn. Time for a 'proper' manager.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:20 am

Guest, I agree with you. I called for Mersons head far too soon last season but I shut up gave him time and now it as come for him to resign and give someone else a chance to try and save another wasted season. People will say hang on its only 8 games into the season, but after 8 games Merse has proved he hasnt learned nothing from last seasons debacle.
Please follow Tinnions actions Merse and resign.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:37 am

I thought it was only fair to give Merson a chance this season because of our terrific end to last season. He's had that chance now and I don't see much real reason to suspect that this season will be better than last one. In theory at least we're tighter at the back, but our goals against column would suggest otherwise. It midfield and up front it's the same problems, and still no solution seems to be on offer.

I bet on Saturday Merson will play, it'll be 4-3-1-2, and it'll be last season all over again. He's just not good enough.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:11 am

On the official site, Merson said we lost because we had "a mad 15 minutes". Sorry, that's not true. We were dire for the whole second half, really really poor, and a pub team would have beaten us. It was 45 minutes not 15.

Enniskillen
UTS Veteran

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:21 am

Was it really a MAD 15 minutes or poor management?

When Wrack was injured, surely the obvious substitution was Wright (if he isn't good enough he shouldn't be on the bench). Keep the same shape!
And why take both Osborn and Kinsella off - surely 1 or the other but not both!

Merson doesn't have a clue.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:06 am

Im fed up with Merse. Same problems this season. Its his team and we simply aint performing.
Hes been given a chance by alot of walsall fans which is very surprising considering how fickle we were with Lee. But after 60+ games under merses management I really cant see no improvement.
Time for a change.
Taxi for Merson.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:13 pm

agree with some opinions above. I do agree that we have given him time, we have had no improvement. 60 games in he still doesnt know his best 1st team & formation. I just think in a years time we will still be in the same position discussing the same points about Merses decisions.

MERSON OUT

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:12 pm

Enniskillen wrote:
And why take both Osborn and Kinsella off - surely 1 or the other but not both! Merson doesn't have a clue.

Yes agreed, and I'd also ask the question, "Why have Osborn and Kinsella ON together in the first place?".

It never works, never has, never does, never will - why is it that Merse doesn't see that for himself ? :x

bournemouthsaddler

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:31 pm

I thought Yovil had a really friendly feel to it. Nice folks. Their team in the first half was about the worst home team I have seen in ages, no cofidence, and no ideas. It is monday night and I am still depressed. How did we manage to lose. I think to many players want to win with the least possible effort. Until the last few minutes their keeper did not have a serious save to make, no he didnt even touch that effort from Husbands.

redalways

Judge me on my players / Can't Play 442

Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:02 pm

Judge me on my players the man said - Smith, Staunton, Larossa, Broad to name but a few.

We can't play 442 the man said a few days back - strange thing memory, obviously forgot all about it when he picked the team for Yeovil.

Bold move replacing a very unfortunate Wrack with a striker - obviously thought Yeovil were so bad that we should go for a hatful in the second half. On a brighter note, hopefully Husbands will become a permanent replacement for Jorge. He probably had more scoring chances in half a game than Jorge has had all season.

Previous
Return to 2005-06 Season