Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Nottingaham Forest-Tuesday 9th August 2005-(h)

Reports and reaction from the 2005-06 season as Walsall finished 24th (R) in League 1
Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:09 pm

Hull - I'm in the chat room.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:09 pm

only bad thing is that Junior has just scored for stoke

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:33 pm

3-2 yoikes

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:41 pm

Yes! What a nerve wracking last few minutes.The forest commentators are livid about the penalty.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:41 pm

3-2. Excellent.

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:54 pm

Are we top yet??
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:55 pm

Great result. Can't wait for Saturday. Up the Saddlers!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welsh_Saddler

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:03 pm

There are only three teams with maximum points after 2 games tonight.

Oldham are 1st (Goal diff +3)
Walsall are 2nd (Goal diff +2)
Swansea are 3rd (Goal diff +2)

Southend at home on Saturday !!!

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:12 pm

ucow wrote:3-2 to the saddlers only because i predicted that against rotherscum and we won so im going for the phycological factor of keeping the same prediction till we dont win!

I take it mate that you will be making the same prediction for Saturday? LOL

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:16 pm

Great result for the lads. 6 points against likely teams in the pre season predictions.

Many thanks to Geoff who, as ususal, kept me going with text updates as he does whenever he is there.

Exile, mate. Where were you listening? Can you give me some details how to find the commentry?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:17 pm

EASY EASY EASY

HAHAAHAHAHAHA

That served them bunch of Tos**** right, NOW WHOS WATCHIN BRAZIL

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:23 pm

[quote="hullsaddler"]Yes! What a nerve wracking last few minutes.The forest commentators are livid about the penalty.[/quote]

Have just got back,I'm on cloud 9,but my nerves are shattered.need to have a think before I post
about the match,so the forest commentators were livid about the penalty,but have they said anything about
our keeper being held down before there 2nd goal,a foul if ever I saw one.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:27 pm

what was the score before the penno? 8)

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:29 pm

Just got back, slightly hoarse.

We went from looking good early first half to letting Forest run the game from about 15 mins in till the break.

Second half Wright was excellent and a three goal blitz was no more than we deserved (even with a slightly fortunate penalty and keeper dismissal).

I think the ref tried to even it up with Forest's second goal - Oakes was
clearly fouled and I don't think the ball even crossed the line thanks to
Wrack palming it away.

Still, can we say it......

THE REDS ARE GOING UP!!!!

PerStener
UTS Veteran

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:54 pm

I'm glad about the result and happy we now have 7 in a row...

But what pisses me off is this:

1. The Saddlers World live commentary didn't have the Saddlers match instead they had Wolves vs. Palace.

2. During half time there where a massive thunderstorm sweeping through here in Sveg, Sweden so I had to shut down the computer and broadband modem so i missed the second half!!!!

Shad

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:59 pm

Absolutley Fantastic- What a 2 minute turn around- I think youre all right about the ref trying to even up matters, although I gather it was the linesman who gave both the Penalty and the sending off, did he see something I didn't- I saw it as 2 players going for a 50-50. Not that I'm complaining :lol:

A truly inspired performence- apart from MOTM Bennett I think Osborn really shone tonight, as well as many others.

drypack

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:10 pm

foxy had a great game too but then again they all played well

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:14 pm

GET IN!!!

After 45 mins I didnt think we could break down such a stubbon forest defence but my god I was wrong. Cracking substitution bringing Wrighty on, and what a goal with his LEFT foot.
I thought the ref was dodgy throughout and my god how did he miss foul on oakesy?

Bennett clealy man of the match, ozzie,westwood and fox also stood out.

7 ON THE TROT!

andy__vh

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:17 pm

superb 2nd half! amazing! cant wait till sat! i think we may have a enjoyable season ahead!!!

oh and im sure alot of people will have a good day at work tomorrow! ie those who work with Forest fans, aint that right Up-the-Walsall!!?

drypack

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:17 pm

gerrard might find it difficult to get back in over bennett as hes played well over 2 games

drypack

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:20 pm

i got delivery drivers who deliver from blenheim in notts and are die hard fans and i cant wait to shove my ticket stubb in there faces coz they think they are above our league

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:25 pm

andy__vh wrote:superb 2nd half! amazing! cant wait till sat! i think we may have a enjoyable season ahead!!!

oh and im sure alot of people will have a good day at work tomorrow! ie those who work with Forest fans, aint that right Up-the-Walsall!!?

All day a forest fan as been saying little walsall aint going to do nothing and that I will be hiding in my office all day with embarasment after tonights result. The shoes on the other foot, dont say these words often.... Im looking forward to work tomorrow!

Ei oi eh oi ei oi oh up the football league we go!

drypack

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:29 pm

work is gonna be a good place to be in the next 3 days and rub there noses in it

redalways

Wrong tactics first half

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:30 pm

If we play 451, why do we hoof the ball to the single striker and give him no support?

Was it our plan to play deep or did they stop us passing the ball? I'm not sure, but the second half saw a much better balance to the side.

No doubt we were lucky again, but teams who are second in the table get the luck and the dodgy penalties. We will get better and someone will get a tanking, but perhaps not this month.

NEILTHESADDLER

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:32 pm

Team
forest
this is a fuking joke! cheated out of it we dominated all game! ridiculous officials the cheating bastards [/quote]????????????????????????????????????????????????

where they watchin the same game

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:35 pm

think it was Megson's plan to push us deep.didn't help that Wrack made no use of the space on the left-it was left to Fox>Matty Fryatt seems at his best when short balls are played direct to feet,rather than having to run onto them.that way the defender has to commit himself.once Jorge went up front,that started to happen.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:41 pm

Anyone see what the pen was given for? It just looked like a 50-50 to me. As he was sent off I wondered whether there was an off the ball incident while the keeper and Jorge were both on the deck. Who knows, and frankly who cares? I was delighted we beat them because of their Dingle-like arrogance "You've only come to see the Forest" "It's just like watching Brazil" etc. Even the Ginger Whinger has caught the bug:

"With the size of our club and the situation we are in we are there to be shot and we will have to get used to it, people like an underdog and every time we play we will be favourites." (From the Forest official site)

What they seem to be forgetting is that 'little' Walsall have been in the same division as Forest now in 5 of the last 7 seasons, during which time we've won 5, drawn 2 and lost 2. Plus there's a couple of League Cup wins we can throw into the equation. I think if anyone, they are the underdogs.

Well played the lads, Jules and Westy were immense, Wright made a difference and Ossie is rapidly becoming the lynchpin of the team.

drypack

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:45 pm

the pen was a joke it was 50 50 wasnt a sending off but penno given so keeper has to go but great result

drypack

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:51 pm

westwood was great the whole feeling round the club is better than in recent seasons and i think we are in for a good season and as for being written off before we kicked a ball well we beat the supposed best team in the league tonight so automatic promotion i reacon

ShropSaddler

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:52 pm

Well I hope all home games are that exciting this season!!

Player by player;

Oakes - didn't exactly inspire confidence and looked very jittery towards the end. Clearly fouled for their 2nd goal
Pead - excellent defensive performance
Fox - much better than I expected. Close to being motm
Westwood - immense, organised the defence superbly
Bennett - well deserved motm
Standing - v poor
Taylor - had his moments, great free-kick, some good challenges
Osborn - superb midfield performance
Wrack - might as well have not been on the pitch. Contributed about 5/6 backward passes and 3 square passes all of less than 5 yards. Should have been marking the Notts right-sided player who crossed for the first goal but was nowhere to be seen
Leitao - came into his own in the 2nd half. Still not the player he was but certainly contributed to the win
Fryatt - thought he looked a class above anyone else on the pitch. Destined for greater things
Wright - great 2nd half performance. Difficult to leave him out next game.

The Referee - clearly, far and away our MOTM Absolutely bizarre performance. Not just the penalty and sending off (which I can only assume was for the fact that the goalie slid feet first into Leitao?) but also the 2nd forest goal and the fact that he booked several players for very minor offences whilst leaving other much more serious fouls to go unpunished!

PreviousNext
Return to 2005-06 Season